Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Am I expected to call moms on cellphones?
Previous  1  2  3  4

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 9:12 am
Metukah wrote:
...Actually, this morning, I got a call at home, from a woman asking for my husband's cell phone number. I don't feel comfortable giving it out, so I asked her name. I didn't know who it was, but I gave her the number anyway. DH afterwards told me that it was a woman employed by the company he does payroll for and she wanted payslips. Did she not think she should be calling him at the office? It was during work hours when he is at the office and If it was out of hours, she shouldn't have called anyway. I was pretty annoyed. I don't think cell phones are as private as they used to be, and that's okay, but there should be a limit. If a cell phone is not the business number, people should not be calling that number for business reasons, especially not a salaried employee.

Most companies in which I have worked expect employees to share their cell number with teammates and encourage (but do not require) employees to list that number in the company employee directory.

That being said, I would not can all employee's home to get his cell# unless it was very urgent.

And I don't offer my husband's cellphone number to people unless I know who they are or why the want it. But I would not be annoyed if someone asked me for it.

Metukah

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 9:54 am
DrMom wrote:
Most companies in which I have worked expect employees to share their cell number with teammates and encourage (but do not require) employees to list that number in the company employee directory.

That being said, I would not can all employee's home to get his cell# unless it was very urgent.

And I don't offer my husband's cellphone number to people unless I know who they are or why the want it. But I would not be annoyed if someone asked me for it.

DH does use his cell phone for work purposes (more than for personal use) and it is his regular mode of communication for all his work customers (He's in accounts department).

However, he is based in an office, so if someone needs something work related their first point of contact should be the business/office, not home. Rolling Eyes

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:20 pm
We don't have a home line anymore.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics