Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Food processor, blender, mixer Fleishig, milchig, parve ????

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:50 am
Do you buy any of the above and if you have it do you have two or three of each for meat milk and parve?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:51 am
All of mine are pareve. My immersion bender is fleishig. But I have separate bowls and attachments for mixer for dairy as well

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:52 am
Everything is parve. Though I do have separate immersion blenders.

lfab

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:01 am
Pareve mixer and food processor. I do have a dairy immersion blender and have considered getting a dairy hand mixer.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:04 am
Pareve mixer and foor processor. I have all 3 immersion blenders and a milchig blender.I use the milchig blender for cheesecake. I don't really make other dairy baked goods.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:05 am
All pareve. I happen to have a spare blender jar and blade from an old appliance. Since it fits my current blender base, I made it milchik and use it to make milkshakes and the like. But I would never have bought a second unit just to have a milchik one. You can make milkshakes in a quart jar, and you get the benefit of a little upper body exercise.

I do food prep in pareve to the maximum extent possible. Even when making chicken soup or beef stew, I cut up the veggies in pareve. I don’t think I have ever cut an onion with a non-pareve knife in my life. Why would I? If I cut it pareve, I can steal a slice for my cheese sandwich before dropping the rest in the cholent pot.

You didn’t ask, but the only appliance I have for Pesach is a little handheld electric mixer (not immersion blender) for beating egg whites.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:29 am
My food processor I use for meat, My blender for dairy and my stand mixer I consider meat because I am not careful enough with washing it in cold water. I dont have a large kitchen and its a lot easier for me to just have milchig and fleishig items.

teajoygreye

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:
Do you buy any of the above and if you have it do you have two or three of each for meat milk and parve?

I have a food processor, a kitchen aid, and beaters - all parve.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:04 pm
My food processor is fleishig , I have a mini food processor that's parve.
I have a fleishig and a dairy immersion blender and a parve mixer.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:11 pm
My food processor is parve.

I have a dairy blender that was DH's before we got married, and both dairy and meat immersion blenders (needed for soups).

I have milk and meat hand mixers that I rarely use.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 3:29 pm
Pareve food processor and mixer.

Fleishik Ninja blender I use in making hearty chicken soup.

Pareve and milchik immersion blenders.

saralem

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:59 pm
My big mixer is pareve and I have a hand held small mixer for milchigs. Immersion blender is fleishik. Food processor is pareve. But I’ve recently started washing it with fleishik keilim because it actually encourages me to use it more frequently. I haven’t put actual meat in it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:15 pm
I treat my food processor as fleishig (cut onions with fleishig keilim), my blender as milchig, immersion blenders for both fleishig and milchig, pareve hand mixer, and fleishig washed Bosch...BUT I'm pretty confident when I can use my appliances for out of the norm needs. E.g. making cheesecake once a year with a pareve mixer and washed without yad soledes bo water keeps my mixer pareve (now I just use my Ninja blender though). I can make pizza dough (which is pareve) in my mixer bowl (washed yad soledes bo with fleishig) and use it for milchig pizza still. I can mix up challah which is perfectly pareve in the Bosch bowl.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:13 am
Mixer- was pareve, but broke
Food processor- pareve
Mini food processor- fleishig (the bowl from the hand blender)
Blender- milichig, for my smoothies Smile
Hand blender with all the attachments except the bowl- pareve

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:24 am
Over the years I ended up with one of almost everything.

Not counting pesach, food processors of varying quality for dairy, meat, pareve

Mixers for dairy and pareve and a Bosch for challah.

Hand blender for dairy after I broker my regular blender.

But each was bought for different reasons. Meat food processor because someone recuperating by me was on a liquid diet.

Dairy food processor was originally my pareve pesach one and then someone bought me a better one for pesach.

Etc and so on
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen