Home

Is there a frum news site that is not tsiyoini?
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic       Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:29 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
My heart hurts to read this thread.
Mine too. Oh well, I took the plung into the dark side of the thread Rolling Eyes
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:33 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
OP, are you in the chassidishe velt forum? This question is probably better asked there. And there's a Satmar subforum too.

Thanks!
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:35 pm
simba wrote:
There are. Hi Very Happy


So let me ask you and the OP an honest question that I've been grappling with recently: Were you sad or happy that Nikki Haley resigned? Are happy that the president is pro-Israel?
Back to top

giselle









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:43 pm
I grew up in a family that was “anti Zionism”. What I learned from that experience was not to be anti other types of Jews. We have enough people doing that for us.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:46 pm
I just have one question: This rabbi shapiro, he is not satmar. And the book that he wrote is full of so many inaccuracies and he puts down rabbanim. Thats bad enough. But my question is, why would you take this as "from sinai"? Meaning, why would you take this one rabbi's extremely long and concluded book (could have been shorter, no?) and take it to be all true? I am 100% sure that a lot of what he wrote is not accurate at all.
But what do I know? Im not satmar. Wait a minute, neither is that author. Rolling Eyes Mad
Back to top

simba









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
So let me ask you and the OP an honest question that I've been grappling with recently: Were you sad or happy that Nikki Haley resigned? Are happy that the president is pro-Israel?



Sad she resigned. Yes, she was a voice of truth.
Yes, I am happy Trump is pro-Israel, not because the Zionism that built Israel is so great but it gives a sliver of hope for Jewish safety. I'll hold on to that every day regardless of what type of jew you are.

It's not so black and white for me. I disagree strongly with the Zionist philosophy, it so much undermines Torah and ththe sanctity of Jewish life. Eretz Yisroel is holy regardless of its government and Jews are holy regardless of their beliefs.


Last edited by simba on Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:02 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Mine too. Oh well, I took the plung into the dark side of the thread Rolling Eyes


I see. I knew. I actually feel sorry but I feel legit to ask the original question. Its still under the rules of imamother...
I dont mean to confuse or change ideology of anyone. Thats why I'll not respond to certain coments or questions. I see so many of you are proud of Israel and my coments will not convince or confuse you so Im happy Im not brainwashing because thats not my intention. I like this place and it's fun to talk to people that type "bucher" for boys and people that type "ahlan" for hi one thread away. All I wanted is names of those sites and thanks. I'll check them out. We all have to agree to disagree at imamother.
(By the way whoever spoke about army, I had some some cousins in the army too and one uncle when he was younger and as we speak probably have one cousins daughter starting sherut leumi or army. )
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:05 pm
giselle wrote:
I grew up in a family that was “anti Zionism”. What I learned from that experience was not to be anti other types of Jews. We have enough people doing that for us.


Anti the ideology or hated them as a fellow jew?
Back to top

someone









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:12 pm
I know I'm going to regret this. But I can't seem to stop myself. Zionism is a very wide term. There are secular zionists and there are religious zionists. Herzl was a zionist. Rav Kook was a zionist. Did they have the same belief system? No, not at all. It's impossible to lump everyone together in one collective term.
I am a zionist and for me the shivat zion we are zoche to see (and I am zoche to be a part of - you are all invited to come along) is the fruition of 2000 years of tefillot. It is the fulfillment of nevuot and it is a nes galui which happened and continues to happen every day because of Hashem's great chessed and hashgacha. Of course there are (many many) things I would like to change in the State of Israel and with the government, but its a process, we are still in diapers. That's why we refer to it as reishit tzmichat geulateinu - the beginning of the flowering of our redemption, not yet the geulah shleima but an important stop on the way. I choose to be part of that process and to try and make a difference from within. I see all the problems you see, but I look at it through a different light.
I haven't read The Empty Wagon, but it is important for me to emphasize (and I know I'm going to regret this too) that the rabbi who wrote it, with all due respect to him, is opposing and criticizing a hashkafa espoused by gedolei yisrael (yes, they were gedolim and were recognized as such in their lifetime by gdolim you would all accept as such). It is much much more complicated than a topic which can be ripped apart in one book, long as it might be.
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:19 pm
simba wrote:
Sad she resigned. Yes, she was a voice of truth.
Yes, I am happy Trump is pro-Israel, not because the Zionism that built Israel is so great but it gives a sliver of hope for Jewish safety. I'll hold on to that every day regardless of what type of jew you are.

It's not so black and white for me. I disagree strongly with the Zionist philosophy, it so much undermines Torah and ththe sanctity of Jewish life. Eretz Yisroel is holy regardless of its government and Jews are holy regardless of their beliefs.


Thank you, you've given me food for thought.

In that sense though, there are many frum sites that aren't zionistic, but still pro-Israel. It sounds the OP is talking about more of an extreme stance.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
I see. I knew. I actually feel sorry but I feel legit to ask the original question. Its still under the rules of imamother...
I dont mean to confuse or change ideology of anyone. Thats why I'll not respond to certain coments or questions. I see so many of you are proud of Israel and my coments will not convince or confuse you so Im happy Im not brainwashing because thats not my intention. I like this place and it's fun to talk to people that type "bucher" for boys and people that type "ahlan" for hi one thread away. All I wanted is names of those sites and thanks. I'll check them out. We all have to agree to disagree at imamother.
(By the way whoever spoke about army, I had some some cousins in the army too and one uncle when he was younger and as we speak probably have one cousins daughter starting sherut leumi or army. )
You can ask any question you want and we can all answer how we want. And we can also feel sad for you and / or for this thread.
And no offense, but I dont think you would change anyone's ideology, not by talking about that book anyway.

Im just wondering, can you answer my question above? Im wondering about your answer.
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:25 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but being afraid of terrorist attacks has nothing to do with not being zionistic.
Did this rabbi give a reason why one should not go to Israel?


Well I dont think he oposes going or moving to Israel. Unless I skipped that part... then give me some slack....its 1000 pages. By the way there are halachot to ask about moving out of Israel if you are there and a niftar is not supposed to be taken back to his country if he passed away in Israel while visiting there.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
Well I dont think he oposes going or moving to Israel. Unless I skipped that part... then give me some slack....its 1000 pages. By the way there are halachot to ask about moving out of Israel if you are there and a niftar is not supposed to be taken back to his country if he passed away in Israel while visiting there.
No, I wasnt asking if the rabbi who wrote the book had a reason for not going to israel, but the rabbi who your husband follows.

And I am very well aware of the halachot of staying in Eretz Yisrael. Im confused, what does that have to do with what you or I wrote?

(And I meant the other reply that I asked you about the book)
Back to top

notshanarishona









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:40 pm
To skip the controversy since I don't want to get into a useless conversation but I am not sure what you are asking and what type of websites you find to be too zionistic. most frum news sites are not pro zionis that I am aware of
Theyeshivaworld
Matzav
Are my go 2 for news
And I do arutz7 but I assume u wouldn't like that.
Back to top

camp









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:46 pm
I’m sad for the op’s ignorant and misguided ideology.
If she was part of neutrai karta she would not be allowed on this site. This is for Frum Jews, and they are definitely not in that category.
Back to top

amother




Mauve


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:58 pm
Al Jazeerah is a "frum" Muslim news site. They may be more in line with your ideology .
Back to top

amother




Coral


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:00 pm
Your rebbe's life was saved by a Zionist.
Back to top

Seas









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:03 pm
Ivelt is a non-tziyoni yiddish forum with a news section (in form of a forum).

BTW, I find it hard to believe you read The Empty Wagon and enjoyed it, as it's not well edited at all. Far too thick, technical and repetitive. And this is from someone who enjoys thick, deep books.
Back to top

SuperWify









  


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:10 pm
I am very pro Israel but I’m not a Zionist because of the anti chareidi and corrupt government.

That all being said, Im in total love with the country, I daven for and have tremendous hakaras hatov to the brave soldiers fighting for our Homeland. I’m in awe by the amount growth this tiny country has had in less than 100 years and the incredible technological advances they constantly bring to the world.

I love visiting and speaking to people from all different walks. Religious or not, we are one family and almost everyone feels the same. I can talk to my non religious Sephardi taxi driver about life back in Morocco, or the nice yerushalmi woman about what to do with a child who won’t sleep. The old lady from Benai Brak is more than happy to share her challah recipe and my uncles cousin from a Moshav up north teaches us about the production of his juicy grapes.

They seem intimidating, their Hebrew too fast, before I approach them. But like a true sabra they all warm up quickly and before you know it I become life long friends with each of my brothers and sisters- because we’re really one family.

Satmar people- question for you all: do you feel left out of our beautiful family because you refuse to visit our Fathers country??? I feel terrible for you, your like an estranged sibling...

What a bracha it is to have a place of our own!

(Now all we need is mashiach so the Satmar folks can join in what they are missing out🙄🙄)

Please help me understand what is wrong with GOING to EY? (* note I did not recommend joining the army- just visiting the place...)
Back to top

amother




Coral


Post  Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:16 pm
For all those with his book on your night table, you're in great company! He is being quoted on every anti Semitic website possible! From the KKK to Hamas.
Wonderful guy making a great kiddish Hashem.. He's come such a long way from his creepy moderator days on Frumteens...
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic       Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
InPutting phone no on zara site 2 Yesterday at 10:13 am View last post
Harry Potter Frum Fanfiction: Yehuda (Anthony) Goldstein
by amother
261 Fri, Oct 12 2018, 12:56 am View last post
Any Brooklyn Urgent Care places do X-Rays on site?
by amother
1 Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:16 pm View last post
What makes someone frum? We all practice differently 47 Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:35 pm View last post
by Yael
S/O Why is adult FRUM literature awful? 111 Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:33 am View last post

Jump to:  



Report offensive ad