Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Apraxia. Please help
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:
Op, u said u are in Brooklyn so why can't u call agencies to see if they have speech therapists trained in apraxia. She should continue with the regular speech therapist now until u find one but if she's diagnosed with apraxia, then the early intervention agency should be able to ask for speech for 4 or 5 times a week(request an increase in weekly visits unless u already have everyday).

Also, u can tell the agency to evaluate her for special instruction(which is called setts wen they are older) bec maybe shell be eligible to get a specific instruction teacher come to ur home and its paid for by early intervention. Its good for her to get as much therapy as possible.

My child has apraxia too but I couldn't find a therapist trained in apraxia, so I used a regular therapist. I was able to get my child a lot of different services through early intervention paid for by NYC, so what do u mean that u have to do private pay?

She is receiving ALL services though ei now. We currently have 3 times spch and asking for increase to 5 cuz no progress... and looking meanwhile for therapist that deals with apraxia

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
She is receiving ALL services though ei now. We currently have 3 times spch and asking for increase to 5 cuz no progress... and looking meanwhile for therapist that deals with apraxia

Ok. Well I hope u can find someone. It makes a big difference if the therapist is trained in apraxia. Hatzlacha.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics