Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dr. Ditchek Practice/Flatbush

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:42 pm
My kids are patients at Dr. Ditchek's practice for a few years.
We don't live in the immediate area and I don't personally know anyone else in his practice.
I have noticed that the practice seems to have shrunk in the past few years and I want to know why this is, if there are issues I should know about. I am considering changing because of the distance, and the shrinking size niggles at me.

I do know he is busy with other things, too- he is co-founder of a non-profit for kids and young adults with serious medical diagnoses, they take them on fantastic trips. He is also heading a new org for genetic testing, forgot the name. A friend told me that a pediatrician doing those things would give her pause because it seems he's focusing on other areas than his practice, and he's likely to not be committed and phase out. Dunno if that's so.

Anyone familiar with the practice?

Sebastian

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:58 pm
Are your kids getting quality care? If they are, why does it matter if the practice shrunk?

Maybe he stopped taking certain insurances. Maybe he stopped taking new patients etc.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:45 pm
My niece just joined his practice. He seems to be extremely natural minded. Like no diaper cream on newborns etc.

Maybe that’s a reason Idk

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 3:30 pm
Hes probably one of three only docs I'd trust in brooklyn. His practice is small because his primary focus is KOC . Hes extremely knowledgable and devoted to his patients. I would not leave if I'm in.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 3:48 pm
Hes probably one of three only docs I'd trust in brooklyn. His practice is small because his primary focus is KOC . Hes extremely knowledgable and devoted to his patients. I would not leave if I'm in.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
So patients left as he got more involved with KOC?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:05 am
Sebastian wrote:
Are your kids getting quality care? If they are, why does it matter if the practice shrunk?

Maybe he stopped taking certain insurances. Maybe he stopped taking new patients etc.
I didn't post that I noticed it's shrinking and therefore I'm outta there.

My kids are getting good enough care now. It matters to me because I'm out of the loop and want to know if there's something I should know that I don't know now, that would make me reconsider.

So I'm asking.

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:11 am
I don't use his practice , but he's considered a top notch knowledgeable doctor if that helps..

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:28 am
No diaper cream on babies?? Then what?
Rash is soooo painful!!????

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:40 am
cookiewriter wrote:
No diaper cream on babies?? Then what?
Rash is soooo painful!!????

He said only to use vaseline the first month. Ps the baby got a fungal infection
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries