Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Catering: Brooklyn dairy restaurants

DVOM

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:08 pm
So...

My sisters and I spent a lot of time this week trying to plan a home-cooked dairy sheva brachos for our youngest brother. This afternoon another brother called to say that he WILL NOT make a home made sheva brachos. It's too hard, too time-consuming, too overwhelming for his wife to contribute. He wants to do it catered at a Brooklyn restaurant. He doesn't care if it costs more. That's what he wants.

My head is spinning with this potential change of plans. I don't really have strong feelings about it one way or another, but I know I can't afford... well, I can't afford anything, but I was hoping that at least doing it at home, made ourselves, we could keep the cost down.

So the next step is to find out how much a catered restaurant sheva brachos would cost. We would pare down the guest list to keep costs down.

Does anyone know how much it costs, per head, for a sheva brachos meal in a Brooklyn dairy restaurant?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:27 pm
With tax and gratuities, and depending on your numbers, I'd assume you're looking at $30-$40 pp, but you could try calling a few places to see what they offer. Try Spoons on Ave. J, Savor on Nostrand and P, and Pescada on Ocean Avenue.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
With tax and gratuities, and depending on your numbers, I'd assume you're looking at $30-$40 pp, but you could try calling a few places to see what they offer. Try Spoons on Ave. J, Savor on Nostrand and P, and Pescada on Ocean Avenue.

Also Garden of Eat In makes a nice party...

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:41 pm
Mottys
5007-16th ave
718-438-9833
not sure if fleishig or milchig
China glatt fleishig
44tg street-13th avenue
Kaff Kafe 5320-16
718-4360808
Thats where we make it and that is the cheapest.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:04 pm
Kaff Kafe is your best bet in terms of pricing. It's casual but has a nice feel and they can close the place down for your party.

If you still want to make the sheva brachos at home, maybe your brother and his wife can buy catered food for their contribution.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:11 pm
Look into Spoons as well

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Kaff Kafe is your best bet in terms of pricing. It's casual but has a nice feel and they can close the place down for your party.

If you still want to make the sheva brachos at home, maybe your brother and his wife can buy catered food for their contribution.

I second kaff kafe. Excellent food and excellent service

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 5:19 pm
it's going to cost you a lot more per person. Somewhere between 500-1000 even with the shorter guest list.

Can your brother contribute money instead of his wife making food for the Sheva Brachos?

Otherwise, Circa in Lakewood may be cheaper than the Brooklyn restaurants.

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 5:34 pm
Just to expand on my last post.

here's your menu from the other thread. If your brother pays for some things, him and sil will have contributed and it'll cost him the same or less than a catered sheva brachos.

Starter: Nachos (served with sour cream, guacamole, salsa), salad, garlic bread
Can you have a bread basket in the middle of the table, skip the nachos and serve a plated salad? Brother can buy the bread and salad ingredients.

Soup: French onion

Main: Mini pizzas, basil pasta, fettecini alfredo, penne vodka, mini quiches, morracan talapia, green beans.
Your brother can buy mini pizza dough, green beans (I would do frozen), mini quiche shells, fish and heavy cream for the pastas. Also 2 pastas is plenty.

dessert: cheesecake, ice cream bar- your brother can buy the cheesecake and ice cream. Voila he contributed.

DVOM

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 6:09 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Just to expand on my last post.

here's your menu from the other thread. If your brother pays for some things, him and sil will have contributed and it'll cost him the same or less than a catered sheva brachos.

Starter: Nachos (served with sour cream, guacamole, salsa), salad, garlic bread
Can you have a bread basket in the middle of the table, skip the nachos and serve a plated salad? Brother can buy the bread and salad ingredients.

Soup: French onion

Main: Mini pizzas, basil pasta, fettecini alfredo, penne vodka, mini quiches, morracan talapia, green beans.
Your brother can buy mini pizza dough, green beans (I would do frozen), mini quiche shells, fish and heavy cream for the pastas. Also 2 pastas is plenty.

dessert: cheesecake, ice cream bar- your brother can buy the cheesecake and ice cream. Voila he contributed.

Shavua Tov everyone!

Its a really good idea Sebastian. I already suggested it. It was a no go. Brother does not want the headache of having to buy stuff. I told him he could just give me the money, I'd buy it all. Also a no go. Not sure exactly why. He just wants to do it in a restaurant. ***Sigh!*** It's fine. It's not worth fighting over. His voice is the strongest here, I'm just going to go along with it. There are things I fight for. Where and how we make our brothers sheva brachos is not one of them.

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 6:14 pm
Look into Circa then.

Kaf Kaffe is going to be 1200 + tax and tip and amothers said they are the cheapest.
They charge $29 a person and have a 40 person min.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 6:18 pm
https://www.armonhall.com/

This is how much it would cost to do in palace cafe on nostrand ave

bobeli

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 7:17 pm
Call corner caffe on Ditmas ave, always fresh and they close the place for you

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 7:23 pm
Sebastian wrote:

Kaf Kaffe is going to be 1200 + tax and tip and amothers said they are the cheapest.
They charge $29 a person and have a 40 person min.

Their price includes tax and tip.

Sebastian

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 7:36 pm
amother that is excellent but still pricey.

bsy

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 7:40 pm
I had a small one in pizza world cafe on coney island Ave. It's now called perizia or something. It's casual but nice

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 7:49 pm
Just so you know, I was in your shoes a few months ago and Kaff Kaffe was the cheapest non-pizza shop style option I found. Just so you know though, the space is SMALL. If you have any small children who need a little bit of space to run around or a few people with strollers, you will have a problem. Ultimately, I had to switch to a different venue because of this.

ladYdI

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 8:32 pm
When I looked into this $1200 plus tax and tips was cheapest for 40 person minimum
First see how many ppl you have. If you have less than 40 you’ll need a lower end pizza place probably
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries