Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Sending Baby to a Babysitter

serenity8843

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 2:49 am
I've had my first baby almost three months ago...I'm in college for my masters online so I'm able to stay home with my baby rather than send him to a babysitter. However, I think I want to get a job mainly to get out of the house and feel more accomplished. I know I can juggle a job with schoolwork, cooking dinner, and baby and my dear husband.

Honestly though, one of the biggest things holding me back from actually getting a job is the fear I have of sending my baby to a babysitter. I've heard two or three horror stories about babysitters who were neglectful or abusive and it makes me feel so nervous to send off my baby to a babysitter.

Can you share your experiences with using a babysitter? Any recommendations for ensuring that the babysitter that you choose is responsible, honest, loving and caring and fit for the job? Thank you!

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 2:51 am
What happens if you take babysitter to your house or install nanny cams?

cinnamon

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 3:12 am
There is no way to know for sure but I sent all my kids out at 14 weeks (besides for my youngest. I got to stay with him till he was eight months old)
I had a few babysitters over the years. Some I liked more then others but they were all warm and caring and they all did their best.
I think that if you ask about the babysitter and get good feedback and if she invites you in to her home and its neat and clean but there are toys on the floor and space for the babies to play and you get a good vibe you need to be okay with it.
And daven ofcourse!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 3:28 am
Ask your friends who they use. Ask the sitter for references.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics