Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 2:39 pm
Hi, it's azure op from last post, how has your first day been??
Mine was a difficult tiring one but bH I pulled thru thanks to you guys.
1.all kids were home. 2. Didn't have any healthy food stocked up. So I ended up being irritable, moody and very tired.
Breakfast plate of bran flakes milk
Snack: apple
Dinner: salad with 2 eggs and 2 pack Malta toast
Snack: almonds
Supper: veg soup, tuna salad, Melba toast.
Water: I'm nearly finished 1.5 litres. I'd love to drink 3 but not first day
Not very exciting but was stuck home and couldn't go out to buy stuff.
The trick is to prepare in advance.
Looking forward to hear from u...

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 4:33 pm
so I am doing the whole thirty.
I stayed on plan all day
drank tons of water
and did zumba and lots of crunches after
officially on the whole thirty I am only supposed to weigh myself once a month. I will see what to do on Sunday

Last edited by Jewishmom8 on Sun, Oct 14 2018, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

groisamomma

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 4:57 pm
How's it going for everyone so far?

I feel like Sundays I spend more time running around shuttling everyone around than I do at home so Sundays are hard food-wise. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with onions, raw cucumbers and tomatoes, and a coffee. Lunch was grilled chicken and broccoli. For the first time in a long time I went walking. Still no water intake, though. Ideas are welcome.

My biggest challenge is yet to come. I tend to go to town with my nosh closet late at night. Maybe I'll spend more time in my room instead of the kitchen.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 6:00 pm
Any one else want to share what they ate today??? I'm starrrvvving!!! And stressed about something and would usually binge but keeping strong....thanks to u!!!

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 6:20 pm
For breakfast I ate 3 rice cakes with tomato dip. Don't remember what I ate for lunch but dinner was chicken breast in some sauce with rice and beans.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
Any one else want to share what they ate today??? I'm starrrvvving!!! And stressed about something and would usually binge but keeping strong....thanks to u!!!

Sure... breakfast was 2 cups black coffee and two slices high protein bread with coconut oil.
Lunch was a bowl of steamed broccoli drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with pumpkin seeds.
Dinner will be homemade veggie soup and a small garden salad with lemon juice and olive oil.
I don't really snack, but if I need something later I'll have an apple.

Dollyz

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:06 pm
Lunch: I had salad and a small piece of salmon.
Supper: will be shabbos leftovers (soup, chicken & potatoes) and salad.
I'm proud of myself that I didn't buy chocolate today.
And I did a 20 minute workout on the elliptical.
I didn't drink enough today, though there's hope of still fixing that.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:22 pm
Amother wine here.

Was a busy crazy day. No time to food shop. Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins, unsalted peanuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and unsweetened almond milk/coffee. Lunch leftover chicken breast,a little rice, a bell pepper, lettuce. Dinner will be chicken breast with pineapple, peppers, onions,and lettuce. Maybe an apple. Didn't drink enough I'm so thirsty but am too lazy to drink. It's silly I really need to drink.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
Amother wine here.

Was a busy crazy day. No time to food shop. Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins, unsalted peanuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and unsweetened almond milk/coffee. Lunch leftover chicken breast,a little rice, a bell pepper, lettuce. Dinner will be chicken breast with pineapple, peppers, onions,and lettuce. Maybe an apple. Didn't drink enough I'm so thirsty but am too lazy to drink. It's silly I really need to drink.

My mouth is drooling at your menu,

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:59 pm
can I still join?
My goal is to lose about 30 pounds (eventually).
I would like to make my mini goal 10 pounds for now.

I was doing weight watchers with some sukkos before yom tov season came around and I'm having a hard time getting back on..

breakfast today was- 2 peices whole wheat bread with scrambeled eggs, mushrooms & a little cheese

lunch- 80 calorie yogurt, bannana & peach (cut up fruit in yogurt) with about 1 T granola mixed in

dinner - chicken bottom, brown rice & string beans

*I had 100 calorie bag of mini cookies for snack (not the most healthy idea but I was doing errands the whole day & forgot to pack up snacks...)

On the whole I think I am below points for the day bec I didn't end up eating between meals besides that 1 snack..

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 8:11 pm
I was amother green on the other thread. I'm doing weight watchers. I have a lot to lose, but I'm doing mini goals of 15 lbs. Today I ate:
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 1 PC whole wheat matza, coffee no sugar, skim milk
Lunch: no fat cottage cheese, banana, salad with chickpeas
Supper: chicken bottom, baked sweet potato, cauliflower.
Snacks: slim yogurt, apple, grapes.
I drank around 8 c water.
But no excercize- I twisted my ankle. Sad

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:
My mouth is drooling at your menu,

Thanks. Your menu sounded good too. And great job not eating just because you're stressed. I also tend to eat when stressed or frustrated and it's not easy but you can distract yourself another way. Have an herbal tea or some cucumber infused water if you feel like eating but know you aren't actually hungry.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:19 pm
A good first day ברוך ה׳!
Breakfast: 2(! Oops- should have eaten only one) bowls of Life with milk
Lunch: 2 1/2 c lentil veg soup
PM snacks: 5 c air popped popcorn, and then downhill from there noshing in the car with my kids: 5 snacker crackers, about 120 cal. Bamba, and about 140 cal of chips.
Dinner: 2 1/2 c lentil veg soup
So far 10 c water. Yay!!

Water tip: we buy tons of bottles of Kirkland water at Costco. It makes us more likely to drink water (than tap), and it's not expensive.

This morning, I did what I haven't done in a long time. (I do it when I am trying to lose weight, like the ten pounds that crept up over the summer when I was back to eating without recording, etc.)
EXERCISE- easy, happy exercise! Turned on music really loud and danced (kind of like aerobics) in my living room for about 15 minutes.
I want to try to do that three times a week, 10-20 min each time.
It releases endorphins, making me a happier mommy! (My kids dance and run around with me)

I'm really excited about this thread!

ds14

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:28 pm
So it wasn't a fantastic first day, but I've definitely had worse LOL
Breakfast, plain scrambled eggs, diet muffin
Snack, bowl of cereal with milk
Lunch, crackers (Crisp Snax) with farmer's cheese
Snack, half a Kind bar, bit of popcorn
Dinner, cauliflower zucchini soup, broiled chicken, lentils
Snack, 60 calorie ice pop

justforfun87

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:32 pm
Ok, I will bite the bullet. I just read the keto thread and it was the most depressing thread/diet I ever read. I have gained close to 10 pounds since Pesach for various reasons. I don't even care to be "skinny" I just don't want to be a slave to food and overweight. I am 5'5 and currently at 163pd. I realize I am addicted to food so diets scare me. I am trying to call this new outlook a lifestyle change. My plan is to cut out the pasta (CRAZY ADDICTED), bread, and sweets. I am going to try to focus on whole foods I.e. protein, fruits, veggies. The difference this time is I started doing youtube videos at home just 30 mins at least 3x while my kids are watching their own thing.. this way I have no excuse. I may be fooling myself and I will be way over calorie count etc but I am hopeful. I will keep yall posted.
Today I ate
2 eggs for breakfast and morning star sausauge
snack was handful of cashews...yea, I will admit they were candied but I panicked in hunger.
Dinner was salmon over mashed potatoes
I have late dinner (work nights) of chicken thigh over cauliflowered rice and a side of broccoli slaw.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:42 pm
So today didn’t have to much fruits and food stocked up but tried my best . Was last year on Tanya and lost pretty nice so tried to keep to that way of eating
Breakfast 1 plate oatmeal
Snack apple
Lunch 2 scrambled eggs and big salad
Snack 1/2 say cheese cheese cake and coffee
Supper soup breaded cutlet w/ salad few pieces of fries
Some almonds
Drank at least 8 cups of water
Pretty happy with my start especially that wasn’t even really planning to start now this thread gave me a good push to jump right in. Thanks again

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:01 pm
groisamomma wrote:
How's it going for everyone so far?

I feel like Sundays I spend more time running around shuttling everyone around than I do at home so Sundays are hard food-wise. Breakfast was scrambled eggs with onions, raw cucumbers and tomatoes, and a coffee. Lunch was grilled chicken and broccoli. For the first time in a long time I went walking. Still no water intake, though. Ideas are welcome.

My biggest challenge is yet to come. I tend to go to town with my nosh closet late at night. Maybe I'll spend more time in my room instead of the kitchen.

If you can squeeze past this urge for a day or two, when eating this way, it will lessen. For real.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:05 pm
I don't record my food, but what the hay. I drink coffee with heavy cream until I get hungry around 3pm. Today I ate salmon with tomatoes and cucumbers for lunch and ribsteak, broccoli and roasted veg from a meal I had left over from Thursday night. I eat to satiety. Today, was relatively speaking (for me) a higher carb day, because mostly I am carnivore. I am extremely healthy and have lost 85 pounds in 18 or so months. My Doctors are thrilled and even though I am still a hundred pounds overweight, everywhere I go, I am told I look great. I FEEL great. Better at 50 than I did at 20. Thank god!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:32 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Ok, I will bite the bullet. I just read the keto thread and it was the most depressing thread/diet I ever read. I have gained close to 10 pounds since Pesach for various reasons. I don't even care to be "skinny" I just don't want to be a slave to food and overweight. I am 5'5 and currently at 163pd. I realize I am addicted to food so diets scare me. I am trying to call this new outlook a lifestyle change. My plan is to cut out the pasta (CRAZY ADDICTED), bread, and sweets. I am going to try to focus on whole foods I.e. protein, fruits, veggies. The difference this time is I started doing youtube videos at home just 30 mins at least 3x while my kids are watching their own thing.. this way I have no excuse. I may be fooling myself and I will be way over calorie count etc but I am hopeful. I will keep yall posted.
Today I ate
2 eggs for breakfast and morning star sausauge
snack was handful of cashews...yea, I will admit they were candied but I panicked in hunger.
Dinner was salmon over mashed potatoes
I have late dinner (work nights) of chicken thigh over cauliflowered rice and a side of broccoli slaw.

I’m the op of the keto thread.
What did you find depressing?
I know the meal may have sounded boring for some, but I really enjoy the food I picked.

The plan was a quick easy go to food plan that I don’t need to measure and calculate since I know what the macros are.

Also, I’ve been in ketosis for 2 months already, so I’m not that hungry, since I’m keto adapted.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:55 pm
Can someone post the original post about this 10 week challenge? Thinking of joining
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise