Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

cinnamon

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 5:39 am
Yesterday was not the best but better then I thought it would be.

Breakfast: tuna in a whole wheat wrap w/vegghies and coffee
lunch: eggs as soy hat dog in a whole wheat wrap
supper: 6 ground chicken meat balls + pasts + tomatoe sauce
snacks: an apple. a pear, two cucumbers, a chocolate chip cookie (only one so kind of yay?) and two coffees
water : only 1.5 liters
No exercise

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:20 am
Thurs is my weigh day. Hooray, I lost 1 pound this week. Not as much as I'd like, but still a steady decline.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:56 am
I ate so weirdly yesterday
With in plan but weird
Cheese, through out the day
2 coffees with almond milk
Pistachio, hand full
Dinner
Zucchini egg and cheese
Green salad with creamy dressing

I have no idea how much, except the pistachios was just a handful

Only drank 40oz of water

Is it better to plan first and eat or post after the fact

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:47 am
Wednesday: disaster!!! Here I am the OP and your all doing so well. This family wedding threw me out if routine, I wasn't working just sitting around with family celebrating with food. My big issue is I'm the queen of codependacy. I try be there for everyone. The elderly parent., the divorced sibling etc.. leaving no space for self care. Now they've all left and I looked at myself in mirror.., it hit me. Well I'm gonna go right back on track now and hope by Sunday I'd have lost at least something.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:05 pm
Double post.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:05 pm
Hang in there op. make your self care priority. This is what I am working to do as well. Usually I struggle with maintaining a healthy diet but I am set on doing it this time. No cheating. I am fed up with the fact that I look a few months pregnant (in my opinion) and I am not. This is motivation to me to care for myself, and not eat something that I will regret 2 mins after I eat it. I enjoy healthy food and am taking time to plan ahead and eat well. To not grab the chips that are easily accessible, and to train myself to eat a banana while cooking the chicken. Or to wait until I get home from work to eat whatever I planned rather than snacking on the junk that's available for whatever reason. You can do it op! And thank you for starting this thread its so helpful for me to read everyone's posts.

Here is yesterday's menu:
Breakfast- banana. Cut peppers dipped in hummus. Coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Late Lunch/early Dinner-beef,bean,lentil chili cooked with onions, tomatoes, eggplant. Some leftover potatoes and mixed vegetables on the side. A sprinkle of dairy free cheese. A bit of leftover chicken breast to finish it up.
Snack- a piece of the "banana bread" made from chickpeas and bananas

Water intake not bad. Maybe 3 bottles.

Iyh will post today's menu this evening Smile

sirel

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:08 pm
yesterday

skipped breakfast
lunch was a big salad with techina and small roll
supper was tuna in a pita
lots of water

today - so far
apple for breakfast
lunch was pretzels, cottage cheese

looking through my posts this week I see that I really don't eat enough protein.

I guess I'll be working on that next week!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
Hang in there op. make your self care priority. This is what I am working to do as well. Usually I struggle with maintaining a healthy diet but I am set on doing it this time. No cheating. I am fed up with the fact that I look a few months pregnant (in my opinion) and I am not. This is motivation to me to care for myself, and not eat something that I will regret 2 mins after I eat it. I enjoy healthy food and am taking time to plan ahead and eat well. To not grab the chips that are easily accessible, and to train myself to eat a banana while cooking the chicken. Or to wait until I get home from work to eat whatever I planned rather than snacking on the junk that's available for whatever reason. You can do it op! And thank you for starting this thread its so helpful for me to read

Thank you so much for our encouragement!! I really needed it now. I am such an emotional eater. Right now I ate junk cos I was upset how I let go last 2 days, how silly of me. Talking about looking pregnant, one person officially asked me how far I am and my sis told me that she was asked by someone how far. Problem is I'm slim from shoulders down and then a protruding belly Mad . I feel so much better when I diet and eat healthy.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:58 pm
Coffee with heavy cream
Scoop of tuna ( maybe 2/3 a cup)
Some sliced cheese

Dinner ( I have to get to bed really early and I was working late so it was what I had in my desk) greben

Well watered as usual with at least a lite of seltzer on top of my coffee and so far a couple of 12 ounce glasses of water since getting home

No exercise- yeah, I know.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:10 pm
mha3484 wrote:
If anyone here shops at Trader Joes the unsweetened instant oatmeal packets are my new fav item. I love that I can control the sugar content but with the convenience of just adding hot water.

I buy the same things at Shoprite, their own brand. I agree they’re super convenient and I just add cinnamon and hot water. As far as Trader Joe’s, I bought 12 bottles of their Everything but the Bagel spice!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:12 pm
BH menu today was pretty good.
Breakfast-sliced peppers and mini tomatoes. Iced coffee with unsweetened almond milk
Snack- frozen blueberries sprinkled with assorted super seeds
Lunch- 2 bowls of beef/bean/lentil chili from last night supper with a sprinkle of dairy free cheese
Dinner- salmon/tuna patty (made mine without panko before I made the rest for dh and the kids)
Snack- just now had a piece of the chickpea Banana bread with a little organic strawberry jam

Water intake, still trying to get better at that but probably around 3 bottles a day.

Planned my shabbos menu, what's everyone making? Mine is whole wheat challah,hummus, healthy broccoli kugel I found on this website, quinoa, stuffed cabbage, baked chicken, raw veggies or salad and baked apples for dessert.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, it's azure op from last post, how has your first day been??
Mine was a difficult tiring one but bH I pulled thru thanks to you guys.
1.all kids were home. 2. Didn't have any healthy food stocked up. So I ended up being irritable, moody and very tired.
Breakfast plate of bran flakes milk
Snack: apple
Dinner: salad with 2 eggs and 2 pack Malta toast
Snack: almonds
Supper: veg soup, tuna salad, Melba toast.
Water: I'm nearly finished 1.5 litres. I'd love to drink 3 but not first day
Not very exciting but was stuck home and couldn't go out to buy stuff.
The trick is to prepare in advance.
Looking forward to hear from u...

May I still officially join? Incidentally, while I’ve been doing well on a (very) low carb diet for the past two months, I decided to treat myself yesterday for the first time in a very long while, and I had a slice of pizza. Well let me tell you that was a mistake! After that, I was literally having uncontrollable cravings and hunger! It was so hard not giving in to them! I now have proof beyond a doubt that carbs are what make me crave more food, in particular sugar! I’m back to my plan.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
Wednesday: disaster!!! Here I am the OP and your all doing so well. This family wedding threw me out if routine, I wasn't working just sitting around with family celebrating with food. My big issue is I'm the queen of codependacy. I try be there for everyone. The elderly parent., the divorced sibling etc.. leaving no space for self care. Now they've all left and I looked at myself in mirror.., it hit me. Well I'm gonna go right back on track now and hope by Sunday I'd have lost at least something.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s good that you’re picking yourself right back up and going back to the plan. I’m having particular trouble when I’m out at a simcha (I love that smorgasbord!), a kiddush, or at a restaurant, I feel like at those times I want to enjoy all the yummy stuff they have that I don’t usually get to have, and I don’t want to be deprived of it! It makes me upset to think I have to stick to the healthy stuff when everyone else is enjoying sampling everything! Anyone else have that struggle?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:24 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s good that you’re picking yourself right back up and going back to the plan. I’m having particular trouble when I’m out at a simcha (I love that smorgasbord!), a kiddush, or at a restaurant, I feel like at those times I want to enjoy all the yummy stuff they have that I don’t usually get to have, and I don’t want to be deprived of it! It makes me upset to think I have to stick to the healthy stuff when everyone else is enjoying sampling everything! Anyone else have that struggle?

Not anymore.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 6:41 am
for me this was week number 1 and I lost 2,3 kg (obviously mostly water).
I stayed on plan every day (ww).
I was sick (on antibiotics) and couldnt exercise Sad but tracked my food and made sure to drink enough.

I have started similar weightloss attempts before and the beginning is always easy and inspiring and motivating. when the scales show little success for several weeks in a row (which is NORMAL) , is when it becomes difficult for me to stay on track. it is this stage/phase that I fear most and I just hope so much to overcome it this time with patience.

good luck ladies!!!! Smile and git shabbes to everyone

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 7:47 pm
Wow good For u, I'm so jealous. You myst feel amazing. I went on scale and I lost half pound, which is great considering how bad I was Wednesday.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 8:56 pm
Ok Friday food- I felt like I quite overate, in part because I woke up early to drive from Lakewood home, and honestly, I didn’t sleep enough so I admit to eating to stay awake. Not binging, not eating off plan, just more continuously and more coffee than usual. With heavy cream. But after shabbat tonight I weighed 5 pounds less than oct. 8.

Friday
Coffee with heavy cream x2
5 oz braided cheese
Corned beef chunks
A pack of grebben
Chicken soup with veg and meat
Duck rillete ( like a tbsp, maybe a tsp)
Duck magret slices ( including skin)
Rib steak
Chicken thigh
Cauliflower mash

Shabbat day
Three coffee with heavy cream
1 pc 86% chocolate ( 50 cal, 4 g carb I don’t do this often but it’s not cheating for me)
Rib steak
Duck slices
Cauliflower mash
Smoked salmon
Manchego cheese

cinnamon

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 5:12 am
The weekend was a disaster. I totally lost myself on shabbos Sad
Also my scale's battery dies so I can't weigh myself.
I started the new week okay though. Hope it goes better now.
and I'll buy a new battery today...

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:14 am
I weighed myself and lost one pound! Yay!

pause

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:42 am
Over shabbos is my biggest challenge usually. I can gain as much as 4 pounds, lose it all during the week, only to have the same thing happen again the next week.

This week I only gained 1.5 over Shabbos. Which means, by the time the week is over, if I stick to my plan all week, I'll have a net loss iyH.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise