Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:55 am
I kept to my food plan over shabbos which was amazing. But it was because I planned for it.
Fri night I had 1 PC challa, salmon, bowl chicken broth, grilled chicken, steamed string beans and cauliflower kugel (made with pureed cauliflower, eggs, and spices). I saved ww points for it.
Shabbos day, I had 1 PC challa, salmon, lots of lettuce and turkey salad, cauliflower kugel.
Snack I had pomegranates, apples, and popcorn.
Supper I had whole wheat matza and eggs.
I maintained my weight over shabbos- didn't gain didn't lose. So that's amazing.

Anyone else find Sunday to be an even bigger challenge than shabbos with all the running around?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 3:06 pm
BH lost 3.4 pounds! Sunday morning is my official weigh in day. Looking forward to this week and hoping to exercise 2 times this week. Thinking maybe I will do a short workout when I get home from work, before my big kids get home from school.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 3:30 pm
This past week was better than all the weeks preceding, although I'm still not happy with my lack on control.

My main focus right now is the following:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner - No carbs

Not to eat after 8PM excluding Shabbos

No white flour or white sugar.

Exercise at least 4 days a week; Walking and swimming.

I was quite successful not eating carbs for dinner, Lost the plot yesterday (someone gave me candy and I was stupidly didn't say no or immediately give it away ). On the bright side, I lost 1lb and did not allow myself to buy any chocolate or Ice cream while shopping for shabbos.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:37 pm
Attended a fiftieth birthday party today. I ate nothing and enjoyed the company
Two cups of coffeee with heavy cream
Rib steak
Salmon and Greek salad for dinner
Keto bun
Square of 86% chocolate.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:37 pm
How are you all doing? Today was not my best day. Tonight iyh I am going to chop up a lot of vegetables and leave them in the fridge drawer for dh and I to take to work. I feel like I am not eating enough vegetables. Today I had

Breakfast: oatmeal with seeds and almond butter and frozen berries. Coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Snack: banana and 3 mandarin oranges.
Snack: 2 BIG spoons almond butter
Lunch: meatless soy meat chili with black beans, salsa, a serving of tortilla chips.
Snack: 110 cal pack of cookies and iced coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Dinner: will be cut veggies and 2 eggs

I took a walk today to get some exercise in.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 8:34 pm
Lunch
Omelette with butter and about 3 ounces of Edam cheese ( I don’t measure but it was probably a half package)

About 4 cups of coffee with heavy cream
Solomon’s beef navel
No exercise. Contemplated walking to vote but ran out of time. Voted later when hub got home with car.

Not enough water for a change. I’ll drink now but a pity because I’ll be in the bathroom all night

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:08 am
I haven't posted in a few days. But I've been following my food plan since shabbos- very proud of myself.
I made some yummy soups- 1 point a container that I keep and warm up when I need something.
I need to get better about water drinking- lately I'm only doing 6 cups or so.
Next comes exercise which really is difficult for me to find the time.

I bought myself a present for being so good- a grill pan so I've been making delicious grilled chicken many suppers.
As a wonderful plus, my kids are doing better at healthy choices also with all the cut up fruit and vegies and soups around the house.
So yay me, yay us!!!!

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:29 am
I am trying again
Yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast, tuna and salad and chickpeas for lunch
Scrambles eggs with milk and sauted onions and peppers in olive oil, shibolik everything ww crackers.
Snacks clementines apple and roasted almonds
Yesterday was a great day for me, better than Sunday. Working on getting this sugar temptation out, and drinking more water.
.planning ahead is important too!
Prepared meatballs for dinner tonight for my family. Cant decide if I should eat them after skimming off fat

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
I am trying again
Yesterday I had oatmeal for breakfast, tuna and salad and chickpeas for lunch
Scrambles eggs with milk and sauted onions and peppers in olive oil, shibolik everything ww crackers.
Snacks clementines apple and roasted almonds
Yesterday was a great day for me, better than Sunday. Working on getting this sugar temptation out, and drinking more water.
.planning ahead is important too!
Prepared meatballs for dinner tonight for my family. Cant decide if I should eat them after skimming off fat

I would not eat fat if I was eating carbs.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 8:17 pm
Breakfast
Omelette with cheese, butter and soy chorizo
Coffee with heavy cream
Dinner
Solomon’s beef navel and yes, I are the fat, prob about 40 oz herbal tea and another 12 of water

pause

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 8:52 pm
I'm still keeping to it.
Had 2 simchos this week. At one I ate only salad and the other nothing. So proud of myself!

One night I did cheat, eating a small bag of potato chips (snack bag) and something else (can't remember), and I saw it on the scale the next day. But overall it's a downward trend BH. Now Shabbos is coming up, and that's my weight loss-killer between munching absentmindedly after the seudah, noshing all afternoon, or indulging in a gourmet melave malka.... I need to stay really committed over Shabbos to see long-term success.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:26 pm
Aside from challah (1 slice) I am still pasta and bread free for 3 weeks. I cancelled Weight Watchers as I found it made me think of food more. I find my appetite has decreased a bit but still struggle with variety. I have "cheated" cause I have had corn chips and justified it by saying it isn't wheat. I am still trying to get in activity. I know it's dancing and not a hardcore bootcamp workout but better than nothing. It's discouraging that I use to lose weight in a week or two and now it is PAINFULLY slow. I can't imagine I need to eat less cause it is already way less than I use to.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:54 am
Weigh day. I had a really good week and I lost 2.6 pounds. Total 5.6 pounds since yom tov. I credit you ladies for keeping me on track and keeping me motivate.
Here's to another great week.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:34 pm
Eggs with cauliflower, cheese and butter
Solomon’s beef navel
Chicken soup with giblets and salt.
A couple handfuls ofTamara almond
1/4 cup guac

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 10:17 am
Friday I ate navel beef and then got dinner had mashed broccoli/cauliflower/chicken/pot roast/chilli and chunky salad. I also ate some almonds and a chocolate coconut custard my husband made.

Saturday the same minus the chili
Dinner last night was navel beef cooked,this time

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 10:43 am
Why isnt anyone posting any more?

pause

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 7:05 pm
I lost it over Shabbos. As much as I know that it's my weak point, somehow it doesn't translate into action. I ate even after my stomach was hurting me. embarrassed Now I'm gonna work all week to go back, only to have the same thing happen again next shabbos and we're back at square one.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 7:24 pm
I'm still here! Shabbos is soo hard for me as well. I do make right food choices but the portion size O DEAR! I guess all the unstructured time is triggering for me. Kiddush at shul... A killer. So the other day I wanted to just give up cause I saw no budging on scale. I guess G-d helps me cause the day I'm like forget it the scales moves just a bit which is so encouraging. I am really trying to remind myself this is a lifestyle change. I reach for almonds ALOT to get me through the panic hunger (of which I don't want to face). I would like to maybe start lifting weights at home. Anyone here do weight lifting videos or other workout videos from home you recommend? I thought I was doing well with my youtube videos but I ended up on a video which was HARDCORE cardio and realize my light sweats may just not be enough. It is hard though to motivate myself to do p90x or other high intensity workout.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 8:14 pm
I'm here. The week was not great food wise. I think I gained a pound. Trying again tomorrow.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:47 am
I’m going to bow out of here. I thought people would actually participate from the enthusiasm at the beginning. This is not good for me sitting here and watching everyone fail. When I got difficulty I keep going. This thread is all about giving up whenyou aren’t ‘perfect.’ And starting over again. One foot after another. Every single day. If you can’t, your food plan isn’t right for you. Make the changes you need to to be able to sustain it. All the best to you all. You can trash me all you like, I won’t be checking in. Those who want to speak with me privately may pine.
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise