Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Today I saw a father spanking his son ,I am in shock

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:39 pm
Today I was waiting for my husband with my baby on a mall's garage...sudenlly I see a father with his family( wife and two daughters) and a 5 years old boy ...the boy was crying and he was screaming telling him to stop, he didnt ...so he start hitting him on the face,the boy was crying even more ..and he continue hitting him...his wife didnt say anything ...I saw the whole scene ,I was in shock I couldnt react ...I was afraid if I would say something he would do something to me...now I fell gilty,bc if I saw and didnt do anything its like I was complicit , I cried my whole way home and prayed to Hashem that the boy wouldnt suffer anymore...WHy the world is so cruel?
Why Hashem makes kids suffer?
Why Hashem makes good people suffer?
I know we cant undertand His ways...but it hurts so much ,I cant take this scene from my head Sad(
I cant do anything about it,I cant save all kids who suffer but tonight I made the decision that MY KIDS I will make sure will grow in a loving home and I will be so much careful no to hurt them (I dont spank them ..but sometimes I hurt them with worlds,I scream...)

WhatFor

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:48 pm
As a technical matter, hitting on the face isn't spanking.

So you saw a child getting physically assaulted by an adult and you cry at home wondering why Hashem allowed it to happen? People have bechira.

Some adults can choose to physically assault innocent children and other adults who see this can choose to do nothing about it, not even report to social services, and go home and blame Hashem. That's why children are abused.

ETA- if you were scared for your own safety, next time video it and report to social services without them knowing. At that point you have their identity and car information.

Redbird

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:59 pm
Maybe it was caught on a surveillance camera? Maybe something can still be done...

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:14 pm
[quoteETA- if you were scared for your own safety, next time video it and report to social services without them knowing. At that point you have their identity and car information)
Yes I was scared ,I was holding my baby And who knows what he was capable of doing!!
And no need to make me feel guilty ...I m already felling without your mean comment!

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:15 pm
AND...how is hitting on the face not spanking?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
AND...how is hitting on the face not spanking?

I visualize spanking with getting clobbered on the rear end. When hit in the face I think of slapping. But I'm sure the words are interchangeable .

crust

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:45 pm
WhatFor wrote:
As a technical matter, hitting on the face isn't spanking.

So you saw a child getting physically assaulted by an adult and you cry at home wondering why Hashem allowed it to happen? People have bechira.

Some adults can choose to physically assault innocent children and other adults who see this can choose to do nothing about it, not even report to social services, and go home and blame Hashem. That's why children are abused.

ETA- if you were scared for your own safety, next time video it and report to social services without them knowing. At that point you have their identity and car information.

Last week I saw a small child (5 yr old maximum) being hit and verbally abused by a woman. I saw her walking towards him with anger and I knew whats coming.
In an attempt to sidetrack her I said "he is so cute"!

She said; "yes but he's testing me (the poor boy stepped out of the straight line she wanted him to walk in) in middle of the street! I'm gonna whip your *** and send you right back to your mother or your father!"

I turned my gaze away while she was mekayem psak my mind racing with ideas what to do.

I did not have my phone on hand to video it. There was no car to take license plate numbers from.

I just want to point out that not everything is in our control.
Before I even had a chance to think what else I can do they were out of sight.

I felt like OP all day and it took time to move on.

Obviously she is a foster parent so I pray that this child should be removed from that place and find a place where he is loved.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics