Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Let's share newborn tips!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:29 am
Tzutzie wrote:

And the MOST IMPORTANT part, TRUST YOUR INSTINCT! Every single time I was right. Every single one.

I kept asking, where is my instinct?! How come I have no clue what to do with this helpless human being?

It came eventually bH. With practice and learning. Wink

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:49 am
tichellady wrote:
Thanks! It is exciting. We had a baby a few months ago and I feel so lucky to be her mom. She’s keeping us busy 😀

Mazel tov!!!!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:55 am
Iymnok wrote:
Amother pewter, ar there no companies that make a goats milk formula?
You can’t be the only one who needs it.

They do make them but they are way more expensive than homemade plus the ingredients aren't very health conscious. They add in canola and soybean refined oils which I won't use. Instead I use extra virgin olive and coconut oils. They add in glucose syrup solids and instead I use a mix of organic turbinado sugar, molasses and maple syrup. Basically, the cans add in all of the vitamins instead of using better ingredients and still it is more expensive. I buy goat milk powder (not cholov yisroel) to have on stock and I have access to fresh goat milk (cholov yisroel so I prefer anyways) where I live that actually comes out cheaper.

I just wish someone would have told me about this option with my other kids! This is what they would use in the olden days to be similar to breastmilk.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:53 am
bsy wrote:
Because most babies do one stretch of 4 to 6 hours. So you want that stretch to be at night. By limiting daytime sleep, you help shift the stretch to nighttime. They also eat more during the day if they're up.

Babies dont have the thing that if theyre up during the day then theyll sleep at night. My baby BH sleeps through night from 5 weeks (8 weeks now) and he sometimes sleeps most of the day too.

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
Babies dont have the thing that if theyre up during the day then theyll sleep at night. My baby BH sleeps through night from 5 weeks (8 weeks now) and he sometimes sleeps most of the day too.

I did not say that babies should be kept up during the day to sleep at night. They most definitely should be napping. But naps should be capped at 2.5 hours to encourage the long stretch of sleep to happen at night. You are very lucky your baby sleeps through the night. Are you nursing or giving formula?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:23 pm
bsy wrote:
Following
I'm trying to get my 6 week old to sleep at night more instead of from 8am to 12pm. I know the obvious advice is to wake them up after 2 hours of daytime sleep. But HOW pray tell do you wake up a newborn and keep them awake?! It just doesnt happen!

Change their diaper
That’s how you wake them up

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
Change their diaper
That’s how you wake them up

Lol. My baby is 6 months old now. I tried that...he slept right through it LOL
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics