Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO store, Flatbush, for first bra for self conscious DD?
1  2  Next

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:02 pm
Where in Flatbush can I take DD for a first bra fitting?

She is super self conscious, and I respect that, as she is overweight as well, which makes it even more difficult for her.

Where can I go?

TY

kenz

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:16 pm
I don't think there's anywhere in Flatbush that's good for a shy teen. I tried several places in BP until I went to Myself, where my girls were comfortable. It's worth the trip.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:19 pm
I have the worst, most traumatic memories of my first time at Saposh, so I'd say, not there

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:28 pm
Can you take her to Nordstrom?

ahuva06

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:30 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I have the worst, most traumatic memories of my first time at Saposh, so I'd say, not there

Me too.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:35 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
Me too.

That is so validating. Thank you so much.

gingertop

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:54 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Oh my. I can't believe I'm not the only one. Saposh was the worst for me and I never really got over what they made me feel like when I was 12 or 13.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:56 pm
gingertop wrote:
Oh my. I can't believe I'm not the only one. Saposh was the worst for me and I never really got over what they made me feel like when I was 12 or 13.

Same!!!!

gingertop

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 1:59 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Same!!!!

I even mentioned it to my therapist at one point and I got all weepy. She said I should write them a letter, even if I don't send. I never did it but maybe I should.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:01 pm
gingertop wrote:
I even mentioned it to my therapist at one point and I got all weepy. She said I should write them a letter, even if I don't send. I never did it but maybe I should.
ll

You should!! I cried and cried while I was there, in the way to car. I cried because I cried, I felt silly for crying.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:58 pm
Just wondering are there any stores that let you take home a few for your daughter and let her try on at home and then return ones that don't fit?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 3:13 pm
pesek zman wrote:
That is so validating. Thank you so much.

It is for me also. I went as a Kallah and was told I have a body of a twelve year old. Just what a Kallah wants to hear. I’m still traumatized twelve years later.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 4:00 pm
Why would a store make fun of a 12 year old's body if they're hoping to sell to her? Why would anyone? That's horrible.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
Just wondering are there any stores that let you take home a few for your daughter and let her try on at home and then return ones that don't fit?

I second myself in Boro Park. They create a positive experience for all ages especially teenagers who can be sensitive to this matter.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 5:36 pm
Op here. I also went there as an overweight teen, I would never ever take my DD there.

Where is myself, and how is this place different, and how and why would a teen feel comfortable there?

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 5:43 pm
I would take her out of the neighborhood. Go to a place like Nordstrom where they will fit her properly and she wont see anyone she knows.

DREAMING

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 7:27 pm
Inspirations in Flatbush

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 7:47 pm
DREAMING wrote:
Inspirations in Flatbush

Where are tgey? Have you gone there with a teen?

DREAMING

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 8:07 pm
Not with a teen but Went there after a bad experience at a diff store. I try to be fitted by the daughter. (It's a mom and daughter though I can't remember her name).

Kings highway.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 9:03 pm
My very overweight daughter is 13. I buy bras for her by the bunches in target
She tries on herself
And I return whatever is no good
I get her underwire and lightly padded. She is very small on top though. If your dd needs a minimizer you can buy on onehanesplace.com
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children