Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Manicure service in mikvah
1  2  Next

manicure service avail in mikvah
nah !no time for that !  
 52%  [ 98 ]
that will be a genuis idea  
 47%  [ 89 ]
Total Votes : 187

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 11:39 am
I was wondering if is a good idea to open such a service ,please answer poll !

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 11:58 am
It has been tried in a few places but people just don't do it, it seems

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 12:09 pm
I'd love it but think the focus at the mikvah would change.

What would be great is a business owner taking the opportunity to open salons right near mikvahs and being open at night. Then again, some people might be uncomfortable being "seen" at such a salon in public.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 12:14 pm
I'm definitely not your target market since I don't ever get manicures. Best of luck though

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 12:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'd love it but think the focus at the mikvah would change.

What would be great is a business owner taking the opportunity to open salons right near mikvahs and being open at night. Then again, some people might be uncomfortable being "seen" at such a salon in public.

That pretty much sums it up. It would make my trip to the mikvah too long if I had a manicure pedicure done there before I dip, and afterwards I'm going home, thanks, not sitting around having polish applied to my nails. If there was a salon open late next door or nearby, you guessed right, I'd be shy to be seen there. I have no problem meeting a friend or someone I know at the mikvah, but you wouldn't catch me sitting in that salon after 5 pm. I always knew it's something I need to be discreet about and I like it that way.

heidi

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 12:34 pm
I actually go for manicures in the evening. I'd love to have such a service at the mikva

Metukah

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:53 pm
Other than Friday night/motze shabbos, I have never dunked more than 10 minutes after nacht. 20 minutes later I'm usually home (made up...).

Why would I want to delay nidda even longer by getting a manicure done?

simba

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 8:00 pm
I am not going to take an extra 30 min after mikva to do my nails. Im running home.. at that point dh wouldn't notice the color of my nails.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
I was wondering if is a good idea to open such a service ,please answer poll !

I would love it in the sense that I would know that I was getting it done
But at that point I just wana be home!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:04 am
I run in, take a shower, dunk, get dressed and leave. I wouldnt literally never think of staying to do anything extra in the mikvah. I just want to get home.
Gosh, I dont even blow my hair if I know my child is already in bed (and I dont cover all the way so they would see my wet hair)

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:55 am
This was tried as a pilot program in one of the mikvaot in our yishuv a number of years ago, and it was not successful - probably for all the reasons cited above.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 2:06 am
amother wrote:
This was tried as a pilot program in one of the mikvaot in our yishuv a number of years ago, and it was not successful - probably for all the reasons cited above.
I wonder if it would have been more successful in a large city where there are all different types of women going to the mikvah.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 2:14 am
I saw an ad from a salon for a nice service. They do the first part of the mani/pedi then give you a card to return the next day for the polish and finishing up.
I think most ladies need to get home. Often as I walk in the door Dh runs out to maariv.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:17 pm
Next suggestion on-site Makeup Artist - so that women can go home looking pretty!!!!

erm

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:21 pm
who has time to worry about wet nails after all the mikva prep? That night is super busy as it is, I would never have time for something extra like a manicure.

miami85

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:03 pm
When I was first married it was winter months that I was going to the mikvah--like 5pm. I went to get a manicure pre-mikvah and I said "no polish"--in truth I'm not a big fan of nail polish b/c no matter what I do it gets messed up and I usually don't have time to sit and wait for it to dry--but even sitting for 30 mins one nail will always get messed up.--and the person who did my nails caught on and she said that if I wanted I could come back "After" or "tomorrow".

Metukah

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 12:00 am
Ruchi wrote:
Next suggestion on-site Makeup Artist - so that women can go home looking pretty!!!!

Off course a woman should go home looking pretty, but why can't she do her own make up?

Besides for Friday nights I always take make up and perfume with me to mikva.

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:44 am
I have the synergy gel manicure, which I have done before the mikvah. Usually 2-3 days before so that it is fresh and perfect for when I tovel without any blemishes. If I had my nails done at the mikvah, I'd have issue re lotions and chatzitzah for stuff that didnt have time to be washed off when done.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 4:50 pm
No way, Renee.
I want to get in, get dunked, get out. Bekoshi I dry my hair and put on chapstick in winter. No way would I spend time getting a manicure.
Besides, it would have to be in two parts: cleaning and filing before dunking and polish after. Wait in line three times? Once for manicure, once for prep room, again for manicure? Huh-uh. And you can be darn sure my nails would be the very last thing dh would notice.

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 4:52 pm
I think an oil change service would be much better. Women mechanics... moms can tell their kids that they are getting their car’s oil changed and mean it! Its a chore that no one has time to do... think about it. How cool?!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics