Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why don't you vax?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Why don't you vax all your children?
Immunocompromised  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Experienced bad vaccine reaction, stopped  
 37%  [ 13 ]
In the scientific /medical field professionally, this is my opinion  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Someone convinced me, I did research, stopped  
 5%  [ 2 ]
All my friends are not  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor health overall, vaccines complicate or worsen  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Auto-immune issues, they don't work  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I think they are bad for you, so why would I?  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I vax everyone except for one child specifically  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I was aware of the debate, did research  
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:49 pm
The anxiety of everyone has escalated to pandemic levels. The emunah & bitachon seems lost amidst all the nervous system overloads. I am curious to learn WHY posters here who don't vaccinate their children dont. Please vote with what's closest to your experience . I want to know what percentage of people who dont are the ones everyon is angry with and what percent hv reasons that the rest of us feel is good enough. Allergies, childhood cancers, autoimmune diseases are all skyrocketing, maybe all of you have a good reason? Or maybe we are right thatit's a bunch of self centered individuals?

trixx

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
The anxiety of everyone has escalated to pandemic levels. The emunah & bitachon seems lost amidst all the nervous system overloads. I am curious to learn WHY posters here who don't vaccinate their children dont. Please vote with what's closest to your experience . I want to know what percentage of people who dont are the ones everyon is angry with and what percent hv reasons that the rest of us feel is good enough. Allergies, childhood cancers, autoimmune diseases are all skyrocketing, maybe all of you have a good reason? Or maybe we are right thatit's a bunch of self centered individuals?

So if you don't agree with someone's reason it makes them self centered?

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 1:11 am
trixx wrote:

It’s self centered to only have your reason in mind and ignore the fact that so many people are being put at risk

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 1:13 am
trixx wrote:

If someone prioritizes their reason over a reason that benefits all of society, then 'self centered' is an apt description of that someone.

Or rather:

If someone chooses their reason, knowing full well that their reason can harm society, then 'self centered' (or perhaps a harsher word) is an apt description of that someone.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 7:28 am
Trixx, I chose to use self centered because it seems to describe how the majority feel without using a word implying anger. Was the most practical word choice I could think of.

Maybe

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:41 pm
Brian Hooker PhD Challenges Lakewood MDs Shanik & Roberts to a civil debate

https://photos.google.com/shar.....HWk5n

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:56 pm
Maybe wrote:
Brian Hooker PhD Challenges Lakewood MDs Shanik & Roberts to a civil debate

https://photos.google.com/shar.....HWk5n

both you and I know it aint gonna happen...

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:50 pm
I read the ingredients on the vaccine insert and I nearly puked. Reading the lists was enough for me to decide to skip vaccines.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:
I read the ingredients on the vaccine insert and I nearly puked. Reading the lists was enough for me to decide to skip vaccines.

To play devils advocate - do you read the ingredients of every food you eat and everything that touches your skin? Like detergents and deodorant and soaps? Some sodas have bromenated vegetable oil and derivatives of gasoline. Food coloring - in Europe and other countries (not the USA) there are warnings about effects the colorings may have on children.
I vaccinate not just for me but the people around me. People who don’t vaccinate for their own beliefs are selfish. If there’s a medical reason not to vaccinate, fine and please don’t. But if you’re doing it for idealistic reasons … stay away from me. And be happy that so many diseases were eradicated before you decided to spread other lethal diseases around.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
To play devils advocate - do you read the ingredients of every food you eat and everything that touches your skin? Like detergents and deodorant and soaps? Some sodas have bromenated vegetable oil and derivatives of gasoline. Food coloring - in Europe and other countries (not the USA) there are warnings about effects the colorings may have on children.
I vaccinate not just for me but the people around me. People who don’t vaccinate for their own beliefs are selfish. If there’s a medical reason not to vaccinate, fine and please don’t. But if you’re doing it for idealistic reasons … stay away from me. And be happy that so many diseases were eradicated before you decided to spread other lethal diseases around.

Oh yeah chicken pox used to kill millions each year,

In the 50s each year 3 to 4 million cases of measles how many deaths ?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:31 pm
Does anyone change their mind from these repetitive debates?!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:47 pm
Because my newphew unfortunately regressed severely at age 3 (after his mother delayed vaccines) from being a talking, walking, social child to a completely autistic, impossible to reach child. The doctor said that although it began pretty soon after his vaccines (there’s video documentation of it all), there’s no “causal relationship” but rather he called it a “freak accident” situation.
Because my youngest brother was vaccinated instead of getting mumps as a child (like his older brothers did) and never gained permanent immunity from actually going through the disease. Unforgivably, he caught the disease when he was an adult, and is now sterile. His doctor said adult mumps vaccines are “in the midst of being researched”. Too late.
Because my previous pediatrician didn’t vaccinate her own children, but threatened to kick me out of her practice if I don’t vaccinate my own.
Because a close friend of mine was offered a settlement for vaccine injury for one of her children, but only if she makes a sworn statement that she will never broach the subject again and will be never publicize her story.
There is more.
In any case, if your child is vaccinated, he’s fine. Do you really care if my child dies of chicken pox?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:51 pm
Please add poll: because I am selfish. Instead of having a kvetchy baby for one day, I will rely on herd immunity and the fact that you vaccinated. Banging head

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Please add poll: because I am selfish. Instead of having a kvetchy baby for one day, I will rely on her immunity and the fact that you vaccinated. Banging head

Seriously? Wow.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Because my newphew unfortunately regressed severely at age 3 (after his mother delayed vaccines) from being a talking, walking, social child to a completely autistic, impossible to reach child. The doctor said that although it began pretty soon after his vaccines (there’s video documentation of it all), there’s no “causal relationship” but rather he called it a “freak accident” situation.
Because my youngest brother was vaccinated instead of getting mumps as a child (like his older brothers did) and never gained permanent immunity from actually going through the disease. Unforgivably, he caught the disease when he was an adult, and is now sterile. His doctor said adult mumps vaccines are “in the midst of being researched”. Too late.
Because my previous pediatrician didn’t vaccinate her own children, but threatened to kick me out of her practice if I don’t vaccinate my own.
Because a close friend of mine was offered a settlement for vaccine injury for one of her children, but only if she makes a sworn statement that she will never broach the subject again and will be never publicize her story.
There is more.
In any case, if your child is vaccinated, he’s fine. Do you really care if my child dies of chicken pox?

Yes I do care if your child dies. And if he does, I hope they put you in jail for child neglect.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:53 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yes I do care if your child dies. And if he does, I hope they put you in jail for child neglect.

Your kid will be fine. What’s the hype about? Other people’s children??

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:

Well of course. Why would anyone care about another child? The children who are beaten and abused and killed by their parents. Who cares about them anyway? They’re not MY children.

This way of thinking is just proof about how selfish anti vaxxers actually are.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
I absolutely read the ingredients on every single thing I bring into my house use beauty and cleaning supplies only with acceptable ingredients including makeup toothpaste dish and laundry detergent soap shampoo and deoderant and can't understand how people feed kids candy and pop. Aside for that, as has been pointed out many times, there is no comparison to toxic substances that are ingested versus those that are injected. And yes, as their mother and supreme authority on the state of their health, I firmly believe my children have ample medical reason not to risk being vaccinated, but unfortunately none of their doctors agree.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:

No. My grandmother who is frail and elderly. My neighbor who is fighting cancer and on chemo. My cousin who has a medical condition. These people have extremely compromised immune systems. Exposing them to measles or pertussis or the chicken pox could kill them.
And my sisters and friends and neighbors who are pregnant. Exposing them can severely damage, hurt, or kill the baby they are carrying. Do you want to take responsibility for someone else's child being born deaf or intellectually disabled or missing limbs?
And finally my baby, your baby, and everyone's babies under 1 and 2 that don't have the ability to fight the disease, to develop immunities, and whom getting the measles could be deadly.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:11 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Well of course. Why would anyone care about another child? The children who are beaten and abused and killed by their parents. Who cares about them anyway? They’re not MY children.

This way of thinking is just proof about how selfish anti vaxxers actually are.

You clearly missed the point. I will explain.

I don’t think your anger, resentment, fear, anxiety, thousands of posts and hours of research about “the non-vaxx community” is so much about the poor children who are being “abused” by the parents (who you believe should be jailed) that love them very much.

I suspect it is one of these two:
1) You are dying to understand it all. It’s different and creating the “other” is more comfortable than having an honest open discussion.
2) You are secretly nervous about giving vaccines. You want to research all the dangers of not vaccinating so you can calm your nerves about vaccinating.

For the record, most of the non-vaxxers are aware of the dangers of not vaccinating and they don’t believe it is without danger. However, they still make a conscious decision that based on their specific circumstances/family history/personal belief they are better off taking the risk of not vaccinating than taking the risk of vaccinating. Both are not without risks. The non-vaxxers do love their children as much as you love yours, but since these kids are theirs, and not yours, you’ll have to allow them to make the decisions, while you make decisions for yours..

Please keep the discussion civil. I understand why people vaccinate, and I understand why people don’t vaccinate.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics