Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why don't you vax?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Why don't you vax all your children?
Immunocompromised  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Experienced bad vaccine reaction, stopped  
 37%  [ 13 ]
In the scientific /medical field professionally, this is my opinion  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Someone convinced me, I did research, stopped  
 5%  [ 2 ]
All my friends are not  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor health overall, vaccines complicate or worsen  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Auto-immune issues, they don't work  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I think they are bad for you, so why would I?  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I vax everyone except for one child specifically  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I was aware of the debate, did research  
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
No I want my child to have the long-term/lifetime immunity like myself. I try to take them to good old fashioned measles & chickenpox parties.

I wish everyone would stop vaccinating , everyone would eve childhood illness. Chronic disease would drop to pre-vaccine levels

How can you be so ridiculous? You do know that it used to be a real tangible fear whether babies would live past infancy?

And if you don't know, please educate yourself before making stupid statements and reckless decisions.

ETA: edited for typo.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
Genuinely curious- do/ did u kids or ppl u know actually get mumps and pox etc. and therefore have immunity as kids or are they not having the vaccine or the illness and therefor have no immunity? Did any of ur kids have complications from these illnesses?

Yes. Both my children, who for the record, I love very much, had whooping cough, chicken pox and mumps. They are both immune forever bH.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Both my children, who for the record, I love very much, had whooping cough, chicken pox and mumps. They are both immune forever bH.

You're conveniently omitting all the dangerous diseases like polio, meningitis etc. The only way you're safe from that is because you're relying on others vaccinating their kids.

The chicken pox vaccine isn't even given in all countries though of course you're harping only on the least dangerous illnesses. Though mumps and whooping cough aren't something to sneeze at. I hope you kept your children under lock and key while they contracted all the illnesses you subjected them to, or you may have caused lifelong impairments to others.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
How can you be so ridiculous? You do know that it used to be a real tangible feature whether babies would live past infancy?

And if you don't know, please educate yourself before making stupid statements and reckless decisions.

Have you educated yourself? Or are you merely blindly trusting the pediatrician?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
Have you educated yourself? Or are you merely blindly trusting the pediatrician?

There's no major education needed in order to know how many babies used to die. It's documented all over. I'm not sure how the paediatrician comes into this.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
To play devils advocate - do you read the ingredients of every food you eat and everything that touches your skin? Like detergents and deodorant and soaps? Some sodas have bromenated vegetable oil and derivatives of gasoline. Food coloring - in Europe and other countries (not the USA) there are warnings about effects the colorings may have on children.
I vaccinate not just for me but the people around me. People who don’t vaccinate for their own beliefs are selfish. If there’s a medical reason not to vaccinate, fine and please don’t. But if you’re doing it for idealistic reasons … stay away from me. And be happy that so many diseases were eradicated before you decided to spread other lethal diseases around.

There are Plenty of people who do read every ingredient before using a product and don’t touch food coloring or soda and for good reason.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
There's no major education needed in order to know how many babies used to die. It's documented all over. I'm not sure how the paediatrician comes into this.

If that's what your education consisted of, I invite you to dig deeper. You'll be surprised at how much hidden info there is, info that's not "documented all over" because those who profit from vaccines want you to remain in the dark.
Would you be interested to explore with an open and undefended mind?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
I’m sorry I didn’t even make it through a page of this thread but this post is so rediculous. So if a child were to ch”v get cancer you wouldn’t give chemo because of all kinds of chemicals etc that you don’t know? Give me a break.
You can’t know every single thing. We’re in 2018 not the dark ages. Why don’t you crack open your phone and see the batteries and mechanicals inside and decide if those are safe to bring into your house? Why don’t you check the structure of your home and the foundation to decide if it’s safe to live in? Sometimes you gotta trust those who are a bit smarter than you=doctors

Cell Phones are not 100 percent safe and they do give off radiation. Many people won’t sleep next to a cell phone or keep it directly next to their body. Many people are also afraid to live in close proximity to a cell phone tower because it may cause cancer. If you suspect a structural problem in your home, of course you should look into it.

hopeafterloss

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:42 am
amother wrote:
If that's what your education consisted of, I invite you to dig deeper. You'll be surprised at how much hidden info there is, info that's not "documented all over" because those who profit from vaccines want you to remain in the dark.

yes, please share!
1. Why did people stop getting, and dying from polio, smallpox,tetanus etc (lets leave mmr and chickenpox out of this for now) if not for vaccines?

2. Lets say more people stop vaccinations and herd immunity is at 50%, would you still not vaccinate your kids from those more 'serious' illnesses?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:22 am
Just 100 years ago....my grandmother's mother gave birth to 10 live children & only 4 reached adulthood.....all died from infant & children's diseases. No need for documents

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:29 am
amother wrote:
I'm quoting your post, but I mean others...
Do you know its a bracha and privelage to vaccinate? come on my facebook page, where parents have immune compromised children & hear in what fear they live. and how some are postponing treatment for their kids or taking breaks, so they can get vaccinated.
Us parents of sick kids live in constant fear of enough things. so many viruses & illnesses that there are no vaccines & we have to be on the alert. add to that all the nonvaxed kids & the loss of herd immunity. anxiety inducing.

A few months ago my child was in the hospital fighting for his life in critical condition. Now I am petrified & locked him under bolt & key because of the antivaxxers. It doesn't help if they are sent home from school because the anti-vaxxers are not locking their children under bolt & key. I am quite sure that if they cant attend school, they are in the grocery shopping w mommy or in the pizza shop eating lunch & pushing their time home.

( what support group do you have? For what type of sick kids)

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:50 am
amother wrote:

My husband actually profits from vaccines. He sells thousands of them every year. Don’t you think if there was some deep, dark secret he would let me in on it and tell me not to vaccinate?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
A few months ago my child was in the hospital fighting for his life in critical condition. Now I am petrified & locked him under bolt & key because of the antivaxxers. It doesn't help if they are sent home from school because the anti-vaxxers are not locking their children under bolt & key. I am quite sure that if they cant attend school, they are in the grocery shopping w mommy or in the pizza shop eating lunch & pushing their time home.

( what support group do you have? For what type of sick kids)

oish Sad. we're also under house aresst. no fun Sad
the fb group I mentioned is specifically for the diagnosis/med of my child.
but in irl I help run a group for mothers of trach kids.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:01 am
amother wrote:
No I want my child to have the long-term/lifetime immunity like myself. I try to take them to good old fashioned measles & chickenpox parties.

I wish everyone would stop vaccinating , everyone would eve childhood illness. Chronic disease would drop to pre-vaccine levels

I know other posters have posted about the idiocy behind this statement, but I just have to do so too - to continue to highlight the thought process behind many anti-vaxxers.

So this anti-vaxxer would prefer to go back in time in the mid 1900s, when 1/5 children died during childhood mostly because of such dangerous diseases. I repeat - ONE out of every FIVE children died. In other words, childhood deaths was something almost everyone was familiar with. In other words, losing a child was almost an expected course of event for every parent.

Is there anything more that's needed to be said????

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:06 am
amother wrote:

Just to clarify, you cannot be immune from whooping cough forever. That's part of the reason we need booster vaccines. It's bacterial so our bodies develop different type of immunity.

momsrus

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
You're conveniently omitting all the dangerous diseases like polio, meningitis etc. The only way you're safe from that is because you're relying on others vaccinating their kids.

The chicken pox vaccine isn't even given in all countries though of course you're harping only on the least dangerous illnesses. Though mumps and whooping cough aren't something to sneeze at. I hope you kept your children under lock and key while they contracted all the illnesses you subjected them to, or you may have caused lifelong impairments to others.

I would love to see an answer to this.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:49 am
Maybe wrote:
All my parents' kids had every childhood disease , so did some of my kids B"H

Polio?
Measles?
Mumps?
Rubella?
Pertussis?
Chicken pox?
Rotavirus?
Diphtheria?
Tetanus (although, not really a disease)
Hep B?
Meningitis?

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m pretty sure hat you, your siblings, and your children have not had EVERY childhood disease....

gamanit

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:19 am
amother violet wrote:

Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote:
And oh! mother that reads this, has there never been in your house a drawer, or a closet, the opening of which has been to you like the opening again of a little grave? Ah! happy mother that you are, if it has not been so.

This was put into Uncle Tom's Cabin as a way to get readers to identify with the story. No, I would not like to go back to the era of losing weak children to childhood illness. I'd a million times rather society as a whole get weaker due to these children living to adulthood.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Just 100 years ago....my grandmother's mother gave birth to 10 live children & only 4 reached adulthood.....all died from infant & children's diseases. No need for documents

Her own mom had typhus,when my gmom was born, when she was herself, at age 43. Her hub went to aron kodesh, and begged Hashem to take away 10 years of his life, & grant it for his wife. She lived another 10 years to the day. He was nifter the night before his town was deported & still got to keviras yisroel. She was 53 when she was nifter. Leaving my gmom an orphan by 10.

And my other grandmoms mom died while giving birth to her second child. My gmom I think was 2 yrs of age & was raised by diff mom.

So whoever wants to go back to live like they did 100 yrs ago....this was realty of life.... ( Also a note to all home birthers who think it's beautiful because that's how it always used to be done)

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:21 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Polio?
Measles?
Mumps?
Rubella?
Pertussis?
Chicken pox?
Rotavirus?
Diphtheria?
Tetanus (although, not really a disease)
Hep B?
Meningitis?

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m pretty sure hat you, your siblings, and your children have not had EVERY childhood disease....

Please educate yourself of what is a typical childhood disease. (hint-Hep B is not!)
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics