Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why don't you vax?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Why don't you vax all your children?
Immunocompromised  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Experienced bad vaccine reaction, stopped  
 37%  [ 13 ]
In the scientific /medical field professionally, this is my opinion  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Someone convinced me, I did research, stopped  
 5%  [ 2 ]
All my friends are not  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor health overall, vaccines complicate or worsen  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Auto-immune issues, they don't work  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I think they are bad for you, so why would I?  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I vax everyone except for one child specifically  
 2%  [ 1 ]
I was aware of the debate, did research  
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:
Her own mom had typhus,when my gmom was born, when she was herself, at age 43. Her hub went to aron kodesh, and begged Hashem to take away 10 years of his life, & grant it for his wife. She lived another 10 years to the day. He was nifter the night before his town was deported & still got to keviras yisroel. She was 53 when she was nifter. Leaving my gmom an orphan by 10.

And my other grandmoms mom died while giving birth to her second child. My gmom I think was 2 yrs of age & was raised by diff mom.

So whoever wants to go back to live like they did 100 yrs ago....this was realty of life.... ( Also a note to all home birthers who think it's beautiful because that's how it always used to be done)

Are you vaccinated for typhus? arent you afraid? perhaps the same reason why your grandmother got typhus your other grandma died too? (hygiene)
also, pretty cool to lump together home-birth with vaccines.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
Are you vaccinated for typhus? arent you afraid? perhaps the same reason why your grandmother got typhus your other grandma died too? (hygiene)
also, pretty cool to lump together home-birth with vaccines.

The naturalist go strong on all together...no vaccines. No antibiotics. No dr for birthing.
It's all one bad to bite in kugel by these extremists. Going natural has it's place but everything in moderation. If only hygiene is the prob? Today we have running water, antibacterial soaps, so how come measles is still spreading now even if we have more hygienic resources available than they did in those times.....we see how fast contagious diseases spread from one person to other r"l , & if the majority wouldn't be immunized then when one person got sick the entire community would ch"v. Typhus was rampant & killed many because it spread from one to next....especially where they lived in close quarters, but maybe if they would've had some vaccine or something else to stop it...it would save many lives.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:26 pm
Today even antibacterial soaps they came up with brings cancer.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Both my children, who for the record, I love very much, had whooping cough, chicken pox and mumps. They are both immune forever bH.

It’s not so simple.

Measles vaccine prevents carrying it. If some has the measles they can still carry it.

I’ve understood whooping cough immunity has only 7 year immunity. And who would want their child to suffer through whooping cough?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:31 pm
Also mumps in boys can make them sterile later.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
The naturalist go strong on all together...no vaccines. No antibiotics. No dr for birthing.
It's all one bad to bite in kugel by these extremists. Going natural has it's place but everything in moderation. If only hygiene is the prob? Today we have running water, antibacterial soaps, so how come measles is still spreading now even if we have more hygienic resources available than they did in those times.....we see how fast contagious diseases spread from one person to other r"l , & if the majority wouldn't be immunized then when one person got sick the entire community would ch"v. Typhus was rampant & killed many because it spread from one to next....especially where they lived in close quarters, but maybe if they would've had some vaccine or something else to stop it...it would save many lives.

Wow. Just wow. And please educate yourself on how typhus spreads as well.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:34 pm
Rubella can be just a passing cold which you don't even know you have it.....but if you have this minor cold while being pregnant the baby could be born with deafness or blindness.....or other birth defects. The people that carry it are the ones that not vaxxed & they can then pass it to a preg woman who can't get the shot at that time.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
Also mumps in boys can make them sterile later.

True. Thats why it is preferred that they get it earlier on.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:

That's why its preferred they don't get it at all.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:45 pm
amother wrote:
Please educate yourself of what is a typical childhood disease. (hint-Hep B is not!)

They are not typical childhood diseases because of vaccines. You’re right, I should not have included hep b.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Both my children, who for the record, I love very much, had whooping cough, chicken pox and mumps. They are both immune forever bH.

OmG. Boys with mumps had fertility issues

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:22 pm
For the poster that said those diseases from olden times would prevent getting cancer if children would have those diseases as it would build their immunity for bigger stuff....there was some trial they wanted to do now on a child I knew to extract the polio disease itself & use it to kill the tumor....but unfortunately this little girl.....who was so sweet didn't make it to that trial

hopeafterloss

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:30 pm
hopeafterloss wrote:
yes, please share!
1. Why did people stop getting, and dying from polio, smallpox,tetanus etc (lets leave mmr and chickenpox out of this for now) if not for vaccines?

2. Lets say more people stop vaccinations and herd immunity is at 50%, would you still not vaccinate your kids from those more 'serious' illnesses?

So far no anti-vaxxers have answered this very logical, reasonable question. I wonder why?
Yes, I am open to hear about vaccinations, but no one has ever said anything logical to me. The only thing I've heard are:

- I did my own cost/benefit analysis and concluded that I know better than all the doctors, researchers, health professionals out there (even though I was never even trained how to analyze data, what constitutes a proper study etc. )

- Someone I know got sick from a vaccine. Correct, nobody says vaccines have no side effects, just that it is safer than the alternative.

-Conspiracy theories

So please, please enlighten me to a logical explanation!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:50 pm
hopeafterloss wrote:
So far no anti-vaxxers have answered this very logical, reasonable question. I wonder why?
Yes, I am open to hear about vaccinations, but no one has ever said anything logical to me. The only thing I've heard are:

- I did my own cost/benefit analysis and concluded that I know better than all the doctors, researchers, health professionals out there (even though I was never even trained how to analyze data, what constitutes a proper study etc. )

- Someone I know got sick from a vaccine. Correct, nobody says vaccines have no side effects, just that it is safer than the alternative.

-Conspiracy theories

So please, please enlighten me to a logical explanation!

You forgot to mention "This just feels right for us."

Because all medical science should be based on a persons feelings. Rolling Eyes

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:

So you have a huge pressure to make sure males get sick with mumps! No thanks

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
For the poster that said those diseases from olden times would prevent getting cancer if children would have those diseases as it would build their immunity for bigger stuff....there was some trial they wanted to do now on a child I knew to extract the polio disease itself & use it to kill the tumor....but unfortunately this little girl.....who was so sweet didn't make it to that trial

CONT.
So I don't know if polio has healing properties....it seems that it has more killing power- on healthy ind it kills healthy functions like feet etc & on cancerous tumors can maybe kill that....they didn't get to test their theory on this little girl as their lab rat. She s a better place already....this sweet neshama'la that I have encountered many times in the hospital.

hopeafterloss

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:46 pm
Just saw online, first measles death of the current outbeak in Israel. 18 month old baby. unvaccinated.... enough said.

Chazak613

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:08 pm
Rachmona Litzlon a child was niftar here in Yerushalayim from measles. This is not a joke. We don't remember people becoming crippled and dieing from these diseases, but they kill.

Child Dies from Measles in Yerushalayim
By Hamodia Staff
Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:26 pm | כ"ג חשון תשע"טUpdated Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:00 pm
YERUSHALAYIM -
An 18-month-old infant died from measles on Thursday in Yerushalayim.

The child was rushed to Shaarei Tzedek Hospital on Thursday afternoon after losing consciousness. It was not breathing and had no pulse upon arrival at the hospital. Resuscitation efforts failed to save the child’s life, and doctors confirmed that the death was from measles.

In light of the fact that the baby was reportedly not vaccinated against the disease, the Ministry of Health again urged parents to have their children vaccinated as soon as possible.

According to official statistics, approximately 900 cases of measles have been reported in the country. Around 60 percent of those infected are residents of Yerushalayim from the chareidi sector, many of whom are not vaccinated, according to a report on Arutz Sheva.

The Ministry of Health has said it will be sending out special mobile vaccination units to those high-risk neighborhoods to perform the vaccinations and stem the spread of the disease.

Moshe Bar Siman-Tov, the director-general of the Health Ministry, warned of sterner measures if necessary:

Health officials “don’t want to start talking about sanctions, but if we see a danger to the population because of people who won’t vaccinate, then we will look into the possibility that such a child will not be allowed to go to school,” Siman-Tov told Hadashot news on Thursday.

The move is not intended as a punishment, he emphasized, “but in order to protect the other children in the school.”

Prof. Shai Ashkenazi, director of the Israeli Pediatric Society, said that measles “was on the cusp of extinction, but because of a decline in vaccination has made a big comeback. In Europe, too, in the first half of 2018 there were more than 41,000 incidents of infection with at least 37 deaths.”

He favors passage of a law to require vaccination.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
Just 100 years ago....my grandmother's mother gave birth to 10 live children & only 4 reached adulthood.....all died from infant & children's diseases. No need for documents

But without documentation how am I supposed to believe you? Anyone can say anything, and without evidence anything goes....
Can you provide us with the death certificates? That should at least state their ages at death. Then I might consider believing your statements.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
But without documentation how am I supposed to believe you? Anyone can say anything, and without evidence anything goes....
Can you provide us with the death certificates? That should at least state their ages at death. Then I might consider believing your statements.

Really??? Do you want death certificates from all the people who died during WWI and WWII, to believe their stories? Do you want the medical documents of all the paralyzed polio patients to believe their stories too? Do you think her grandmother concocted the stories of losing two children because it brought her immense pleasure? And is her story so different from previous generations' troubles, that you have even a straw to grasp on to question her claim??

And seriously, are the Global archives (CDC, WHO) and documented world history not enough documentation for you?

This comment is perfectly in line with the reputation of the anti-vaxxers.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics