Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is bnos Yakov similar to Bais Yakov (lakewood)?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 1:01 am
Asking about bnos yakov elementary and Bais yakov high school.
In terms of crowd, "spirit" so to speak, level of yeshivishness, need to conform etc? I have a better or clearer understanding of Bais yakov school, and thought I knew enough about bnos yakov as well but I'm now doubting myself. I want to check by comparing the two if it's possible.

Thanks!

L K

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 12:30 pm
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 1:07 pm
I don’t think so, not specifically. Not that the same person can’t fit in well to both.

These days most Bnos Yaakov girls go to oros.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 10:52 am
I think trying to compare a high school to an elementary school is not going to work very well.

I don't think there's a single elementary school that feeds directly into Bais Yaakov, if that's what you are asking. Probably BY gets most girls from BF, because number wise, BF is the biggest. But that's not to say it's like Bais Faiga, even though alot of students come from BF to BY.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 5:30 pm
What can you guys tell about bais Yaakov hs?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 6:52 pm
This is my impression - I went to bais kaila thou so not 1st hand.
A lot of parent body are mechanchim. Some balatatish/yeshivish types also. Pretty academic. Similar to oros except maybe a bit more pear pressure. Parent body is much older overall in bais yaakov..

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
This is my impression - I went to bais kaila thou so not 1st hand.
A lot of parent body are mechanchim. Some balatatish/yeshivish types also. Pretty academic. Similar to oros except maybe a bit more pear pressure. Parent body is much older overall in bais yaakov..

Is it yeshivish but Diff yeshivish than bais shaindel or maon?

ETA:
Since you mentioned it’s similar to oros, is oros also yeshivish&balebatish?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:46 pm
What's moen?
I think there is less of a balabatish vibe in oros . Less of the designer clothes and bags ...

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
What's moen?
I think there is less of a balabatish vibe in oros . Less of the designer clothes and bags ...

Maon/meon is hs affiliates with Bnos melech on James.

You mean by is yeshivish *and* balebatish?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 10:24 pm
Sorry never heard of that high school. I would assume extremely right wing if associated with bnos melech
The babalatish yeshivish combo are people who are Frum and wealthy and care a lot about dressing very well and wearing designer. As far as I know there is more of that in BY than oros.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Is it yeshivish but Diff yeshivish than bais shaindel or maon?

ETA:
Since you mentioned it’s similar to oros, is oros also yeshivish&balebatish?

Yes, overall the tone of Meon and Bais Shaindel are more RW than BY, though as in many schools in Lakewood, there is plenty of overlap (IOW, plenty of girls could, for example, fit in to either BY or BS.)

debsey

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 3:24 pm
I don't know that Bnos Yaakov necessarily sends to Oros. It feels like there are Bnos Yaakov girls spread out in all the HSs of Lakewood, for sure there are a few in Meon, one or two in Bais Shaindel (bec it's almost impossible to get in), some in Bais Kailah, some in Oros, some in Shiras Devorah and some in BY. I think that's actually an indication of a healthy school, that the girls end up in all types of high schools.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 8:20 pm
My dd's go/went to Bnos Yaakov and a high percentage of their classmates go to Bais Yaakov. I don't know exact numbers, but I would say about 35-40% go to Bais Yaakov and the rest are spread out in other schools. Bais Kaila, Oros, Bnos Bais Yaakov, Shiras Devorah. Very few go to Bais Shaindel and I think one of my dds had one classmate who went to Meon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics