Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ISO play tharapist in Brooklyn

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 9:57 pm
I'm looking for a play therapist for Ds (8).
Should be highly recommended and have a doctorate degree in psychology.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 11:35 pm
I know that Perel Abromowitz trains play therapists. I'm not sure though if she does play therapy too. Good luck!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:15 am
Dr Chaim winter

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:02 am
amother wrote:
I know that Perel Abromowitz trains play therapists. I'm not sure though if she does play therapy too. Good luck!

To be clear, I'm looking for a psychologist who uses play therapy during sessions. Not a socal worker or teacher who "does play therapy". Thank you for taking the time to answer my post though.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:28 am
Silvia Madison! Hand down she’s the best! She trains therapists at this point too!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
Silvia Madison! Hand down she’s the best! She trains therapists at this point too!

Thank you, I can't find any info on her online. Can you tell me more about her? What population does she work with? Is she a Dr? Where is her practice? How had she helped you?

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:48 am
Most therapists who see children will use games and toys to get them to feel comfortable. My sons therapist who sees all ages and uses different methods for different kids has a Wii, an air hockey table, nerf guns etc. I dont think you have to be so narrowly focused on play therapists only.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 11:40 am
Im open to any child psychologist actually but DS is very defended so I think toys games will be the most effective method with him. I'm pretty sure any whiff of talk therapy will shut him down.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 11:43 am
Oh totally. I picked my son up last week from his session and they were playing Uno. I think its pretty common.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, I can't find any info on her online. Can you tell me more about her? What population does she work with? Is she a Dr? Where is her practice? How had she helped you?

My friend whose daughter used her for years recommended her. She’s not Jewish but works with the Jewish population for years and understands the way we do things. She has helped kids with anxiety, divorce homes and overall teaches kids how to express their feelings. You can reach her at 9176899107
Good luck

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:47 am
https://center4playtherapy.com

David Schatzkamer is probably one of the few RPT (registered play therapist) in brooklyn who practices true play therapy.

He brilliantly trains parents in dealing with the children and trains parents to use the therapy.

His work is beyond beyond beyond
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)