Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
In Need of Work at Home Job Badly-Full or Part Time
Previous  1  2  3  Next

serenity8843

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:50 pm
amother wrote:
They pay $15 an hour, and there is no growth potential. They also impose a per hour quota of work to fulfill.

Do you have experience working for them?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:52 pm
watergirl wrote:
Amazon and Apple often hire work from home positions fo customer support, they provide the training. Not sure what the pay is. VIP Kids pay goes up to $22/hour and there are opportunities to earn more, people seem to like that company.

I'm not op, but this is something I'd be interested in. How do I go about getting this job? What are the contacts?info?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:54 pm
The job you are looking for almost doesn't exist and if it does you need skills and training. Aside from my full time job outside the home, I have a side job where I work about 15 hours a month doing bookkeeping for somone from my house. I am paid $22 an hour for it and I have an accounting degree and 7 years of experience. I doubt he would have hired me at that rate with no experience or training.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:58 pm
serenity8843 wrote:
Do you have experience working for them?

No, I was interviewed by them.

Edited to add the job is only for four months out of the year, 3 hours a day.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:00 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not op, but this is something I'd be interested in. How do I go about getting this job? What are the contacts?info?

Google "Amazon work from home" or "Apple work from home" and you will see links for these jobs. They are always hiring. You need a dedicated phone line, internet with a specific speed, a dedicated room with a door that closes, and an ergonomic chair. There are other requirements as well, you can read about it on their websites.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:03 pm
For what its worth, I was helping my boss hire a bookkeeper and office admin. He was looking for a specific number of hours a week and the job needed to be in the office. I was specific when I was posting on job boards and facebook/whatsapp for the job with the pay and the location requirement. I cant tell you how many people messaged me with "I am interested but I need to make x/hour and I can only work from home because I have kids at home".

Not saying this is the case with OP, but in general, people who hire workers and allow remote work need the the employees to have their time dedicated and uninterrupted by kids, dinner, laundry, etc. So when an employer hears that the potential hire needs to be able to work from home, unless the job is specifically meant for that, its usually a turn off.

OP, hatzlacha!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
The job you are looking for almost doesn't exist and if it does you need skills and training. Aside from my full time job outside the home, I have a side job where I work about 15 hours a month doing bookkeeping for somone from my house. I am paid $22 an hour for it and I have an accounting degree and 7 years of experience. I doubt he would have hired me at that rate with no experience or training.

I have an accounting degree with bookkeeping experience, and am looking to work from home. May I ask how you found this job? Thanks

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:24 pm
No one will pay you $25 to work from home!!! You would have to start your own business and be very good at it to earn that!
If you can have the luxury of staying home and earning $15 that is considered very, very good for a stay at home job.
You should take something like that if you must stay home and work. Who knows?? If you are very good at it, you might get a better job later on that pays more.
Just because you are not earning a lot on eBay doesn’t mean you aren’t earning anything... every little bit helps...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
I have an accounting degree with bookkeeping experience, and am looking to work from home. May I ask how you found this job? Thanks

Ad in a local paper. These jobs are very few and far between.

perquacky

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:42 pm
Artsy, what type of work have you done in the past? That might help us figure out what you're qualified for.

Busy as a bee

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:56 pm
OP you can look at some remote jobs here - https://weworkremotely.com/

All different types - mostly customer support and design. I don't know what each one is looking to pay but it's worth a look.

carnation

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 2:07 pm
I know someone who is earning over $100 an hour by giving simcha dancing classes each evening. If you're good at it, it's quite easy.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 2:17 pm
To make a good salary working from home, you either have to run a successful business, or build a reputation in your field by working out of the home first. My supervisor works from home. Her role is where people with my role tend to eventually end up, so she's basically doing the same thing I'm doing except at a more senior level. But I have to come into the office, because I am relatively new to the field. I need to pay my dues at the office now, show them my value and what I can do, and then I might be able to negotiate working remotely. I would never have been able to get remote work doing what I do from the start, even though what I do can definitely be done remotely. Also, my supervisor still needs childcare. She cannot do her job with a toddler running around or a baby on her lap. Not having to commute is obviously great for her, but it didn't get her out of needing childcare.

mille

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:17 pm
Also keep in mind that for many jobs, especially corporate companies like Amazon, working from home is NOT a replacement for childcare. You will be expected to actually work 100% of the time during your shift other than breaks. That means when your kid needs help on the potty, or it's baby's naptime, or you hear a crash down in the basement... Well, I hope you have a babysitter. Because you are supposed to be working. Having a job that pays well and allows you to tend to your children as much as you want/need working from home doesn't really exist, for good reason. Why should a company pay you $25/hr for you to take care of your kids?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:36 pm
Op, would it make sense for you to sell something from home?

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:54 pm
Check out indeed.com and type in work from home or work remote- lots of things pop up...

justforfun87

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:12 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I pay a woman who works from home to Photoshop my newborn images. I pay about $3 per image. It probably takes her approximately 10 minutes each, plus admin time to count the images, bill me, etc. I pay her more per image if the baby has very flakey skin, lots of acne, etc.

Obviously, skill is required. If you're good at this, I know a lot of newborn photographers seeking reliable editors.

I can't get over this! I never knew this existed. Do you know how to edit but don't have the time or you see it as two different art forms?

Newly_Married

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 5:44 am
I’ve been working with VIPKID since July of 2018, and I’m really happy with my job. It’s flexible and it pays well. You can email me with any questions you may have about it- bat7web@gmail.com.

If interested, you can apply through this link.
https://t.vipkid.com.cn/mkt/la.....13358

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:16 am
justforfun87 wrote:
I can't get over this! I never knew this existed. Do you know how to edit but don't have the time or you see it as two different art forms?

Yes, I know how to edit, but I'm too pressed for time to edit all my sessions in a timely manner!

I actually showed her how to edit to my style; however her work was pretty good before I showed her what I wanted.

I sent her two 10 minute videos as training.

She charges more for twin sessions, so I'm debating sending her a gallery of twins I just shot, or doing it myself😊

If you have the skills to do this, it can be worthwhile.
I can't even respond to an email with my 5 year old nearby, but there are some people who can do this with kids around.

anonimom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 8:17 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I pay a woman who works from home to Photoshop my newborn images. I pay about $3 per image. It probably takes her approximately 10 minutes each, plus admin time to count the images, bill me, etc. I pay her more per image if the baby has very flakey skin, lots of acne, etc.

Obviously, skill is required. If you're good at this, I know a lot of newborn photographers seeking reliable editors.
Where can I find jobs like this? I know how to edit photos.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers