Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I need furniture for a boys/guest room

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:31 am
My big son sleeps in a room alone with mismatched furniture
We also want to use this room as a guest room sometimes and he will move out when necessary
My son is a new bar mitzvah boy a wans to have all his new seforim on display in his room. This won’t work if it’s also a guest room.
Looking for suggestions to turn this room into a boy and guest room.

mom!

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:51 am
A day bed is always a nice option. A bookcase with a matching set of drawers/desk is great. Invest in a kosher lamp-best thing to have as a guest.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 11:09 am
Get two neutral style beds with headboards. Good mattresses and larger beds are appreciated too, if you can. Pull out beds are pretty annoying. The wheels move even when locked, so I wouldn't advise them. Linen can be swapped, so one set can be reserved for guests only. Also, I'd get waterproof mattress covers, they make non krinkly ones these days. When I stay in a kids room, I check for them. It grosses me out to have urine/dirt on the mattress.

When we have to stay in my single bil's room, my mil is always busy putting up sheets over the bookshelves. Its always awkward. For the sefarim, I would get a matching bookcase with doors, so you won't have the issue of having to cover it up for guests. You can look into wardrobes like the pax on from ikea, you can easily use that for sefarim and it can go with many room decors. The mirror door is also a plus for a guest room.

As for the rest of décor, let him keep some stuff out if he wants, but make it easy to put away when the room is needed for guests. I know I would prefer not to sleep in a room with trophies, awards and projects laying around.

If you have enough space, a few empty drawers is useful too. You wont have to move things around each time you host, and your guest will be happy to have a place to unpack.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:10 pm
Decorum in a room is complicated.
Maybe get shelves that have doors, like an armoir with shelves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics