Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Notice to Cure 30 days before eviction

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:32 pm
I made numerous complaints to management about an employee who still harasses me. Management claims that everything I said was a lie and that I violated my Lease Agreement and sent me a 30 Day Notice to Cure. Exploding anger
Should I have my attorney write a letter or will this make it worse?

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:42 pm
Are you the same poster who posted a few times about the super who is stalking you?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:30 pm
Yes. Why? How does that answer my question?

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:32 pm
It doesnt. But now knowing more about your story, others can perhaps provide the best replies.

simba

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:38 pm
Maybe it's a good thing. Why would you want to live somewhere that you are being stalked..let them evict you. It is 6 months free rent for you.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:44 pm
I have to disagree. You need to move on your own. If you get an eviction it goes on your credit and you will have difficulty finding a new rental. You will have a judgment against you any time a background check is run. Dont do it. Its not worth it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:49 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have to disagree. You need to move on your own. If you get an eviction it goes on your credit and you will have difficulty finding a new rental. You will have a judgment against you any time a background check is run. Dont do it. Its not worth it.

I got evicted because of non- payment. Landlord didn't clean the appartment after a flood. I withheld rent in escrow.

It never went on my credit and I got over a year free rent.

Anyway, OP has an attorney. Go to him for legal advice. Why is she asking posters?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
OP has an attorney. Go to him for legal advice. Why is she asking posters?

This

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
I made numerous complaints to management about an employee who still harasses me. Management claims that everything I said was a lie and that I violated my Lease Agreement and sent me a 30 Day Notice to Cure. Exploding anger
Should I have my attorney write a letter or will this make it worse?

How do they anticipate that you cure?

Yes, see your attorney. But the fact is that you want out of this apartment, and the management wants you out. It sounds like there's a reasonable settlement for both of you.

Good luck.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:40 pm
There is so much misinformation regarding the be-all and end-all of credit reports.
We all believe that if something does not show on the credit report, we are clean.
In today's age of internet and freedom of information, please be aware every single court case and judgement is linked to your name and easily viewed with a small fee to a credit check agency.
Or if you are tech savvy , you can view for free.
If your landlord starts a judgement on your name, the courts never delete that record. It will ALWAYS be connected to your name.
Years ago to view those records, you would have been required to go down to each individual court and search their records. Today all the data is online and easily searchable.
Banks do not only check credit reports. They also check court records

Amarante

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:27 pm
Amother Slateblue is correct. Your credit report would not typically contain court cases but a landlord does have access to those kinds of things and many would search them.

As I recall there is a service that tracks evictions and disputes with landlords which a landlord can access to check on a prospective tenant and choose not to rent to that person. In effect it's a blackball list.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 5:13 pm
Good news! We found a way to solve the problem with our super. We hung up a sign in our living room that says "Welcome DJ" (not his real name). Anyway, he's not supposed to be in our apartment. But all the problems with the super stopped when we hung up the sign in our living room.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
Good news! We found a way to solve the problem with our super. We hung up a sign in our living room that says "Welcome DJ" (not his real name). Anyway, he's not supposed to be in our apartment. But all the problems with the super stopped when we hung up the sign in our living room.
So they're not evicting you? BH

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:

I don't understand this.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
I don't understand this.

The super is clearly mentally ill. He has managed to unscrew the bottom lock and somehow open the top lock no matter how many different locks we have tried. We hung up a sign in our living room saying "Welcome DJ" (not his real name). This makes him feel good so even though he can break into our apartment, he is no longer stealing anything.

amother wrote:
So they're not evicting you? BH

We are not going to get evicted now that we made peace with our evil super. Not evil. Psychopath with feelings for me. I still live in fear, but he's not breaking things in our apartment and not stealing things and not following me to the laundry room.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
We are not going to get evicted now that we made peace with our evil super.

Why don’t you want to move?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
Why don’t you want to move?

Long story. I wish I could.

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 8:57 pm
YOU are taking this so easy. R u not afraid of harassment, rape god forbid or other violent physical contact?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:06 am
I guess I'm extremely lucky that my super values his job. He is very smart and knows exactly what will get him fired and what won't. He has tried to stand close to me on two or three occasions but nothing more. Even if there are other people around, they wouldn't realize that anything was wrong. He is an evil genius.

So far he has only been violent to my personal possessions inside my apartment and only while I was at work. When I tell the police that stuff was broken, they say my kids did it and refuse to investigate further.

I'm thinking of putting up a new sign next week to keep him happy. What would you suggest?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries