Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you seen hasgacha pratit in your life?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:47 am
I have. It's not a profound miracle that would convince an atheist to believe in Gd, but there was a time in my life where I really prayed to Gd for help and received help and I personally believe that it was Gd directly intervening.

Have you experienced an event that you believe was hasgacha pratit? You can write the story, or if it's too personal just write "yes, happened to me" or "no, didn't happen to me".

devash1

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:51 am
Don't have time to write a full story now but I can say yes many many times!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:05 am
Absolutely yes. I'm anonymous because, really, it does happen all the time. The only question is whether you can see it. And that sounds like "boasting".

That's what I think anyway.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:19 am
Baruch Hashem I see it often - I also don't want to seem as though I'm boasting (but I'm so grateful for these moments!)

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:22 am
Definitely seen it!
I'll share one story.
We were a kollel couple living away from home- near dh yeshiva. No support and tight on kollel checks. Looking back I really don't know how we covered each month....
One month it so happened that we sat down to do some calculations- and put aside $250 for maaser. Was a lump sum- and very hard to do! We desperately needed the money. We just decided that it's something we need to do.

The very next day! A friend of my DH calls him aside and handed him an envelope with $500 ! Double of what we gave. Out of the blue. A gift from this guys father for their friendship?!?!? To us this was so unbelievable- and so open and clear. We got back double. Plus the gift of 'יד ה'

tf

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:15 am
amother wrote:
Absolutely yes. I'm anonymous because, really, it does happen all the time. The only question is whether you can see it. And that sounds like "boasting".

That's what I think anyway.

ABSOLUTELY. Same here. ALL the time

blessedjmom

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:35 am
I will say, that if you keep your eyes open- and think in that way. You WILL see it.

Will add quality to your life Smile

A good idea is to make it a priority to share a hashgacha story a day at dinner- and suddenly they're in your face!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:50 am
Many, many times. We have a hashgacha pratis mivtza in our family where kids get prizes for sharing stories of hashgacha pratis. It teaches them to look out for Hashem's involvement in their lives.

too tired

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:11 am
Yes happened to me!

groisamomma

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:23 am
I love the idea of involving the kids in this! In the younger grades they get a notebook from their teacher at the start of the school year and get prizes for every story they put in. I would love to introduce that in my house. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at acknowledging when it does happen (and it does!), but dh is always pointing it out. I think that's why he lives a mostly worry-free life while I don't sleep at night.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:27 am
See adding to what I said before - it IS HAPPENING. Every moment of every day. So there is no "when it happens" or "if it happens".

It just is. Always.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:33 am
amother wrote:
I have. It's not a profound miracle that would convince an atheist to believe in Gd, but there was a time in my life where I really prayed to Gd for help and received help and I personally believe that it was Gd directly intervening.

Have you experienced an event that you believe was hasgacha pratit? You can write the story, or if it's too personal just write "yes, happened to me" or "no, didn't happen to me".

No.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:48 am
I'm a "story" like I used to read and c'v have doubts about.
I met rebbetzin Jungreis in a restaurant quite far from my home. I was there because my MIL was in Paris and invited us for our anniversary. Suddenly Esther Jungreis enters I just couldn't believe it lol as I'm a biggggg fan.
I went to talk to her and told her I'd be trying to have my second child for years incl. pills and stuff though I had quit because I was fed up with it. She gave me a bracha that G-d willing I'd have many many children. I had my son exactly 9 months after though I didn't believe it would work "for me" - with no treatment of any kind. And since then you can see my sig, babies are happening lol (kah tfu tfu tfu)

If my MIL hadn't been in Paris at the same time as Jungreis
If we chose or there was no place in that restaurant
If we left earlier or came later
If I was too impressed to go talk to her
If I just said hello and didn't tell her what I really wanted

I've had other stories but this is the bigger one!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:59 am
I'm wondering, does hashgacha pratis happen to non Jews as well? Meaning a gentile needs something and has no idea where it will come from and suddenly the situation just resolves itself. Does this happen to them just as much?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 8:09 am
Well, truthfully hashem is always directly intervening in our lives, at least that's what I thought we are supposed to believe. But, are u asking if I see the hashgacha pratis? Well, sometimes I see it like when my boss was cruel, wanted to ruin me, and hashem sent me another boss who was a drop more humane so my job was saved(as I rely on it for bills). However, wat I'd rather have is my dh having better "luck" with parnassa so that I could leave my job.

Interesting that some ppl posted here stories that I believe are outright miracles(like getting the $500 or having a baby bec a rebbetzin said so) which although its literally "hashem intervening", I thought hachgacha pratis is hashem intervening in a way according to nature and we actually see it (bec usually we don't see the good).

Curious how u define it as posters above said they have a hashgacha pratis contests but how would kids find these stories if a kid goes to school and gets bullied or feels unsuccessful...or if a woman doesn't have children after all these yrs and is 50 and was blessed by rabbis... unlike that miraculous story above.

Is it that common for kids to see hashkacha pratis stories everyday?? I'd love to teach my kids to "see it" but usually I'm telling them and myself its gam zu ltova even though most of my life I dont "see" the hashkacha pratis but I do believe it, I do believe hashem is directly intervening in my life.

erm

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:36 am
groisamomma wrote:
I love the idea of involving the kids in this! In the younger grades they get a notebook from their teacher at the start of the school year and get prizes for every story they put in. I would love to introduce that in my house. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at acknowledging when it does happen (and it does!), but dh is always pointing it out. I think that's why he lives a mostly worry-free life while I don't sleep at night.

We started a hashgacha pratis activity in our home. Every friday night, at the shabbos table, the kids each say something that happened to them during the week where they saw hashgachah pratis happen to them. It makes their whole week tuned into the special moments Hashem bestows on us that we take for granted. They get a special shabbos treat as a reward.

boysrus

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:43 am
very often BH.
sometimes little things
other times big things

you just have to look for it, and you will see it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:51 am
Just yesterday I was on the phone with DH discussing that I'll start looking for a job. DH told me "go type up your resume and we will take it from there ". I hung up, went to the computer , typed in the first sentence on my resume and suddenly I received a WhatsApp message from a former coworker who I haven't spoken to in months. She asked "what's doing on your end with a job. Are you interested in working ? So and so just privately emailed me that he is looking for an employee and I think you may be interested ".
I called DH and told him that this is so weird , I feel like she was eavesdropping on our conversation. And DH answered "HaShem was eavesdropping"...

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:59 am
I don't think it's boasting to say you recognize the hashgachat pratit in your life as well as others. It means your priorities in life had led you to incorporate Hashem into the minute details of your life and you recognize Him everywhere leading you to where you need to go and down the path you want to go. Once you show the littlest bit of effort in the right direction, Hashem guides you towards the finish line. That's Divine Assistance right there. It's sad to see a religious Jew chalk it up to their own amazing effort. Truth is, with the yetzer hara smarter and stronger than anything we can imagine, it is basically impossible to defeat it without direct divine assistance. Yes, we work hard too but we'd get nowhere if we were truly on our own.

Our mitzvot do indeed propel us forward. I've seen it time and time again. A few things I have noticed involve creating positive relationships with those that would seem unlikely but those relationships have been the ones who have connected me to others who have truly brought yeshua to me. For instance, we have a lady who collects tzedakah every 6 weeks or so to our house as she makes her rounds. Over the past 12 years, I have come to talk to her when she visits and get to know her on a personal level. She's had a sad and hard life but there's a lot to learn from everyone if you open yourself up to them. After many years, I developed a health problem doctors couldn't figure out or alleviate any of the symptoms and I was becoming so desperate for a refuah. She was very into health and alternative medicine which I really had no experience with at the time. At first, I was reluctant to believe that someone who wasn't even a doctor could help me when they couldn't. After a few more visits of her prodding me, I was so desperate that I took her recommendation for a nearby alternative healer. He was so helpful and helped me get rid of almost all of my symptoms. Real symptoms like fever and joint aches where I could hardly walk. Hashem was the ultimate healer but he was the messenger and she was the one who brought us together.

Once, when giving away an item that we thought we no longer needed to a needy younger couple, we found ourselves years later in need of the same item. The original was quite expensive and had traveled overseas. We soon found ourselves with the same item (exact brand and model), second-hand but in much better condition than they one we gave away. Our mitzvah of giving away the original item surely led to the return of it when we needed it and in a much improved state, very close to new and a small second hand price. I consider that Divine providence in a clear way. The color we got was even a much preferred color!

Those who wish to see it, need to bring Hashem close to them. That's all. Admit to ourselves that nothing we do is possible without Hashem. He is constantly recreating the world for us, at each moment. If everything is Him (Ein Od Milvado), the air around us is Him. We breathe in because Hashem breathes the air into us continuously. He truly is part of our lives whether or not we acknowledge Him. Hashem gives us the ability to speak continuously as well. We say that line of tefilla before shmonei esrei stating that without Hashem's help, we couldn't even utter the words we are about to say. Meaning, we can't even daven to Hashem without Hashem giving us that ability to daven. But, if we do acknowledge Him, we cause our eyes to be opened to the clear miracles around us. Most we don't see but the ones we are capable of seeing can be seen with our effort alone of subduing our ego enough to admit we are not functioning and succeeding in life on our own, even for a second.

Just the other day, a thought suddenly came to me. The whole reason we made aliyah when we did was because we drove down a certain street on a whim, not in our neighborhood, just to take a drive around our old hood. When we saw old acquaintances of ours with a for sale sign and found out they were making aliyah, suddenly my dh and I felt insanely jealous. We immediately talked about the practicality of it and decided within minutes we were set on this. Just minutes prior, we had no such inkling. We were prepared to stay in the house we just bought the year before way into our old age. It was only Hashem who directed us down the street. It was only Hashem who even put the idea into BOTH of our heads at the same time. Neither of us needed to convince the other. I consider it such a miracle. Hashgachat pratit and the biggest chessed that I am grateful for every single day.

syrima

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:05 am
Maybe this is weird, but I see hashgocha all the time with our guests. Very often we have new guests at the table from all types of backgrounds. I usually make the same basic things, and then with side dishes and desserts will improvise based on what ingredients I have or what I feel in the mood to make.
So so many times I bring out the thing I just happened to make and it turns out to be the guest's FAVORITE dish. Now that's hashgocha! shock
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics