Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Office pay amount - please help me
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:14 pm
I manage a group of office employees in BP.
Pay scale is from $15-$27 per hour.
Varies by responsibilities, previous experience and length of tenure at our workplace.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
Yes had some prior experience before & I'm very devoted. I think I'm a real asset to the business & don't know if someone else would be so on top of the ball as I am. I think I deserve to get what I'm worth, just need to know the avg going rate.

The best way to figure this out is to actually go out an get an offer from another business.

"Office girl with several years experience" isn't a job description.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:28 pm
I work 25 hrs/wk at $23.50/hr. with no previous experience. In Lakewood.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:56 pm
simba wrote:
What are your responsibilities?

It's a one girl office.
I do phones, emails, data entry, following up with customers, online filing for business and much more. Responsibility of tasks is on me and I do it fully. I take my job seriously and I'm on top of everything.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
I work 25 hrs/wk at $23.50/hr. with no previous experience. In Lakewood.

Do Lakewood businesses pay more than Brooklyn?? Or am I being underpaid?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
I manage a group of office employees in BP.
Pay scale is from $15-$27 per hour.
Varies by responsibilities, previous experience and length of tenure at our workplace.

How often do you give raises?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:01 pm
amother wrote:
How often do you give raises?

Annually or when an employee takes on additional responsibilities/gets a promotion.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Do Lakewood businesses pay more than Brooklyn?? Or am I being underpaid?

Lakewood pays more.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:12 pm
No mom should get paid less than $25 an hour in NY/NJ (in my not so very humble opinion)!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:
Annually or when an employee takes on additional responsibilities/gets a promotion.

Is it better to ask or wait to be offered?? Do you end up giving a bigger raise when someone asks?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
No mom should get paid less than $25 an hour in NY/NJ (in my not so very humble opinion)!

What does being a mom have to do with it? Someone who isn’t as blessed should also be paid less?!

Growing

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:50 pm
It's up to you to request what you think is fair given your expertise experience and work ethic.
Working in a one girl office is also more difficult than working with colleagues.

Request respectfully by explaining how you feel your adding value. Most likely your boss will not have an issue with it unless the business isn't doing well. You can totally ask for $18 an hour. Brooklyn and Lakewood pay more than Monsey. I'm not sure why that is though

gonnabeamother

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:41 pm
I suggest you DO ask for a raise. In BP you should be making more than minimum wage after 2 years.

I am a recruiter for positions in Lakewood and Monsey! If anyone needs a job, feel free to email your resume my way - devorah@emsand.com

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:37 pm
gonnabeamother wrote:
I suggest you DO ask for a raise. In BP you should be making more than minimum wage after 2 years.

I am a recruiter for positions in Lakewood and Monsey! If anyone needs a job, feel free to email your resume my way - devorah@emsand.com

What's called minimum in office?? I'm making about 18 now and I believe I can make more for what's I'm doing.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
What's called minimum in office?? I'm making about 18 now and I believe I can make more for what's I'm doing.

delete

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:

Minimum wage in NYC for an office with less than 10 employees I believe is $12 per hour. I may be wrong , if I am someone please correct me.
I believe in December 2018 it will increase to $15 per hour. It I'm not sure if it's dependent on how many employees there are.
But OP if you are earning $18 per hour and work there 2 years , then I think it's ok to ask for $20 per hour . Just be prepared to be told no.

watergirl

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Minimum wage in NYC for an office with less than 10 employees I believe is $12 per hour. I may be wrong , if I am someone please correct me.
I believe in December 2018 it will increase to $15 per hour. It I'm not sure if it's dependent on how many employees there are.
But OP if you are earning $18 per hour and work there 2 years , then I think it's ok to ask for $20 per hour . Just be prepared to be told no.

I dont think that person is referring to actual minimum wage. She’s referring to heimish minimum.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
It's a one girl office.
I do phones, emails, data entry, following up with customers, online filing for business and much more. Responsibility of tasks is on me and I do it fully. I take my job seriously and I'm on top of everything.

Being competent your job is expected. Thats true for all jobs.

You live in a different world than me... but let me translate. You are a part-time office manager - and you report directly to the the small business owner. Because you have a high level of responsiblity and work very independently, you would like more than a starting salary.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
I dont think that person is referring to actual minimum wage. She’s referring to heimish minimum.
what does "heimish minimum" mean? Lol.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
What does being a mom have to do with it? Someone who isn’t as blessed should also be paid less?!

oops, so sorry! I meant "no adult..."
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics