Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Thursday Night Suppers
1  2  Next

mom!

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:10 pm
Hi,

Looking for new ideas for Thursday night suppers. I'll prompt you all by saying that cereal and milk, tradition soup, pitta pizzas are not an option in my house.

TIA!

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:13 pm
Salmon.
I prep it (with spices or marinades), freeze in portions, and defrost in the fridge the night before.
Served with varying easy side dishes.

esuss

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:17 pm
On occasion I served homemade falafel. Warmed up ready made frozen falafel balls cut up some vegetables served with tehina and stuffed in pitas. Kids loved it! THey were able to help cut up veggies and pick and choose what they wanted.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:21 pm
daniels mom wrote:
Hi,

Looking for new ideas for Thursday night suppers. I'll prompt you all by saying that cereal and milk, tradition soup, pitta pizzas are not an option in my house.

TIA!

Do u generally do dairy on Thurs nights? Baked ziti, eggplant parmigiana, tuna casserole, baked tilapia (with sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, spices-kids love it), breaded flounder or fish sticks, fresh tuna steaks, tomato soup, mushroom barley soup, (mushroom or peppers, etc) omelette, bagels with lox and cream cheese, spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, tuna and pasta salad-kids love this too, tuna melts, potato knishes, grilled vegetables, sushi....

cbg

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:22 pm
Pancakes or French toast, eggs, hash browns, salad

Tomato Soup or other soup from freezer, salad raw veggie slices , grilled cheese

Macaroni and cheese (from freezer), frozen broccoli with cheese, salad

Eggplant parm (from freezer), crusty garlic bread, salad

Thursday night is VERY busy. All preps for Shabbat are done then. The most I can take from the freezer the better

Last edited by cbg on Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom!

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 12:24 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Do u generally do dairy on Thurs nights? Baked ziti, eggplant parmigiana, tuna casserole, baked tilapia (with sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, spices-kids love it), breaded flounder or fish sticks, fresh tuna steaks, tomato soup, mushroom barley soup, (mushroom or peppers, etc) omelette, bagels with lox and cream cheese, spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, tuna and pasta salad-kids love this too, tuna melts, potato knishes, grilled vegetables, sushi....

Not everyone in my family eats dairy so its just easier to do fleighigs...

sky

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:02 pm
falafel and pita. I also make extra salad and dips for Shabbos.

Pre-breaded frozen flounder or talapia.

Frozen pizza. Or frozen pizza dough rounds and make your own pizza bar.

Super simple no fry eggplant “Parmesan”.

Bagels and tuna or cream cheese.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:09 pm
Cheiny wrote:

how do you make tuna casserole and tuna melts?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 1:31 pm
We often serve a large salad with ready protein served on top (sliced egg, shredded cubed or feta cheese, sliced cold cuts, kielbasa, etc) and warm baguettes on the side.
Sometimes hot dogs, French fries and corn salad.
I don't spend time cooking dinner Thursday night as I'm busy with shabbos preps.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Oct 24 2018, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

happymom123

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:40 pm
Shakshuka is a Thursday tradition in our house

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:43 pm
When I had a milchig oven I used to make loaded nachos and it was a big hit. Chips, corn, beans, cheese guac. Now it changes week to week but I like to make a sheet pan or one pot meal so I dont have to wash many dishes on a Thursday night.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 2:46 pm
Depends on what my daughter makes embarrassed we like to do “theme” dinner nights. So for example, Mexican, Greek, Thai, Chinese, fish, pasta etc. it can get a little repetitive lol so we’re trying to come up with more out of the box theme nights. But maybe you all can pick a theme and search for recipes that fall under that theme?

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 3:33 pm
Most people I know serve on Thu night food they are preparing for shabbos like chicken soup, chicken from the soup, farfel, potato kugel. I like to do on Thu night ez oven dinners. Baked chicken bottoms, baked whole potatoes or sweet potatoes, baked whole apples nothing added, little ready frozen things that you can pop into the oven like Frank & blanks, mini eggrolls, mini potatoes knishes, or bag of frozen cauliflower or broccolli with oil & spices.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 3:58 pm
If you want fleishigs that’s very easy, you can buy a package of drumsticks. Simply rinse off, spice (add duck sauce) and bake. No mess, no cleaning chicken pieces..
You can buy a box of near east rice which comes with a spice packet. Pour contents of box into an 8x8 pan, add 2 cups of water and bake covered for 40 minutes
Open a can of string beans
Supper prep in 5 minutes!

There’s also fish sticks, corn on the cob, frozen knishes...

Deli sandwiches-/
All easy stuff to prepare

Last edited by lkwdlady on Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 4:00 pm
OP should not wash chicken it can spread ecoli.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed, Oct 24 2018, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

elisheva25

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 4:01 pm
Pizza soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 4:20 pm
I often do schnitzle, and make enough for shabbos lunch. Serve with something easy like cut up veggies, oven fries, corn on the cob. Baked chicken is too similar to friday night dinner.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:07 pm
I once made scrambled eggs, onion rolls, and baby spinach salad. Quick, easy, and delicious.

Or if you want fleishig, cold cuts, grilled hamburgers or frankfurters with french fries.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:09 pm
mha3484 wrote:
When I had a milchig oven I used to make loaded nachos and it was a big hit. Chips, corn, beans, cheese guac. Now it changes week to week but I like to make a sheet pan or one pot meal so I dont have to wash many dishes on a Thursday night.

Can you tell me how you make loaded nachos, sounds interesting. Thanks!

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:12 pm
I like to use this as my inspiration but I adjust the toppings based on what I have at home https://www.budgetbytes.com/sp.....chos/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics