Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
At my wits end
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:18 am
simba wrote:
Oh yes, I agree. He is the sweetest little boy when he is not being naughty!
I have to catch those moments and savor them, they fly!
I think he would treat a girl very well though. He is extremely kind and sensitive and always complimenting what I wear. He just may not be around when your daughter is 6!

Good luck OP, they are yummy and challenging. As mentioned upthread, routine routine routine...and consistency.

Oh yeah!
This morning she decided her sisters baggy of Crackers are hers.
So she grabbed it away from her sister. I told her hers is on the counter she can get hers. She refused to give it back. Finally I told her I'm counting till 3 by three it'll be back in her sisters hands. She went and she threw it with force. Breaking the Crackers in teeny tiny pieces.
Her sister started crying and so I told her sister to go get hers. If she breaks it that's what she gets.

She started crying I'm sorry. Shrieking in this chillingly loud voice kicking the walls. I let her give off her steam and after a few minutes she came back a normal person. And calmly took the baggy with the broken Crackers.

It's a bi-hourly accurance.
Yesterday at the pizza shop, she got under the table and was hurting her sister. And then she spilled her sisters drink and smooshed her sisters ketchup. Then her sister was reaching for her plate cuz, you know there is a limit to how much abuse she'll take. Omg she sounded the alarm! She has the loudest shreik.

When I went to pay she layed down on the dirty floor cuz she was already tired...... (which I know is age appropriate but it was still hard to keep my cool. But u did)
When we left she saw someone having ice cream. She refused to leave (she was FINALLY WEARING HER COAT!) Because she wanted ice cream. Then she finally came, but ran off out of sight I couldn't keep up with here. The other kids were crying cuz they saw her go around the bend and there were some shady characters they were afraid to go there but I couldn't leave them behind! She came back we waited for the taxi. But she was still tantruming for the ice cream. So she layed down on the floor again kicking and screaming took off her hat and kicked off her shoes....
There were other things but I'll just stop here.

I don't think I'll ever go to a pizza shop with them ever again.

I saw an article about an OT/PT/behavioural practice in brooklyn that works with kids and brain development stuff.
I'm thinking of maybe taking her there for an evaluation. Although it's a 2 hour drive. As a baby she went through a year of intense physical pain and surgeries, other medical drama/trauma. (Although she's doing great now. Might be some more surgeries in the future but she's not in pain bh!) I'm thinking now it might have had a bigger impact on her than I thought.

After all that what happened yesterday, when I tucked her into bed, (tantrum tantrum, lots of tears and some more to GET THERE) I gave her a tight long hug and I could feel her little muscles relaxing. Then she tells me in a sane voice, one in haven't heard all day, "you have a new dress! It has bubbles on the sleeve" I asked her is she liked it. She says "yes. It's very nice" Flower
Melted my heart.
She had such a kind heart. If she sees someone crying shell go over to give them a hug and try to help. She's brilliant (for her age) and so insanely quick. Even if you don't blink you might miss her movements. Lol. My friends and family can't get over that part.
Did I mention she has the cutest face?
Sorry for my long rant. It's just so HARD. Some days are better than others.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers