Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bal Harbor, Miami- things to do & restaurants

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:30 pm
Hi all,

Dh and I will be in that area beginning of November . Any tips for great restaurants and things to do? Staying at the Ritz without a car but willing to Uber places. Thanks!

egam

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:52 pm
For the restaurants, the good ones are Harbour Grill and Bistro, Backyard BBQ in Surfside and Fuego in Aventura. Uber in Florida is much less expensive than in NY. Enjoy.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 12:58 pm
Hey, thanks so much!

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:02 pm
So many good places in Bal Harbor.... Harbor Grill for upscale fleishigs, backyard bbq for more casual. 26 is great milchigs (though more parve/ fish items than dairy really) and Rustiko is good too. The Carrot is great for salads, smoothies and healthier fare.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:16 pm
Thanks! Any fun things to do? What about good breakfast places?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:39 pm
For breakfast Uber to Mozart in Hollywood! Aleta state park is beautiful place you can rent a kayak and it’s really fun. Can also rent bikes there and just walk. We had a great day there

egam

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:00 pm
We really like Fruit and Spice Park, but it’s about 60 miles south from Bel Harbour. Not so uberable (I just invented a new word!).

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:03 pm
Ritz in Bal Harbor best choice!!!
Bal harbour mall is gorgeous to walk thru but gotta be rich to shop there!

Uber is the way to go.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:10 pm
Thanks ladies.
Anyone know about the Everglades tour? What's it like? Will I be nauseous on the airboat?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
For breakfast Uber to Mozart in Hollywood! Aleta state park is beautiful place you can rent a kayak and it’s really fun. Can also rent bikes there and just walk. We had a great day there

Kayaking in Oleta (not Aleta) is a great suggestion. We go often.
As a resident of Hollywood though, I can’t imagine anyone thinking Mozart was worth the Uber ride from Bal Harbor. The food is good, but the place is dirty, bathrooms constantly out of order and service sluggish.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:37 pm
Thanks to the latest poster.
Do you have any other breakfast ideas for us? Is there a kosher grocery near Bal Harbor?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 3:44 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to the latest poster.
Do you have any other breakfast ideas for us? Is there a kosher grocery near Bal Harbor?

I think Rustiko serves breakfast, but double check. Maybe it’s just sundays. I’ve never been but I believe Cafe Verte has breakfast; they are located on Harding, by all the other kosher places in Bal Harbor.
If you’re looking for ice cream Serendipity is there too. There is a kosher grocery right there too but I can’t remember the name. It used to be Kastners but I believe they changed names many years ago.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 6:36 pm
Koshermiami.com has a list

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
Kayaking in Oleta (not Aleta) is a great suggestion. We go often.
As a resident of Hollywood though, I can’t imagine anyone thinking Mozart was worth the Uber ride from Bal Harbor. The food is good, but the place is dirty, bathrooms constantly out of order and service sluggish.

Not the experience we had, but we ate outside and didn’t use their bathroom. Had great service and loved the food. It came highly recommended by lots of ppl and we were not disappointed

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks ladies.
Anyone know about the Everglades tour? What's it like? Will I be nauseous on the airboat?

We did this once. Was lots of fun. Didn’t find the airboat nauseous. It’s very loud and goes pretty fast. Was an experience to come up close with the alligators and got to hold a baby alligator at the end. Glad we did it!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:01 pm
There is a Segway in Fort Lauderdale. It is on smooth ground in Taylor Birch Park. We enjoyed it a lot . Fort Lauderdale is not too far from Bal Harbour, I think

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
There is a Segway in Fort Lauderdale. It is on smooth ground in Taylor Birch Park. We enjoyed it a lot . Fort Lauderdale is not too far from Bal Harbour, I think

(That would be about 35 minutes each way without traffic)

Lovemykids1

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 1:58 am
there is a kosher grocery in bal harbor.
breakfast go to holy bagels and pizzeria. the best. also a new place called pizza way or bagel way im not sure. you can Google everything.
everglades tour is amazing.
seaquarium Miami
monkey jungle
lots of water activities
shopping

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 7:45 am
Thanks everyone!

Still worried about the speed on the Everglade tour airboat. Would love to go but get nauseous from things like roller coasters and occasionally even car rides. Maybe I'll see if there are videos of how it looks on Youtube before I decide!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics