Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If your baby sleeps through the night, whats your secret
1  2  3  Next

thegiver

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 6:57 pm
My baby is 6mo and dr says cio two nights Sad(

Other ideas?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 6:59 pm
I personally think cry it out at 6 months is too young.

Sometimes crying while you're there (maybe 7-10 minutes) then picking them up until they calm down and keep doing that. Eventually they realize they're too tired to cry on and off for an hour it's better to just sleep.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:11 pm
make sure they are full. If formula fed, give them a bottle and then another one 2 hours later. Some also give oatmeal in the evening

simba

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:38 pm
Formula. My kids all slept through the night at that age as they are formula fed and quite full.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:42 pm
thegiver wrote:
My baby is 6mo and dr says cio two nights Sad(

Other ideas?

Get the book 12 hours by 12 weeks..works amazingly

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:48 pm
I keep nap time short & the lights on. The last feeding before bed is formula, keeps them full longer. I dont pick them up every time they kvetch, many times they cry a drop in their sleep.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 8:09 pm
My babies all sleep the night from very early on. My secret is it’s a gift from God. Also, I don’t talk to other parents. They will hate me.

Posting as amother for obvious reasons.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:01 pm
simba wrote:
Formula. My kids all slept through the night at that age as they are formula fed and quite full.
very true

My exclusively nursing baby sleep thru the night at 2 weeks my other also nursed still dont sleep at night. I didn't do anything different

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:04 pm
I think all or most of it with young babies is the babies’ natural sleeping ability.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:04 pm
My 18 month old on full solids still wakes up🙄

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
My 18 month old on full solids still wakes up🙄

At a certain point it becomes a habit.. And till u dont break the habit the child won't stop

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
At a certain point it becomes a habit.. And till u dont break the habit the child won't stop
one of my kids had lead poisoning. Never slept more than an hour at a time. Sometimes it's a health issue.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
one of my kids had lead poisoning. Never slept more than an hour at a time. Sometimes it's a health issue.

Thats a completely diff thing already.. How was the lead poisoning diagnosed?

#1baker

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:

How can I brake the habit? It's my first so I'm not experienced

purpleink

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
My babies all sleep the night from very early on. My secret is it’s a gift from God. Also, I don’t talk to other parents. They will hate me.

Posting as amother for obvious reasons.

THIS! So, so true. It goes for other things as well. With one kid I tried every trick in the book and he was only toilet trained by 4. And my daughter was trained before two with very little intervention.

I love when moms make it out like it's so simple to get your baby to sleep and they are such amazing mothers because they are strict with their child's schedule. Many of them are simply blessed with chilled out, sleepy babies!

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:51 pm
My first was sleeping through the night before six months. I was sure it was the sleep training program I followed and was super excited to try it with my next but it didn't work. Baby still waking up several times a night at closer to a year. Guess it wasn't my wonderful training after all.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:55 pm
#1baker wrote:
How can I brake the habit? It's my first so I'm not experienced
Does s/he wake up every night? If not, could be it's teething that's waking him/her up

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 10:04 pm
I’m obsessed with the book
Healthy sleep habits, happy child. Worked for all my kids.
But also
If your baby is well fed and gaining nicely you can let it cry for a week at nights. I’ve done it. Never lasted a week. Maybe three nights max.

maidale

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 10:24 pm
my 20 month old still wakes up several times:(. sometimes it’s a dirty diaper and sometimes there’s mo real reason. none of my kids were good sleepers.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 10:30 pm
This is what worked with me for both babies- exclusively pumping and giving an extra bottle before they go to sleep. When their tummies are full, they sleep better. It's basically the same concept as formula.

Although I really did want to nurse, once that didn't work out, I found certain undeniable benefits to pumping. This was one of them.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics