Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Meghan Markle on trip abroad
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 9:59 am
InnerMe wrote:
I'm sorry but this woman is a lot more interesting than Meghan! Do I need to start a new thread to discuss her?

No, I don't thinks this is how you look. I'm trying to put Crust with this woman, but it aint going. No matter how hard a try the puzzle pieces won't connect. I'm trying, I promise.

Totally agree!!! 😝

InnerMe

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:00 am
Alright- about Meghan... I was actually surprised that she became pg so fast.
I guess I thought they'll have a little honeymoon time before that... or is there pressure on the royal family to get their family going right away?

And it must feel so awkward to have the world analyzing and watching every step of her pregnancy.

crust

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:03 am
Ok. How do you think I look? I can cater to that. You know I am flexible.

crust

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:04 am
InnerMe wrote:
Alright- about Meghan... I was actually surprised that she became pg so fast.
I guess I thought they'll have a little honeymoon time before that... or is there pressure on the royal family to get their family going right away?

And it must feel so awkward to have the world analyzing and watching every step of her pregnancy.

I dont remember where I read that there is pressure to get going and have a family.

keym

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:16 am
crust wrote:
I dont remember where I read that there is pressure to get going and have a family.

I know there is pressure to have a family but I don't really understand why. Honestly. I'm not being nasty.
William and Kate have 3 kids. An heir, a spare, and the backup spare.
And I was reading an article a while back that many feel there are way too many princes and royals on the country's budget. That's why the Queens grandchildren are denying titles. Even Prince Edwards's kids- legally entitled to be called Prince but are called Lady.
So what's the pressure for more kids for the country to feed?

Oh and BTW crust love the avatar. It'll take some getting used to.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:27 am
I adore Kate’s style.

Wish could I dress like her each day- not just to weddings.

It’s a real pity the styles nowadays are so dressed down- any feel me? Or am I crazy?

Crust- looking good!

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:28 am
keym wrote:
I know there is pressure to have a family but I don't really understand why. Honestly. I'm not being nasty.
And I was reading an article a while back that many feel there are way too many princes and royals on the country's budget. That's why the Queens grandchildren are denying titles. Even Prince Edwards's kids- legally entitled to be called Prince but are called Lady.

I assume Meghan and Harry wanted kids ASAP, they’re in their mid 30s right?

I am a little surprised William and Kate had 3 though.

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:30 am
I think Meghan is fabulous and I love her style - it's a bit more modern and trendy than Kate because of both their positions and also their personal style but I certainly would love to look as elegant as Meghan does.

I assume they wanted to start a family as soon as possible because Meghan is 37 so if they want two - or even three - they need to start immediately. They were together for a relatively long time and both of them have had numerous other serious relationships so I don't think they needed a long honeymoon.

Also, while a child does change everything and Kate/William are pretty hands on parents, I don't think the lifestyle of having children with multiple nannies and help for everything is as stressful as for ordinary middle class people. There is no worry about suitable day care or whether it is worth paying $25 for a baby sitter so you can go out with your husband alone.

trixx

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:31 am
keym wrote:

Probably just for public image. So they can be a family instead of a former playboy and a half black divorced American actress.

trixx

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:32 am
SuperWify wrote:
I adore Kate’s style.

Wish could I dress like her each day- not just to weddings.

It’s a real pity the styles nowadays are so dressed down- any feel me? Or am I crazy?

Crust- looking good!

Yesss it's so my style but just not appropriate for every day!

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:33 am
trixx wrote:
Probably just for public image. So they can be a family instead of a former playboy and a half black divorced American actress.

What a vile thing to write.

Based on what I have read about them and the affection in which they are both held by the public, they don't need any kind of image repair at all.

You seriously believe two intelligent people had a child for public relations purposes and not because they wanted children? From what I have read, Harry has a wonderful relationship with his nephews and nieces and has reached a point of maturity where he is looking forward to having his own children.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:49 am
trixx wrote:

that's really rude.

Meghan is already 37. How long should they wait if they want a family?

InnerMe

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:51 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I assume Meghan and Harry wanted kids ASAP, they’re in their mid 30s right?

I am a little surprised William and Kate had 3 though.

Oh wow, I hadn't known she's 37. That makes sense now. The clock is ticking.

pause

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:55 am
Of course it's because of her age! And Harry doesn't have the same pressures like Williams so they didn't need the time the same way the Cambridges did.

Raisin

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:07 am
I don't think Harry is doing anything because of public pressure. Or he would have chosen a very different sort of wife. Unless the Royal Family want to change their public image and thought Megan would help.

trixx

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:37 am
Amarante wrote:
What a vile thing to write.

Based on what I have read about them and the affection in which they are both held by the public, they don't need any kind of image repair at all.

You seriously believe two intelligent people had a child for public relations purposes and not because they wanted children? From what I have read, Harry has a wonderful relationship with his nephews and nieces and has reached a point of maturity where he is looking forward to having his own children.

I did not mean it as rude. I was responding to a post wondering why the queen would put pressure on them to have kids. Obviously for personal reasons with her being 37, she would want, but I don't think that's what concerns the queen (from everything I have read about her rules for Kate).

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:41 am
I just assumed she got pregnant right away because she’s 37. At that age, she can’t wait too much longer and expect it to be easy.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:22 pm
trixx wrote:
Yesss it's so my style but just not appropriate for every day!

Well I wish it was. In the 1930-50s they all dressed like this. A pity the standards of respectable dress keeps going down Sad

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:57 pm
crust wrote:
Well how do you think I look? Sorry to break it to you but what you see is what you get.

Now back to Meghan. For real.

I wonder how she handles traveling and being in the eyes of everyone while struggling with morning sickness? I dont know why but I really feel shvach for her.

She is amazing and fortunately doesn't seem to suffer the same severe morning sickness Kate did - I forget the name of it. She has stated that she feels tired so her schedule for the tour doesn't include many late nights.

There was a news article about how when she visited a farm in Australia she brought a loaf of her homemade chocolate chip banana bread. The article was a bit tongue in cheek basically saying the next time you think you don't have time to do something remember that Meghan had time to whip up a cake to bring along.

She used to have a blog which I believe contained recipes but she also is very passionate about education for girls and women. Her first real venture was the community kitchen cookbook with the women who were displaced after that terrible fire in London. I saw the video that was promoting the cookbook and it really is a cause worth supporting by buying the book.

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 1:00 pm
trixx wrote:
I did not mean it as rude. I was responding to a post wondering why the queen would put pressure on them to have kids. Obviously for personal reasons with her being 37, she would want, but I don't think that's what concerns the queen (from everything I have read about her rules for Kate).

I just went through the posts and couldn't find one that would seem to merit an answer that the Queen or "The Firm" thought that a baby was necessary to mend either of their images let alone that the general British public or Commonwealth residents need to forget that she is not "lily white" and that he had a bit of a past in his twenties.

No one really knows what goes on but there aren't even rumors that the Queen felt it necessary to buff up their image especially given how wildly popular and genuinely fond the Brits are of both of them. FWIW - and again who really knows - but there are pictures of an outing she took with the Queen and the Queen seems to be genuinely enjoying Meghan's company - even with the faux pas of the car door.

I think you are projecting your own negative thoughts about them onto the Queen and the general public.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics