Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
The Anti-Vaccination Disgrace By Rabbi Aaron E. Glatt, MD
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 10:37 am
flowerpower wrote:
Nah. The Hep B shot causes that. Didn’t you know?

Holding myself back from cracking a joke about playing footsie, athletes foot, and the gardasil vaccine.

Harried mama

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 10:39 am
My friend fostered a little boy who lost his mother to chickenpox when he was 4 months old.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
No I don't think he learned. I think he learned wtvr gar age the vaccine companies teach not anything else. My cousin almost died from getting that shot. She was in the ICU for a month straight from the doctors office and not has a very compromised immune system from that "harmless" shot we just throw into the bodies of out young children and now babies.

I’m sorry to hear about your cousin. I don’t think there’s a single doctor who will tell you there are no possible side effects from vaccines. Obviously if it is known that a vaccine is medically dangerous for a child, they won’t get it. But still - let’s talk numbers here.

How many children are vaccinated every year? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? I don’t even know. But what small percentage end up with side effects? How does that compare with the number of people (yes, we include babies, elderly, and the immune compromised) who would have dangerous or deadly reactions to the measles? It’s a numbers game. No one says that the vaccines can’t be harmful, and no one says the measles will always have terrible lasting effects. But what are the numbers? In science, and in halacha, you have to compare the risks to the benefits. There are risks to EVERY MEDICAL PROCEDURE. But I am definitely glad to live in a time of modern medical intervention! Those who lived a few hundred years ago would have felt very differently.

keym

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:48 am
watergirl wrote:
Holding myself back from cracking a joke about playing footsie, athletes foot, and the gardasil vaccine.

Gardasil also?

Now I have a serious question. Which vaccine prevents idiocy?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:12 pm
Cracking up, you guys are too funny!
The question of the chicken and the egg: which came first my TDAP vaccine or my pregnancy?!

Anyway, to the poster above who asked for proof that Wakefield was paid off by lawyers of Anti-vax parents:
Is an NIH article enough?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....6032/

see charge sheet from the GMC for a fitness to practice hearing (general medical council UK)
http://www.channel4.com/news/m.....t.pdf

mommyla

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:37 pm
keym wrote:
Now I have a serious question. Which vaccine prevents idiocy?

All of them, evidently.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:14 pm
[quote="amother"]Cracking up, you guys are too funny!
The question of the chicken and the egg: which came first my TDAP vaccine or my pregnancy?!

Anyway, to the poster above who asked for proof that Wakefield was paid off by lawyers of Anti-vax parents:

see charge sheet from the GMC for a fitness to practice hearing (general medical council UK)
http://www.channel4.com/news/m.....uote]

I am just worried that it will cause a baby in my old age.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
Cracking up, you guys are too funny!

http://www.channel4.com/news/m.....t.pdf

Thanks , I read it. But it doesn't say he was paid off. It says the lawyers funded his research study so that it can be scientific & admissabLe to help prove their case. This is what anti-vax claim pharma does to all their studies and bullies little guys to retract anything counter. They have billions at stake. Little guys risk their bread & butter to do this. If there were an independent source of funds to fund unbribable non threatenable scientists.....as far as I know all the data is corrpted this fashion.

I think that vaccines are a great invention. I use them. I also think some people are "allergic" to vaccines . It's not so out there thereare loads of allergic people these days, if the establishment was reasonable those with scientifically unproven anecdotAL claims of vax intolerance who had neurological or allergic episode concurrently with vax should be easily able to make their own risk assessment with a Dr who isn't penalized for not fully vax his entire practice. How do you think a parent would feel if they suspected it, went against their gut & something irrevocabe happened?
The U.S. LAW protects these people's rights not to vaccinate KNOWING the risks. It's the law. As far as school law, that would have to be done byJudaic law. eSeems to be not surprising more than one opinion. The Rabbis wouldhave to convene with scientific experts representing both views. I know that R Eliezer Dunner asked R Chaim Kanievsky this shaila. At the request of Rabbi Dr. Shanek of Lakewood. He paskened the schools should allow the non vaxxed in. (49 of our states have this as law too). I know people have their own Rabbis and all, but Lakewood seems a pretty religious place. Run by Rabbis not "askanim".

Medical exempion is for severe concurrent illness only. Religous one baffled me for years. I finally got it. If you believe that vaccines are harmful and your religion forbids self harm, you're exempt. All religions forbid self harm. And Vaccines weren't around when the religions began.

There are microbiologists, other scientists ,Dr''s from multiple fields who don't vax their own family, this is fact. They believe the harm outweighs the good. So we have experts of both opnions.

So what are we to do? Convince everyone they are wrong? Picture a neighbor you are good friends wth ,she has one baby , your neighbors child had a seizure after one time, next time a worse seizure, third time was so bad he almost didn't live. What would you tell her? Then she has another baby. Dr says let's give vax , different child. This one turned blue still inthe Dr's office. What ? Are you o going to say she is not thinking of your other neighbors child who is in middle of getting chemo.

I assume that most people are not heartless or irrational. Nobody I know irl would talk this mother into continuing vax, it's too risky for them.

What can those who vaccinate do to protect themselves short of suggesting a civil war? This issue seems in some way

similar to free speech or right to bar arms
We CAN protectr family even with otheers

believe differnt, Even in light of the trend today. 1)Speak wth your Dr. 2) stay up to date on vaccines 3) Request titers to make sure your immunized. 4)Stay on top of getting boosters.

Then you can rest, knowing you and your loved ones are immune. We have the power to make sure we are immune, just add titers check to we'll visit blood work. We can't prioritize one sick child above the next. We also need to preserve democracy. The right to our own bodies. For the same reasons we as Jews are kokay with our haters having free speech. How would you like the government to forcibly microchip you? It's a slippery slope.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
So what are we to do? Convince everyone they are wrong? Picture a neighbor you are good friends wth ,she has one baby , your neighbors child had a seizure after one time, next time a worse seizure, third time was so bad he almost didn't live. What would you tell her? Then she has another baby. Dr says let's give vax , different child. This one turned blue still inthe Dr's office. What ? Are you o going to say she is not thinking of your other neighbors child who is in middle of getting chemo.

I assume that most people are not heartless or irrational. Nobody I know irl would talk this mother into continuing vax, it's too risky for them.

Why, when it comes to vaxing, do people assume that if one person is allergic to a vaccine, it must follow that they are all allergic?

My niece is allergic to peanuts. Sis does not allow peanuts into the house. But her other kids can have it at my house, or elsewhere.

On this thread a poster condemned all mothers who vaccinate their kids, because of her cousin who, she claims, almost died from this. I compared it to banning peanut butter from everyone, because of those who are allergic.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:06 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Why, when it comes to vaxing, do people assume that if one person is allergic to a vaccine, it must follow that they are all allergic?

My niece is allergic to peanuts. Sis does not allow peanuts into the house. But her other kids can have it at my house, or elsewhere.

On this thread a poster condemned all mothers who vaccinate their kids, because of her cousin who, she claims, almost died from this. I compared it to banning peanut butter from everyone, because of those who are allergic.

I think it's because 1) sheer terror tbh and 2) vaccine reactions are technically usually (sometime is) not an actual allergy. I have read it is more common for people with certain genetic mutations to have those kinds of reactions. So if both parents have it, most or all the children would be probable to have it. But that said, you're kind of right, they could do the dna test and check.

But still a very slippery slope legally. But yeshivas don't need to wait for law, they can get a panel of equally represented experts and decide. Then again, yeshivas can do what they want and are doing what they want.

Maybe

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:16 pm
1. How can a sane person trust Merck who knowingly killed 50,000 with Viox.

2. CDC whistle-blower, tells you what a cesspool CDC is .

happy12

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:30 pm
Ma3 wrote:

They control what they want should be in the news. And all this hype about how deathly it is, please tell me how deathly is chicken pox. We all got it as kids, was highly contagious and had to be home, looked horrible, felt horrible... Kids body fought it and built up immunity for the future. Today's vaccinated kids don't have that immunity. No one says measles isn't contagious, but it's not cancer!
My friends child ended up with encephalitis from chicken pox. She said it was touch and go and a miracle she survived. When the varicella vaccine came out she was quick to vaccinate her younger children who never had chicken pox

Last edited by happy12 on Wed, Oct 31 2018, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
The following an anti vaxer wrote here is a blatant lie" t's amazing how there is such a stinkinh uproar against the "anti" vaxxers when half of the "pro" vax adults are not even immune. In addition some of the cases were fully vaxxed people... Just saying." Till here her words.
I took titers test and measles imunizations had weakened. After a shot and 20 days I reytook the measles toter test. It shows Im.immune. And from.now on I will include every choson.kalah on their wedding list check titers . Is like the tetanus shot that onlt lasts for.10 years, somilarly for some the measles or.polio or difteria doesnt last long. Now Im about to make a vris.for.einikle and you anti vaxers are making me lots of headaches. Please dont ever come.to my simchas

I will come to your simchas, and you should make many iy"h. Mr. Green

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:53 pm
A friend of mine was born in India, and her parents did not get her regular vaccinations.

As an adult, she came down with the chicken pox, and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks. At one point they had her in a medically induced coma.

The pox had gotten under her eyelids, and she almost lost her sight.

The pox also got all up inside her private parts, and she said the pain was unbelievable.

She was a really beautiful woman before she got sick, but now she's covered with deep scars, and her face looks like the surface of the moon.

The doctors said that it was touch and go, and that she's lucky she survived.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:57 pm
FranticFrumie you should PSA that. If a child doesn't get the chicken pox vax the parents better actively move mountains to make sure they contract it when they are a younger child.

ally

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's because 1) sheer terror tbh and 2) vaccine reactions are technically usually (sometime is) not an actual allergy. I have read it is more common for people with certain genetic mutations to have those kinds of reactions. So if both parents have it, most or all the children would be probable to have it. But that said, you're kind of right, they could do the dna test and check.

But still a very slippery slope legally. But yeshivas don't need to wait for law, they can get a panel of equally represented experts and decide. Then again, yeshivas can do what they want and are doing what they want.

DNA test for what?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:28 pm
ally wrote:
DNA test for what?

For the mutation that is associated with a higher risk of complications from vaccines .

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
FranticFrumie you should PSA that. If a child doesn't get the chicken pox vax the parents better actively move mountains to make sure they contract it when they are a younger child.

When my kids were young, the vaccine was coming out. At that point, responsible pediatricians were saying, if you choose not to vax, if your child hasn't got it by 10, get the vaccine because it's harder as an adult. (I don't think they were advocating parties, iykwim.)

ally

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
For the mutation that is associated with a higher risk of complications from vaccines .

Can you link me to scientific evidence of this mutation?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:50 am
ally wrote:
Can you link me to scientific evidence of this mutation?

No, I just pay attention when either 'side' speaks. Trying to figure out truth from false. See whose points I feel have merit. I *think* mthfr was mentioned , so they can't flush stuff out as well, honestly I don't collect sources, I am more into listening & observing.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics