Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Not everything is my fault

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 4:27 am
I love, love when my teenage ds acts like not everything is my fault. It makes me proud!! Very Happy

Usually it seems to be, but when not, ahhh!!! Can't wait until he grows out of it, grrr!!!

Raise your hand if you know what I mean!

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 4:44 am
I have several kids close in age k"ah. It was challenging when they were young but now that most are teens it's brutal. Can definitely relate.

rachelmom1

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 5:46 am
Feel the pain. It's not his fault he misses the bus almost every morning. Not his fault his pants rip. Not his fault his marks are low. Need I go on?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 7:15 am
The other day DD blamed me for the WEATHER! I'm not kidding.

She said "If you hadn't made us move to this stupid city, we could be living somewhere that the weather was a lot nicer. Now I have to suffer in this horrible weather!"

Her main issue - the sun was out. Sunny

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 7:18 am
Teens have a way to send parents on guilt trips!! Don't take everything so personal & have him be responsible for his own actions.
He missed the bus after you woke him twice? He should pay for his way to school..... he doesn't have a clean shirt because he didn't put his laundry in the hamper after being asked? He'll wear a dirty shirt....

rachelmom1

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 7:40 am
Would love to do as you suggest. I tink he'd gladly stay home rather than pay his way to school. I'm stumped..

amother wrote:
Teens have a way to send parents on guilt trips!! Don't take everything so personal & have him be responsible for his own actions.
He missed the bus after you woke him twice? He should pay for his way to school..... he doesn't have a clean shirt because he didn't put his laundry in the hamper after being asked? He'll wear a dirty shirt....

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 8:38 am
OP, if he decides that he's skipping school one day, do what my mom did to us. She went about her day COMPLETELY ignoring us. We spoke to her, she totally ignored. She did not acknowledge us at all till the time we came home from school. It worked like a charm, literally. But it's not easy.......

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 8:49 am
I could tell you one thing. Teenagers are wayyy too challenging and mine totally disregard anything they’re said and even doing a job on our marriage. Which we were great and no not so much.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 8:55 am
I share the same feelings. Hugs. The last few years dealing with challenging teens has taken so much energy from us. We feel incapable of doing anything else.

amother wrote:
I could tell you one thing. Teenagers are wayyy too challenging and mine totally disregard anything they’re said and even doing a job on our marriage. Which we were great and no not so much.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 9:35 am
Does it get better? When do they start acting human

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:17 am
DS was not yet a teen, probably a cute pudgy 3 year old when he said "It's all your fault."

"Is that how we talk to a Mommy?" I asked in my sternest voice.

"Please, it's all your fault," was his reply.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
DS was not yet a teen, probably a cute pudgy 3 year old when he said "It's all your fault."

LOL

DD was 3 and a half when she stomped her little foot and yelled "I hate you! You're ruining my life!"

I had to try so hard not to laugh at her. You're THREE! What kind of life do you have that I don't know about?

I knew right then, I was in for a bumpy ride.

Aylat

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:15 am
amother wrote:

Rolling Laughter
Expect great things from him LOL

Iymnok

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:28 am
FF, how did she enjoy Thursday night and Friday?

carnation

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:41 pm
I had this blaming challenge with one of my children. Very frustrating! I took advice from Twerski and it helped amazingly. Basically every time he blames, I tell him "The point is not who's fault it is, the point is to see what we/you can now do about it." I then start discussing how we can make things better. BH I hardly ever have it with him now.

Also, some children express themselves in such a way because they heard adults in the house playing the blame game.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:08 pm
What do you do when your teenager says, "I wasn't talking to you?" Granted, she wasn't, but I think I'm allowed to insert my two cents if I have something to add to a conversation. Sheesh...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children