Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Late Night Cravings
1  2  Next

SpongaMoppa

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:41 pm
Tools, tips, tricks, ideas for dealing with late night munchies??

I eat fantastically all day and then as soon as I hit the couch/bed/whatever after getting everyone down, I binge.

Help!!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:46 pm
SpongaMoppa wrote:
Tools, tips, tricks, ideas for dealing with late night munchies??

I eat fantastically all day and then as soon as I hit the couch/bed/whatever after getting everyone down, I binge.

Help!!

Can you save some of your calories for your night eating?

SpongaMoppa

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
Can you save some of your calories for your night eating?

like stave myself all day and then binge all night? I could but I feel like that's not my ideal!

I usually eat REALLY well during the day and am so proud and then go on a horrid binnnnge

Optione

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 10:21 pm
Would something light an airy, like popcorn, be helpful? You can eat a lot for a little cost.

Simple1

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:00 pm
After having a reasonable sized portion snack, brush your teeth. You'll be less likely to continue snacking because you don't want to ruin the clean feeling.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 11:57 pm
A big huge glass of hot tea sweetened with some honey. Few calories. Makes you feel like you're treating yourself. Leaves you feeling very full.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:07 am
SpongaMoppa wrote:
like stave myself all day and then binge all night? I could but I feel like that's not my ideal!

I usually eat REALLY well during the day and am so proud and then go on a horrid binnnnge

You don't have to starve yourself all day but space out your calories. I have 3 meals and 2 snacks in my plan. Instead of finishing by 6, I finish at 9 by spacing them out. I don't eat any extra that way.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:08 am
Fat and salt are my go tos.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:22 am
1. Go to bed earlier.
2. Brush your teeth. Nothing tastes very good after that.
3. Drink lots of water, seltzer, herbal tea.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:25 am
I was having the same problem for a long time. I turned a corner with it when I started only eating nuts and nut butter after 8:30. It's so filling its hard to binge on it. Also, wake up consistently at the same time every morning and don't nap. The goal is to be really tired at night. Then, the hardest one - no phone/computer after 8:30 too. It's hard for the first few days but then you start just falling asleep much earlier and skipping the whole nighttime binge issues. It been really hard but it totally changed a nighttime binging habbit that I had for years. Good luck!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:35 am
I started keeping a lot of diet Snapple in the house. It's flavored so it's different from drinking water; there's a sweet taste on my tongue, my mouth's busy, and eventually I feel full. You could try that.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 5:37 am
I find I need to split up my supper - I'm legitimately hungry, and I end up snacking until I've eaten a meals worth of food. Ridiculous!

I refuse to feel guilty in the slightest about eating real food at any time of day. But if I need more than one small portion of a snack, it means I am just plain hungry.

(I don't really have a problem with drinking enough water, so it's not thirst.)

So in short - how long has it been since your last meal? If it's been a good few hours, and you will be up yet for a bit, feed yourself! If you're going to bed soon, try a portion controlled snack.

wantavaca

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 7:54 am
Sugar free candies keep ur mouth busy
TAkes a few minutes to eat each 11 calorie candy. Even if u eat 6 you won’t feel yuck.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 8:47 am
Anon because I share this.
I started having a bowl (or two) or plain chicken soup then. Makes me feel full and gives me the flavors in my mouth that I’m looking for. (I’m more of a chips than sweets person)

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 8:51 am
Get your insulin levels checked
NOT GLUCOSE.
You are most probably insulin resistant

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 8:56 am
Carrot sticks for crunchy mouth feel.

Apples for sweetness.

A spoon full of almond butter for healthy fats.

I avoid too much tea and soup in the evening, because then I'd be up every two hours to go pee.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
Get your insulin levels checked
NOT GLUCOSE.
You are most probably insulin resistant

Not op, but can you please elaborate on this? What does this mean and what can be done about it? What is the connection with night time eating?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
Not op, but can you please elaborate on this? What does this mean and what can be done about it? What is the connection with night time eating?

Not sure if this explains it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjDi2ZO0n8
There’s a lot of info on this
Google it
Just remember that insulin resistance is pre diabetes. Please get this under control before it turns into full blown diabetes

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 9:58 am
Here’s another video that explains
https://drhyman.com/blog/2013/.....nges/

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 10:15 am
Thanks! Will look into it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise