Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Tips for being punctual at simchas

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 1:18 pm
Help me arrive a minute before main part not a min after?

oneofakind

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:24 pm
I count backwards. What time do I want to be there? How long does it take to get there including traffic? How long does it take me to dress (all clothing prepped before so no surprises)? So what time do I have to stop whatever I was doing and focus on getting ready.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 6:03 pm
I get dressed earlier, while the kids are in school or during a lull, and then put my robe over my good clothes while I deal with the kids. Then I make a time to go that gives me 5-10 minutes of wiggle room in case someone needs me, take off the robe, and leave.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:15 am
Write an earlier hour

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
Help me arrive a minute before main part not a min after?

Is your question
1) if the invitation accurately says when the chuppah will be, how do I arrive in time?
or
2) when the invitation lists a time for the chuppah, how do I know how much later it will be?

ladYdI

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 9:58 am
I’ve been stressing out about being on time for simchos while juggling dinner homework bedtime etc for many years. Now I’ve finally come to the conclusion that nobody cares if I’m there or not and just go when it works for us!
Why do you feel you need to be punctual? Unless of course it’s a close family or friend

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:49 pm
I have so many invitations & simchas to attend. To just people, I go when works for me, I try to first take care of my kids, supper bedtime, sleeping before I go. When simchas that are close family & I need to be there timely I end up running late....as I struggle in this area in other parts of my life too. There is always some reason that comes up, why I couldn't get there earlier, so I'm wondering how you set up to actually always be on time where you have to be....whether it's a simcha, an appt or a time you made up to meet, or when you are traveling to get out early before you hit the traffic & arrive with plenty time still before shabbos/yom tov. It's always a struggle for me, even when I try to plan in advance. Somehow things always take longer than expected. Things always crop up. I don't feel the pressure till the last minute....or I get sidetracked.....idk. So all those yekkes share your tips.....ye timing of invitation & actually starting are always off...so that adds to prob bc in my mind I think people will only arrive later....simcha will be later....but then I arrive & everyone is there already...where I should've been there first if it's a close event....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette