Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dd is worried first time going to camp waxing upper lip
1  2  Next

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:34 am
How do the girls wax? I just started taking dd to a Beauty salon for waxing upper lip. Now she is asking me how will she do it in camp.

dovebird

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:42 am
How often does she get a wax? If she waxes right before she goes it might be okay.
You can buy her waxing strips and she can do it herself. Maybe make sure to show her how to do it before she goes.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:29 am
When I was in camp I plucked all the hairs with tweezers. It took some time, but it worked.

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:54 am
Her upper lip hair may get much lighter and finer by the time she goes to camp in the summer. Maybe jolen cream bleach may be ok for the interim while she’s away.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:22 am
People old enough to wax don't go to camp in my world lol

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:35 am
essie14 wrote:
Her upper lip hair may get much lighter and finer by the time she goes to camp in the summer. Maybe jolen cream bleach may be ok for the interim while she’s away.

I used jolen in camp.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 10:56 am
Ruchel wrote:
People old enough to wax don't go to camp in my world lol

She is 14. Some people are more hairy than others:(

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 10:58 am
How often does she wax? It's not so good to wax too often, makes the hair grow back faster.

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 10:59 am
Chayalle wrote:
How often does she wax? It's not so good to wax too often, makes the hair grow back faster.

Untrue. Waxing makes the hair finer.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:05 am
She can shave in camp when needed and resume waxing after camp.
Or you can take her for a waxing on visiting day.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:07 am

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:07 am
they sell women eyebrow razors - face shavers -8 bucks for 4 of em - theyre different then regular shavers, dont cut skin, need no water or a/t, I use it on all my facial hair when I have no time for electrolysis - super easy takes one minute - im super hairy, do it every 2-3 days

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:09 am
I've tried the home wax strips, they dont work.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:12 am
tweezers. it will take a little time but it should get most of the hair out.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:40 am
You can use nair cream depilatory on a moustsche. Just make sure she isn’t allergic. It works fine.

Since it’s only November you could also do laser which would eliminate problem for good or electrolysis which takes a few more sessions.

mandr

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 11:46 am
Someone should open a service that comes down to camps and does these small personal maintenance services to girls! I would have subscribed.

I used to just wax the day I went and the day I came back. In the interim I tweezed. It was fine.

Waxing won’t make hormonal hair grow back finer that is such a farce. I have done electrolysis and laser and waxed and shaved and tweezed for many years so I know what happens with what. Hormonal hair has a mind of its own and will not ca down ever unless your hormones stabilize. Either with pregnancy or nursing or age. I am still waiting for hair to turn thinner after waxing and it never has. Maybe when I’m 50 or something.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:34 pm
Amarante wrote:
You can use nair cream depilatory on a moustsche. Just make sure she isn’t allergic. It works fine.

Since it’s only November you could also do laser which would eliminate problem for good or electrolysis which takes a few more sessions.

Laser is not really recommended for young girls. My beautician does not recommend laser until the upper teens, when one has basically finished growing. Otherwise hormones, etc..will just retrigger the growth.

My DD tried laser and it has not worked well for her. But it was great for me.

Electrolysis is a better option, but not every teen can handle it.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:35 pm
essie14 wrote:
Untrue. Waxing makes the hair finer.

That didn't work for me or my siblings....

mandr

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 12:44 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Laser is not really recommended for young girls. My beautician does not recommend laser until the upper teens, when one has basically finished growing. Otherwise hormones, etc..will just retrigger the growth.

My DD tried laser and it has not worked well for her. But it was great for me.

Electrolysis is a better option, but not every teen can handle it.

Hormones are going to interfere at all ages that you are fertile. Once you finish growing your hormones are still wildly at work. I don’t see the difference. My laser technician has plenty of high school girls coming to her for treatment.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:26 pm
I think Lazer is only good for very light skin. Dd is a little darker skin. She wants also to take off hair from her upper legs. She shaves her lower legs. Is electrolysis is ok for upper legs. I think it is too big area.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics