Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Helping young children understand death

pippy93

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 6:55 pm
After the horrific occurrence that happened this past weekend in Pittsburgh, I have received emails and calls asking where parents can purchase the book “Where Has Zaidy Gone,” in order to help children try understand why this happened (why so many people died...) I truly don’t know if the book is appropriate for this occurrence as the people were killed and didn’t pass away peacefully as “Zaidy” did in the book. I only want to help those who are trying to answer the hard questions their children are asking— and they are asking them. The book is available at http://www.israelbookshoppubli.....8.htm on Amazon and Judaica stores.
May we never hear of anything as terrible as this EVER again (for Jews and non Jews)
**For those thinking I’m opportunistic for posting this- you are truly wrong. This book was written to help our young deal with death. I wrote it from my personal experiences. I’ve received many correspondences over the weekend because parents don’t know how to address this topic with their 6-10 year olds.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 7:18 pm
Because I am still in Detroit at the moment, I shop at a Jewish owned bookstore here called the Self-Esteem shop. You can look them up and call and the nice Jewish lady who owns the shop will steer you to books geared to help children with that and other issues.

I would imagine that many kids have questions, especially those whose shuls were on lock down this past Shabbos.

The Zeidy book is good, but as you mention, he died a natural death in the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics