Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
FAKE Comedian Stephen Colbert showed his true colors tonight
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:14 am
Jeanette wrote:
Influential as they may be, I dont think anyone can argue they have anywhere near the power of the President of the United States. Yet the same people who spent the last three years dismissing the president's deranged tweets, rallies and interviews as a big joke are now crying about a comedian. They bristle at the suggestion that the president should be responsible for his rhetoric but want to complain about Stephen Colbert. Donald Trump is a comedian and Stephen Colbert is the president.

Its annoying that by and large, unless a Democrat kills or rapes, left leaning hosts portray Dems as all good, and Republicans as all bad. As if there are no despicable people in the Democratic party.

sushilover

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:26 am
Jeanette wrote:
Influential as they may be, I dont think anyone can argue they have anywhere near the power of the President of the United States. Yet the same people who spent the last three years dismissing the president's deranged tweets, rallies and interviews as a big joke are now crying about a comedian. They bristle at the suggestion that the president should be responsible for his rhetoric but want to complain about Stephen Colbert. Donald Trump is a comedian and Stephen Colbert is the president.

So if I don't think that trump is responsible for murder committed by a man who hates him, then I'm not allowed to complain that Colbert's jokes are one sided and misleading?
Did I get that right?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:28 am
Mevater wrote:
Fake Comedian Stephen Colbert goes on and on every night about how Trump is responsible for everything wrong in the world today.

So tonight, in his monologue, while discussing the two tragedies this week, Colbert stressed how the letter bomb nutcase perp, Cesar Sayoc, was a fan of Trump, which is true.

But in his heated hateful rhetoric about Trump tonight, Colbert failed to mention the fact that Robert Bowers, the murderer of the 11 in the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, despised Trump, and definitely wasnt a fan of Trump. Bowers has been quoted as saying he hates Trump, because Trump is too close to Jews.

Seems to me it was an intentional omission, to mislead.

After watching Colbert tonight, youd have thought that Robert Bowers idolized Trump, just like Cesar Sayoc idolized Trump.

Yes, I know Stephen Colbert is a comedian, but fair is fair. At least on this sad week in history, Colbert could have been a little more accurate. But no, anything to get his point across, that Trump is the cause of both atrocities.

Perhaps CBS should be called out on this.

And he is typical of what we hear from the fake news night and day..,

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:29 am
Jeanette wrote:
Seriously?

There are bigger problems going on in the world right now than what Stephen Colbert said on TV.

What a world in which we take a comedian's words more seriously than the president's.

Only someone who agrees with him would be so nonchalant about the damage done by those spreading fake news.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:30 am
Mevater wrote:
I watched it with someone else who felt the same as I did. Colbert didnt actually say the words "Trump inspired Bowers", but that was the message you could easily get by Colbert talking about the two perps together, and how alike they are, and showing Sayoc's van that was plastered with Trump literature.

The mainstream news networks did nothing to hide their very blatant accusations that the president is responsible for these heinous acts. It’s despicable.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:32 am
Jeanette wrote:
Quote:
Sorry. Many people are influenced by Stephen Colbert, whether we want to admit it or not. 

By Colbert talking about the 2 perps together, and mentioning how Sayoc idolized Trump, it lead people to think that Bowers, the murderer of the 11, loved Trump as well, and perhaps killed to please Trump, his idol. Not so, at all.

Sorry, many people are influenced by Trump, whether we want to admit it or not.

By Trump talking about Soros and the caravan together, it lead people to think that Jews are responsible and lead at least one person to shoot up a synagogue.

When Colbert fans start sending bombs in the mail and shooting up synagogues, we can talk. Till then, clean up your own house.

Only a nut job like the killer would think to make that connection. Sane and rational people never would. But it’s a great talking point for the biased liberal media.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:33 am
Jeanette wrote:

Fair enough.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:33 am
amother wrote:
I absolutely love Stephen Colbert. He is the best, most brilliant thing about the Trump presidency, and puts all the insanity going on in the White House, in clear perspective.

I’m hoping this is an attempt at sarcasm.

sushilover

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:34 am
Cheiny wrote:
Only someone who agrees with him would be so nonchalant about the damage done by those spreading fake news.

I disagree with your worldview. Just like it's hypocritical of leftists to only blame trump for causing violence, it's hypocritical of you to only blame the media.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:34 am
BTW, I haven't seen Colbert clips in a while, don't know what he's up to in this incarnation.

But I will make a general statement: while I am basically politically conservative liberal comedians can be really funny or have their moments. (I'm thinking of Al Franken, for example.)

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:36 am
Squishy wrote:
Trump isn't anti-Semitic. He is the biggest friend Jews have in the oval office in a long time. But he lit the match? Bowers hates Trump.

Who is responsible for shooting Scalise or the letters with the white powder sent tui the Trump family?

You have misplaced the blame. anti-Semitism is up world wide. The rise in social media is to blame where people can meet like kinds.

Absolutely right but you can’t win with those who buy into what they hear from 24/7 hate fests emanating from the fake news media. I personally am shocked that any Jew could have anything negative to say about this president.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:37 am
ora_43 wrote:
The match = anti-migrant hysteria.

Hatred of Jews = the gasoline.

I don't think Trump is anti-Semitic, but he's not a great friend to the Jews, either. Even if he is well-meaning, sometimes that's just not enough.

I presume you think Obama was a much better friend to Israel and the Jews?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:38 am
andrea levy wrote:
Steven Colbert is not a fake comedian. He is hilarious. If you don’t like what he says, fine.but he is legitimately funny.

Only to the same people who think CNN gives them fair and balanced news about the president.

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:39 am
sushilover wrote:
I'm trying to understand your reasoning for the rest of your post though.
You say that Trump is implying that racism is OK. Are you referring to the fact that he said that there are likely criminals in the mirant caravan?
If I say that I think there may be criminals mixed in, does that mean I am also implying that racism is OK?
What are the rules?

Good question. It does get tricky, because Trump isn't (usually) openly racist. But the things he says are full of "dog whistles" - statements that are juuuuust this side of openly racist; things that people who are openly racist take as support for their positions.

If you, as a private individual, said something like that once or twice, it would be fine.

If the president of the United States says things like that over and over and over again, it's a sign of, at best, horrific negligence.

If Trump had said there are probably criminals in the caravan, OK. What Trump said was:

Quote:
Go into the middle of the caravan, take your cameras and search, okay? You are going to find MS-13, you are going to find Middle Eastern, you are going to find everything.

Criminals and unknown Middle Easterners are mixed in. I have alerted Border Patrol and Military that this is a National Emergy.

I think some bad people started that caravan.

... a lot of money has been passing to people to come up and try and get to the border by election day, because they think that’s a negative for us … They have lousy policy … they wanted that caravan, and there are those that say that caravan didn’t just happen. It didn’t just happen.”

... that the caravan was a conspiracy by "bad people," that so many of the migrants are criminals that this is a national emergency, and let's not forget the Middle Easterners, because apparently being Middle Eastern is, in itself, a threat.

These aren't reasonable statements that give a realistic sense of why a caravan like this could be threatening, or what the political forces behind it might be. These are statements that encourage hysteria.

He's also posted things online that are blatantly false, like his claim that 81% of white homicide victims are killed by blacks (in fact, 15% of white homicide victims are killed by blacks - almost perfectly matching the proportion of blacks in the general population - while 82% are killed by whites).

He tweeted that, "Crime in Germany is way up. Big mistake made all over Europe in allowing millions of people in who have so strongly and violently changed their culture!" Crime in Germany is actually down.

This is the kind of thing that would have me mentally categorizing someone's posts as "racist nonsense" on Facebook. And he's the president. He has no excuse not to do better.

Even if he might not be to blame at all for the latest murders and bombings - he's the president. "Might" shouldn't be good enough for him. Even "probably isn't" shouldn't be good enough for him.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:40 am
sushilover wrote:
I appreciate that you are acknowledging that it is statistically unlikely that the evil shooter was inspired by Trump.

I'm trying to understand your reasoning for the rest of your post though.
You say that Trump is implying that racism is OK. Are you referring to the fact that he said that there are likely criminals in the mirant caravan?
If I say that I think there may be criminals mixed in, does that mean I am also implying that racism is OK?
What are the rules?

The reasoning is called liberalism, nothing more, nothing less,,, and liberalism dictates you must hate Trump and ignore all the huge accomplishments he’s made for our country. Focus on Stormy Daniel’s instead.

simcha2

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:41 am
Cheiny wrote:
The reasoning is called liberalism, nothing more, nothing less,,, and liberalism dictates you must hate Trump and ignore all the huge accomplishments he’s made for our country. Focus on Stormy Daniel’s instead.

Serious question. What would you consider a legitimate criticismof Trump or his presidency?

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:47 am
Mevater wrote:
What makes Trump racist? The fact that he wants to eliminate illegal immigration? Hes ok with people entering the country legally.

I'm not saying that Trump is racist. I'm saying that Trump says things that racists take as support for their worldview. Whether he's actually racist, or just unbelievably careless, only he can know.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:48 am
amother wrote:
Mevater, what has Trump done for the Jews?
I'm seriously scratching my head on this one.

At first I thought you must be kidding. But since your not (!) here are a few things: 1) Releasing Rabbi Rubashkin from prison
2) doing what many previous US presidents promised in their campaigns to do but never had the courage or ahavat Yisroel to do, moving the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem and openly declaring Jerusalem the capitol
3) Cutting off the so called Palestinians financially, calling them out for their vile practice of paying terrorists and their families to commit terror against Israel
4) Not coddling same so called palis by begging them back to the negotiating table and pressuring Israel to make tomore and more dangerous concessions of land (as Obama and all the dems did)
5) Taking a strong stand in the U.N. to demand they stop targeting Israel (while ignoring the crimes of terror regimes, even members of the U.N.) and threatening to defund them if they don’t stop
6) Treating the PM of Israel with respect and warm friendship, in sharp contrast to how Obama dissed him over and over in the White House and beyond

By the way, Israelis LOVE trump and that should tell you something,,,

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:50 am
icedcoffee wrote:
Quote:
Mevater, what has Trump done for the Jews?
I'm seriously scratching my head on this one.

Haven't you heard? He has a Jewish daughter!!!! (sarcasm) And something something embassy.

Something embassy? You’re not ashamed to say that? Does Israel have zero meaning to you as a Jew?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:53 am
Mevater wrote:
NP Perhaps others can answer why Dems are supporting Keith Ellison.

Nope they’ll just ignore it (with the compliance and help from their friends in the mainstream media), even the credible abuse allegations against him, Corey booker, etc....while unabashedly having pretended to be outraged by the unsubstantiated and incredible allegations that Judge Kavanaugh was a serial rapist at age 17!
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics