Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
FAKE Comedian Stephen Colbert showed his true colors tonight
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:34 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Believe me, I wasn't thrilled to vote for Hillary. But, I at least thought she was competent to do the job and I certainly wasn't sure Trump was.

Predict the future by the past. She would have been in bed with the Arab countries, with side deal$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ galore.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:34 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Believe me, I wasn't thrilled to vote for Hillary. But, I at least thought she was competent to do the job and I certainly wasn't sure Trump was.

So you were ok with voting Bill Clinton in as first husband? Talk about a double standard...

simcha2

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:35 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
So you were ok with voting Bill Clinton in as first husband? Talk about a double standard...

I wasn't a citizen when he was elected. How is it a double standard?

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:37 pm
simcha2 wrote:

If you votes for Hilary, then you votes for Bill as First Husband. If you're not sure what means, ask someone to explain this to you.

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:37 pm
simcha2 wrote:

Not that I think who the pres' spouse is so relevant, she asked about first husband, which Bill would have been now.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:50 pm
Mevater wrote:
Predict the future by the past. She would have been in bed with the Arab countries, with side deal$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ galore.

Because Trump has zero side deals with Arab countries.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:52 pm
Mevater wrote:
So I guess you voted for very moral and honest "Pay for Play" Hillary, who made how much money while she was secretary of state????? and enabler of s-xual predator Bill Clinton, who just recently said she doesnt feel that his experience with Monica L involved abuse of power.

As opposed to Trump, who has been accused of s3xual misconduct by 22 women (including a minor) -- Trump, of course, claims it 4 or 5, and suggests that anyone with questions fact check it with Sean Hannity.

Who talked about grabbing women by the ***** and forcibly kissing them, "you can do anything."

Who said of his then-wife, “I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?” And then, of course, brought his mistress on vacation with her and the kids.

Who said, "You know, it doesn't really matter what [they] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ***."

Who calls women fat, dog, ugly, bimbo, etc. Don't forget Carly Fiorina or Heidi Cruz.

As to pay for play, Trump said, "I gave to many people. Before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me. And that's a broken system." And witness how much money he's making off foreigners staying at his hotels, not to mention how much time he spends at his own resorts, with the government paying him for his own stays. Not to mention all hte other allegations of Trump demanding pay for access.

I don't hold Hilary responsible for Bill's actions. And I don't see the pay for play allegations regarding Clinton as credible. But even if you did, and thought that was a reason not to vote for her, then you'd have to vote 3rd party. Its hypocritical in the extreme to say that they're a reason to vote for Trump.

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:52 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Ok, so Cheiny says his lying and s-xually assaulting women are areas of legitimate criticism, and you write his policies are legitimate areas to debate. So what isn't? Because any time anyone writes any criticism we are told we are dumb libs and dems (why the courtesy of writing liberals and Democrats can't be given rather than using the terms as epithets is a separate conversation) who criticize the president for everything and therefore the criticism is sour grapes and can be dismissed.

I personally see very little genuine criticism -- at least on Imamother and similar sites. Cheiny and I are not the same person, and we see this a bit differently. I think his personal morality was reasonable cause not to vote for him, though I had been successfully persuaded by the Democrats back in the 90s that personal behavior shouldn't matter too much. I am also somewhat dubious of this argument because many of the people who claim to be outraged by Trump's personal characteristics are equally opposed to Pence, whose morals are virtually impeccable.

But once the election was over, that horse had left the barn. Enough people in key places in the U.S. were apparently willing to overlook whatever moral failings Trump has. And remember, it wasn't as if we had two spectacularly moral candidates to choose from.

simcha2 wrote:
But I didn't vote for Trump, not because of his policies- though I've been disturbed by his deregulation of financial and environmental policies. But because I found his lack of moral character and integrity to be a deal breaker.

This is my point: there is no deal to be broken at this point. You can dislike him personally, morally, or because of his odd hairdo, but none of that will roll back the 2016 election. You can choose not to vote for him in 2020 because of those concerns, and I'd completely understand.

There are probably a lot of things people should be discussing about deregulation, et. al., and I find it utterly incomprehensible that many of the people who claim to detest him the most have actually given him a completely free reign -- simply by spending all of their time discussing how reprehensible they find him rather than looking at what's going on at various agencies.

In fact, it's tough to find very good coverage of what's going on. The media has allowed President Trump to call the shots. He sends a tweet, and they go off like hounds after a fox. Whether the sleight of hand is intentional or not, the press falls for it so completely and so reliably that it's often compared to a laser cat toy.

simcha2 wrote:
The continued defense of the indefensible (claiming s-xual assault of women, defending white supremacistsetc.) by his supporters has pushed me to be voting Democrat in the upcoming election in the hope that a Democrat house will be willing to do what a Republican Congress has refused to do and enforce appropriate checks and balances.

While I would challenge your characterizations of defending s-xual assault of women and white supremacists, a Democratic House cannot exert checks and balances on how a President behaves personally.

Which brings us back to the problem: by making everything about Trump's personality, style, and personal characteristics, those who oppose him are failing twice. They're not convincing people who overlooked such misgivings to vote for him in the first place, and they're not doing due diligence in opposing anything his administration is actually doing.

And when they are reluctant to engage in discussions about the larger issues that underscore populism and its dangers, they appear insincere in their criticism.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:54 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

There must be something that he was getting about the American people that you are just not getting. And until we address that, this conversation is just going to go in endless circles, over and over and over again.

Yes. There definitely is something about those American white conservative uneducated men that I don’t get. And that is their racism, their white supremacy, their anti Semitism, their stupidity in believing all the fear mongering that the president is an expert in doing, their blind belief in fake news and extreme right talking points, and their worship of money and the world that Trump comes from.
But apparently he got it.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:56 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
If you votes for Hilary, then you votes for Bill as First Husband. If you're not sure what means, ask someone to explain this to you.

So when you voted for Trump, you weren't just thinking "darn, I think he'd make a great president," you were thinking "I really want a woman who posed for nude girl-on-girl photos to be First Lady." In fact, even if you didn't like Trump so much, the fact that Melania was a nude model would have been sufficient to make you vote for her husband.

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:56 pm
Maya wrote:
Because Trump has zero side deals with Arab countries.

Maybe. Lets hear what you suspect.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:57 pm
I'm seriously not understanding this thread. Trump is not yet up for re-election - what are you arguing about?

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
So when you voted for Trump, you weren't just thinking "darn, I think he'd make a great president," you were thinking "I really want a woman who posed for nude girl-on-girl photos to be First Lady." In fact, even if you didn't like Trump so much, the fact that Melania was a nude model would have been sufficient to make you vote for her husband.

All true. Except that I had to make a choice between a rapist and a nude model. Being a nude model is not illegal.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:00 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
All true. Except that I had to make a choice between a rapist and a nude model. Being a nude model is not illegal.

No you didn’t have to make a choice between a rapist and a nude model. The spouses were not the ones up for election. You simply had to make a choice between a competent candidate and an incompetent one.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:01 pm
Maya wrote:
Yes. There definitely is something about those American white conservative uneducated men that I don’t get. And that is their racism, their white supremacy, their anti Semitism, their stupidity in believing all the fear mongering that the president is an expert in doing, their blind belief in fake news and extreme right talking points, and their worship of money and the world that Trump comes from.

Wow, you really love America, don't you? Why are you even here? You do realize that there are quite a lot of white conservative men that live in America? Btw, they are not ant more anti-semitic than liberals. I'm sure you know that, but why bother with the truth?

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:01 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Wow, you really love America, don't you? Why are you even here? You do realize that there are quite a lot of white conservative men that live in America? Btw, they are not ant more anti-semitic than liberals. I'm sure you know that, but why bother with the truth?

Exactly. Why bother with the truth. I feel the same way.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:02 pm
Maya wrote:
No you didn’t have to make a choice between a rapist and a nude model. The spouses were not the ones up for election. You simply had to make a choice between a competent candidate and an incompetent one.

Can I quote you on that Smile ?

Yes, I thought Trump way more competent. Strangely, I haven't heard one criticism about his competence, though.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:03 pm
Maya wrote:
Exactly. Why bother with the truth. I feel the same way.

Do you seriously believe that white conservative males are more anti-semitic than any other kind of non-jews? Wow, talk about being brainwashed. So sad.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:07 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Do you seriously believe that white conservative males are more anti-semitic than any other kind of non-jews? Wow, talk about being brainwashed. So sad.

Certainly not less than others.
And yeah, talk about being brainwashed. So sad.

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:08 pm
Maya wrote:

Ah, those would be the "toothless trailer trash" as one journalist described them.

Because we all know (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) that "American white conservative uneducated men" are racist, white supremacist, anti-Semitic, and stupid.

You may not "get" people who don't share the same background and experiences as you, but they (and I) sure as heck "get" your hateful bigotry.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics