Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
NaNoWriMo

merrygold

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:43 am
Anyone out there doing NaNoWriMo?
I'm doing it be'h and would love some frum buddies.

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:28 am
I googled it and it sounds cool. Can you explain a bit? I'd like to hear from someone who's doing it.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:50 am
Keep toying with the idea...not sure if I’m doing it yet

InnerMe

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 12:00 pm
merrygold wrote:

Looks so cool.
Alas I have no patience to read novels.. let alone write. Yeah, happens with age Wink
Good luck!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 12:26 pm
My 15 year old son is determined to do it. Not sure how he's going to fit it into his yeshiva schedule...

Aylat

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 1:06 pm
merrygold wrote:

Are you on fb? Search for FLAN - frum ladies attempting nano.

Tehila1

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 1:07 pm
Can someone briefly describe what this is? This sounds so interesting.
My filter is not allowing me to access when I google it.

TIA

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:08 pm
Tehila1 wrote:
Can someone briefly describe what this is? This sounds so interesting.
My filter is not allowing me to access when I google it.

TIA

It stands for National novel writing month. Basically people take the month of November and try to hammer out an entire novel during that time. Because everyone's kind of doing it together, there are sit-ins where you can sit with other people who are also doing it. Maybe there will be writing prompts during that time to get your creativity flowing. people update their word count online and do "sprints" where they try to reach by amount of words in an hour for example.

That's about it.

There's not a lot of quality writing that comes out of it, but it can be a good starting point if people are just having a hard time sitting down to get it done, and for some people it's just for fun and not really about the end product.

gingertop

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:13 pm
IIRC, Facets, serialized in the Mishpacha, started in such a monthly writing thing. Not sure if it was this or another program.

It was one of my favorite serials.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:15 pm
I never heard of this before but it sounds like fun :-)

Tehila1

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:24 pm
Thanks oliveoil!

merrygold

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:01 am
Thanks for the explanation olive oil. And I'm not on facebook. I am doing it because I've had some articles published and have wanted for years to write a book. I've started a few times but since I'm always editing as I write, I never get far enough- and just run out of steam. I'm hoping by doing NaNoWriMo, with the goal of writing 50,000 words in 1 month, my inner critic won't have time to protest. By then end of the month I hope to have a novel. It will need lots of work editing, fixing, polishing but at least it will be a book! Anyone want to join?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club