Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best credit card for business

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 3:14 pm
I'm looking to open a credit card for a business.
Are there any good credit cards that have worthwhile welcome bonuses ?
I know that Amex is offering 100K bonus points for spending $5000 in the first three months.
is there anything else?

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:55 pm
It depends on what "currency" of points you value most. At this point, Chase Ultimate Reward points are considered the most valuable, but I believe the highest current offer on their Ink cards is only 80k, or maybe even 50k.

There's also an AMEX Hilton Business card 150k offer and I believe a 100k Marriott Business card offer, but most people would take 100k AMEX Membership Reward points over 150k Hilton or 100k Marriott. Also check the annual fees and spending thresholds, to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:26 pm
The Amex was for SPG points, but I missed the deadline.
Any other advice?

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:16 pm
There's no such thing as SPG points anymore. They merged with Marriott, and now everything was converted to Marriott points, at a ratio of 1 SPG point = 3 Marriott. If there's an 80k Chase Ink offer, I'd go for that.

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:20 pm
Okay, I just checked my go-to source for best current CC offers - https://frequentmiler.boarding.....fers/

I see there a link for an 80k Chase Ink, so I'd definitely start with that (as long as you're under 5/24; if you don't know what that is, you probably are). If you want to go for more, I see 70k American Airlines Business, 75k AMEX Membership Rewards, 70k Delta, and 150k Hilton. That site also tells you the approximate value of the sign-up bonus, which is helpful. Just make sure to take the annual fee into account, and make sure you'll be able to meet the sign-up bonuses in time. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:40 pm
I'm not sure I'm following everything you're saying-I'm very bad at this but I'll apply for the 80k Chase Ink.
Thank you for your help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics