Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Laptop recommendation

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:19 am
I’m looking to get a cheap laptop that has a lot of memory, so that I can use it to work remotely.

Any recommendations?

Mommy1:)

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:28 am
I love mac laptops. Buy them refurbished on newegg.com. Cheap, last me a long time, always good quality and reliable.

I wasn't always a Mac person, but now I can't imagine using PC's Very Happy

ggdm

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 11:30 am
I like the used Mac idea. The hardware is really good and you can usually use the computers for years and years without problems. BUT (and this is a big but) you need to be comfortable with the different operating system. And if you work with special software that is only available for Windows, it will not be an option for you.

For a Windows laptop buy something from the business line of good brands. For example a Lenovo ThinkPad, HP EliteBook, ... It will last for a long time. They are not the cheapest, but it is worth the price for quality. You can buy used, a one or two year old good laptop is probably better than a cheap new one.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 11:41 am
I recently bought a HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop for work. My BIL has it as well. both very happy. not super cheap. link below in case your interested.
https://www.blinq.com/detail/e.....zaius
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics