Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Toot your own horn!
1  2  3  Next

Mommy1:)

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 3:40 pm
I'm thinking we would benefit from positive thinking with regards to how we manage our households - and all that entails. What's 1 thing you do well/ are proud of with regards to household management? Big or small!

To quote Seeker on a similar thread: "You may not use the word "but" or any similar qualifier that detracts from your compliment. No backhanded compliments. Positive vibes only."

Here's mine: I wash the dishes every night before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning the kitchen smells clean and the sink is ready for the breakfast dishes!

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:23 pm
Oops, I don't have any....

SuperWify

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:27 pm
I plan and shop for my supper menu for the week on Sunday.

Makes me feel very organized 😂

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:28 pm
I have a calm morning routine.
I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to make it happen, but after years of feeling horrible about the morning stress in the house, I've finally turned a corner with it and figured out how to do it in a relaxed way. I know it sounds funny to wax philosophical about this, but fixing this ongoing problem makes me believe that anything is possible.
Thank you to the One above!!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:30 pm
I sorted shoes today! Got rid of all the ones that you hope you can wear again but really you can't, and the ones that are too small but somehow are still there, and the ones I can still wear but won't. I also located relevant boots.

ETA: I'm not so great with routines, but I do this one day each year, around boot time.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:31 pm
If the supper type allows, I make supper the night before or the morning of.
I make sure my house is clean before I go to sleep (mostly)

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:33 pm
I have to admit, tooting my horn once was hard (the other thread) , but twice? That's asking A LOT!!!

I always make sure my kids have a good breakfast in the morning and a good supper when they come home.
If I don't manage it (which happens on a rare occasion) it makes me very upset that I didn't live up to my "standards ".

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:34 pm
I have no kids yet, so my household is much easier to manage than others. But! My husband and I have always made cleaning fun. Our apartment is small, so we'll put on a playlist of songs we love and do the cleaning together and sing along to our favorites. I wouldn't exactly say I look forward to cleaning, but we make it feel like bonding time rather than a chore.

lolymom

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:48 pm
I always tidy up my house before I go to sleep (not sparkling but clean) so that the next morning I wake up to a neat and clean home.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 6:59 pm
I declutter early and often, and my children write beautiful thank you notes. I take full credit, not necessarily for their eloquence, which is their own, but for the manners which I instilled in them.

Modesty forbids my saying more.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:11 pm
Im very good at getting my kids to sleep on time

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:51 pm
Putting the children to bed nicely and setting them off to school happily are my two main priorities.
I say a long exciting story every night and then sing them a song with a different specific compliment for each of them every night.

I give my kids a dip in the bath, before they get dressed to school to help them feel fresh. They then have a warm cocoa with cake / biscuits. I also try to write notes often on their place next to their cup (prepared night before).

DVOM

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:54 pm
I wake up early to eat breakfast in bed before my boys wake up. Starts the day off right!

Teacher_EW

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:54 pm
I work full time, so I make sure that shabbos is fully prepared and the table is set on Thursday night.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:58 pm
Hmmm....
I. Um. Have clean clothes in the dryer. At least they're clean, right?

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:06 pm
I cook. And I’ve taught my mom to cook too.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:09 pm
Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to this thread.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to this thread.

Same. Sad

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:24 pm
Nonsense. There was a time that I felt amazingly accomplished if I brushed my teeth once that day. Forget combing hair. Wasn’t happening. Having newborn twins will do that to you.

SYA

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:22 pm
I talk to each of my children for 2-5 minutes about their day before they go to sleep. After Shema, when they’re already in bed.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics