Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Attention NY’s who wear black tights

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 3:52 pm
In N.Y. it’s cold- black tights wearers switched to black tights/ winter gear

So if you are going to Israel and it didn’t turn cold cold there yet, it’s in the 70’s.. would you wear your black tights there now or switch back to nude??

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:34 pm
You can still wear black tights in Israel!
Just wear a light coat and not too many layers!
Outfit ideas:
-Pretty floral dress and black tights and flats is always a hit!
-Or a nice long sleeved shirt (maybe striped?)with a vest(fur is so chic)on top and pencil skirt with black tights
Or
-Swingy skirt, black tights, mock neck sweater and flats!!
:-)

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:39 pm
It was around 70 degrees this afternoon in NJ.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:45 pm
Switch back? Unless you're drawing on your pantyhose with a sharpie, I don't see what the big deal is to wear whatever color fits the weather that day.

blessedjmom

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:47 pm
Most Americans I know here- in jerusalem. Are wearing black tights.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:48 pm
I’m in Israel. I was thinking about turning on the A/C today. Wear tights that look nice with your outfit. Many Israelis never wear black tights.
I’m sure you will look beautiful whatever you wear.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:03 pm
In Israel I would wear the color that looks best to the outfit I'm wearing.

serenity8843

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:14 am
I would stick with black. After Sukkos, the only place that I wear nude tights is in Florida. Other than that, I'm strictly in black tights until Pesach time, or even later, if weather-permitting! I love black tights! And grey tights. And navy tights. When the weather gets warm again, I feel a twinge of sadness to have to give up my winter clothes (warm sweaters, suede shoes, black tights, fur and puffer vests...).

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:42 am
It's supposed to be between 85 and 90F here today. No tights of any color for me today!

I agree with groovy1224.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 12:53 am
amother wrote:
In N.Y. it’s cold- black tights wearers switched to black tights/ winter gear

So if you are going to Israel and it didn’t turn cold cold there yet, it’s in the 70’s.. would you wear your black tights there now or switch back to nude??

Is there some set of rules to this? Why dont you wear what looks best to your outfit. If you are wearing dark colors, wear black tights. If you are wearing light colors, wear nude.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 3:04 am
I'm born and raised in NY and live in Israel now.

This shabbos in the park, I was one of the only ones still in nude since it was still pretty warm outside. I went to a kiddush after and was the only one in nude. (I live in Jerusalem and it's definitely starting to cool down). I said to myself, "This is the last week I can get away with this." So this shabbos and on, it's black.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:40 am
I have shocking info to share: I live in NY and am still wearing nude (I know I know).

I just can't give up on my comfy pair of nude shoes.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:28 am
OP, serious question, what does it matter what color stockings one wears? And also serious question, why would it matter where you are in connection to your tights?
Personally where I live its freezing and I never wear tights (only leggings) but why cant what you wear be a choice with regards to what matches or however you choose? Why does it have to be connected to where you are?

camp123

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:46 am
I guess there are people who "get" your question and people who just don't.

I'm in the "I don't" category. I do respect where you are coming from though.

But, please someone explain, why does it matter what other people are doing?
If you wear nude and everyone is wearing black, does that mean people won't talk with you? Do shidduchim with you? Let you into their school?

I get the need to fit in to the community and dress reasonably similar, but if its just tights, like what's the big deal?

Is this a symptom of charadi community. Curious bc I can see my daughter headed in that direction..... And I just want to "get it" for her sake.

rowo

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:58 am
I check the weather in the morning and plan my outfit accordingly.

I'm also from a place where the weather can change drastically from day to day - especially during these in between seasons.

dress so you're comfortable for the place you are in

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:21 am
amother wrote:
I'm born and raised in NY and live in Israel now.

This shabbos in the park, I was one of the only ones still in nude since it was still pretty warm outside. I went to a kiddush after and was the only one in nude. (I live in Jerusalem and it's definitely starting to cool down). I said to myself, "This is the last week I can get away with this." So this shabbos and on, it's black.

Thank you! Very helpful!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 7:39 am
In Beit Shemesh, even in the very frummest neighborhoods, I am still seeing all colors of tights.

My great-grandmother would be clutching her pearls, as she taught me that tights and shoe color rules were carved in stone (right after the 10 commandments. Wink )

I have all the windows open right now, because I don't want to put on the AC. My electric bill was insane last month.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:10 am
camp123 wrote:
I guess there are people who "get" your question and people who just don't.

I'm in the "I don't" category. I do respect where you are coming from though.

But, please someone explain, why does it matter what other people are doing?
If you wear nude and everyone is wearing black, does that mean people won't talk with you? Do shidduchim with you? Let you into their school?

I get the need to fit in to the community and dress reasonably similar, but if its just tights, like what's the big deal?

Is this a symptom of charadi community. Curious bc I can see my daughter headed in that direction..... And I just want to "get it" for her sake.

This is a symptom of caring about fashion. You will find the same thing by non Jewish people, it just might not be about tights.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:48 am
Some people were still in nude at a wedding in Lakewood this week. But during the day definitely black. From what I remember would be the same in Israel, at least for the Americans.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:05 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
This is a symptom of caring about fashion. You will find the same thing by non Jewish people, it just might not be about tights.

Right- and it’s hard to explain to someone who doesn’t “get it “ why it’s a little important to me so I just didn’t respond to those posters
It’s obviously not the most important thing in life- far from it! But if black tights is something you do in the winter then you would be interested to know if people are wearing them yet ...

.... I promised myself I was not going to respond to everyone asking why I care when I started this thread but I like how mommy3b2c explained it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics