Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando in November info needed

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:56 am
I am looking to go to Orlando for 3 days in the next 2 weeks just DH and I. We will arrive late Saturday night and leave Tuesday evening.

Do we need a car, or should we use Uber?

What is the kosher food situation and what do you recommend?

Should we bring our own food?

Best clothing to bring, including shoes?

Hotel suggestions or package deals connected to the parks?

I primarily want to do Disney, definitely Epcot. I would like to know other suggestions or should I just do the Disney parks and the cheapest way to do it?

We don't like rollercoasters but otherwise like amusement parks.

All info would be great, thanks.

librarygirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:32 am
If you stay in a disney hotel they have free transportation to and from the airport. They do make you leave to the airport pretty early though. They also have kosher airplane style meals at some of the hotel food courts and in all the Disney parks. You can uber to a kosher restaurant if you want. There are also services that allow you to order groceries to your room in advance, like water or cereal for breakfast, though you probably don't need much.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 9:37 am
If you’re a Disney fan you can do Magic Kingdom and Epcot. You can order kosher food there at certain eateries. Not very good but better than eating a cereal bar for supper. Bring a backpack and keep the food there when in the park. Get tickets before the going to the parks so it saves you time. Google good neighborhood hotels for good hotels with shuttles to the park near Disney. The Royal Caribe is a nice one. Definitaly do Downtown Disney one night if you have time. Download the mydisney app. It’s helpful when you’re in the parks.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:28 am
If you do Disney, downloading the "My Disney Experience" app is a must! In addition to the Disney airplane meals, the South Apopka Vineland Winn Dixie, right outside Disney Springs (a quick uber) has the best kosher section in town and you can pick up deli, tuv taam salads, cheeses, etc that you can eat as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics