Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help me calm down
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

etky

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
p
Devastating.

Yes. And very scary. There've been almost 1000 reported cases of measles in Israel during the past 2 months, most of them in Jerusalem and to a lesser degree in Tzfat.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:09 pm
I just read that there are nearly 800 (!) cases of measles in Jerusalem. Mostly chareidim.
Dd gets hers at a year. One more month.
In 3 weeks they will be doing my son’s 1st grade.

There is a gan in my neighborhood in which the ganenet doesn’t vax.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:11 pm
Thanx for apologizing watergirl. It's important to read the entire post correctly before posting a snappy reply.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:11 pm
I was fully vaccinated, but when I was pregnant they saw that I wasn't immune to Rubella.
After my baby was born, I had to get the MMR shot again (there is no Rubella shot by itself). It didn't hurt and I had no reactions to it. My kids have all had it to and have been just fine , so please don't be scared of the shot.
Measles is much scarier than the measles vaccine.

Unfortunately, they checked me again and I am still not immune to Rubella which means I am one of those people that the vaccine doesn't work for. Whenever I am pregnant, I am so scared of ch"v catching Rubella because I live in an area where there are many anti-vaxers.

Now if everyone would get the MMR shot, I wouldn't have to be so scared of catching it, but instead those people who do not vaccinate are putting me and my unborn baby in danger and there is nothing I can do about it.

etky

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:13 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I just read that there are nearly 800 (!) cases of measles in Jerusalem. Mostly chareidim.

Maybe check to see if you can do it earlier for your baby.
I think they are recommending that now for babies younger than a year.
Call your Tipat Halav.

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thanx for apologizing watergirl. It's important to read the entire post correctly before posting a snappy reply.

You are correct and I normally do, this topic at this time got the better of me. I read the whole post but too quickly and I missed the nuance. I need to step away from this thread because I’m getting too upset.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:32 pm
Why don’t people in Israel vaccinate??????????

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:43 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Ignorance, hysteria, and misinformation. People who believe conspiracy theory blogs instead of peer reviewed journals.

People who believe whatever is put in front of them that has the most emotional impact, instead of logical impact. People who never learned how to think for themselves.

etky

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:

92% of Israeli parents vaccinate their children.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:48 pm
OP, give them vitamin C before you vaccinate them. And of course the older they are the less chance of side effects.

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:02 pm
I had the same thing!
Now the shot isn't working!
children are now passing away because of these anti vax people!!!!!
OMG!!!!
amother wrote:
I was fully vaccinated, but when I was pregnant they saw that I wasn't immune to Rubella.
After my baby was born, I had to get the MMR shot again (there is no Rubella shot by itself). It didn't hurt and I had no reactions to it. My kids have all had it to and have been just fine , so please don't be scared of the shot.
Measles is much scarier than the measles vaccine.

Unfortunately, they checked me again and I am still not immune to Rubella which means I am one of those people that the vaccine doesn't work for. Whenever I am pregnant, I am so scared of ch"v catching Rubella because I live in an area where there are many anti-vaxers.

Now if everyone would get the MMR shot, I wouldn't have to be so scared of catching it, but instead those people who do not vaccinate are putting me and my unborn baby in danger and there is nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by Jewishmom8 on Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:03 pm
Good for you op. Please vaccinate your younger kids too they are even more at risk. The MMR is no big deal and it doesn’t cause autism.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:05 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Good for you op. Please vaccinate your younger kids too they are even more at risk. The MMR is no big deal and it doesn’t cause autism.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:09 pm
Correction: The MMR is not a big deal for most people, and cannot cause autism on its own.

In most people, the risk/benefit ratio falls easily to the "take" side.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:12 pm
Iymnok wrote:

If 92% are vaccinated then why are there so many cases of measels?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:15 pm
I thought all the the repetitive drushos abt this is in vain.....bc people wont change...but right now its at least changing one person's perspective....so maybe it was worth it & not a waste of breath

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
because im scared of giving to such little kids. older kids could handle it better, no?

Theres probably a lower chance of side effects with shots than chance of getting hit by a car.

Id only want to ask a pediatrician if giving shots which is a bit of the germ to the older ones might make the younger ones react. Id do the younger ones first or all at the same time.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:
That's like saying people die from cancer. More often than not they die from the cancer treatment, not from the cancer. Speak with any oncology nurse and they'll confirm this.
So was this 18 month old having other issues, or did the toddler receive medical intervention that then led to the death?

I'm curious. Let's say hypothetically a vaccine was invented that prevents cancer. And that vaccine would have the same efficacy rate as measles - approx. 97% success rate in prevention. Would you allow your children to be vaccinated against cancer? Or would you consider that the minimal risk of injury from the vaccine overrides the hundreds of thousands of cancer deaths annually?

We've all seen the devastation that cancers have wrought. I believe the majority of us, including anti-vaxxers, would rush out to get that shot promptly and would line up all of our kids to do so too. In the same vein, if the anti-vaxxers would have first-hand experience on the evils of the measles, polio, etc, this whole anti-vax movement would be non-existent.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:29 pm
Didnt u c that someone responded that more people die from cancer treatment than from cancer?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Didnt u c that someone responded that more people die from cancer treatment than from cancer?

It is the cancer that's causing people to get treatment, and many more people would die without treatment, so while the numbers may vary a bit, they're still astronomical whichever way you put it.

And lets say this hypothetical vaccine exists (continuing from my prev post) for cancer prevention - very few would be dying from either cancer or the related treatments. So the question still stands - would you avoid the vaccine based on the minimal risk of injury vs the astronomical #s of the deaths?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics