Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help me calm down
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:40 am
Amother- natural I hope you don't ever have to know how cancer works. All the children that I know that passed on in Sloan in the past 2-3 years were ones that there were no treatment for them available anymore & were sent home to let the cancer take it's course & die....yes when they are free of cancer already but in a weakened immune state due to the chemo, its even more important then they shouldnt get in contact with these other diseases, that can spread when people stop immunizing or other infections to keep them alive.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:51 am
It seems like amother natural is trying to compare chemo with all the garbage it has in it to Mmr with garbage in it....& justifying that the chemo is what kills & is worse than the cancer that doesn't kill as badly.....as the mmr kills worse than the measles kills.
To such people such hypothetical questions of preventing cancer won't help because these extreme naturalists will refuse chemo even when they are sick with cancer & run to all naturalists to heal....& once they see it doesn't work it's too late for them to get chemo to cure them.

Librarian

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 1:58 pm
I am very sorry but I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for anyone who does not vaccinate their children! All of us who have their children vaccinated don't love their children any less than you do and we care for their well being just as much as you do. You will not get any sympathy or hand holding from me - grow up and do the right thing like the rest of us!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:01 pm
thanks for the honest sincere posts. the sarcastic harsh ones , no thanks.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:17 pm
flowerpower wrote:
If 92% are vaccinated then why are there so many cases of measels?

Herd immunity for measles requires 93-95% of the population to be vaccinated. But what’s probably also happening is that there communities where many don’t vaccinate and measles is extremely contagious. So it can spread like wildfire in those areas.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 4:22 pm
Deleted

hello321

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 7:40 pm
I vaccinate my kids. They all got all the vaccines from babies and up. And I try my best to daven while or after they get it that Hashem should protect them from the disease it is suppose to be against. That’s all we can do. Giving them the vaccine is hishtadlous.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
im a bit lost now and want all good imamothers to help me. I never gave any shots for a few reasons but mainly cuz im scared. now measels is going around. I feel like its the right thing to give mmr but my kids are older. and never got a shot. im going to give them the mmr shot. help me stay calm that theyll be ok and nothing bad will happen from this. and also that my younger kids will be fine even tho im not gonna give them now the shot.

My mom didn't vaccinate and for 16 years I lived with fear that I'll catch one of these diseases. As soon as I turned 16 I went to the doctor and asked him to vaccinate me - I'm so glad I did!

Your older kids might actually be relieved to hear this... Thanks for doing what's right for you, your family and your community!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
My mom didn't vaccinate and for 16 years I lived with fear that I'll catch one of these diseases. As soon as I turned 16 I went to the doctor and asked him to vaccinate me - I'm so glad I did!

Your older kids might actually be relieved to hear this... Thanks for doing what's right for you, your family and your community!

why 16? is that when you are legally an adult in your state? you got all vaccines and all boosters? how long did it take you to catch up on e/th?

imasoftov

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:29 am
amother wrote:
Times of Israel is reporting an 18 month old girl in Jerusalem died of the measels today. ANyone know if this is true?!?

It was also reported in Arutz Sheva

https://www.israelnationalnews.....54135

Teomima

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:43 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious. Let's say hypothetically a vaccine was invented that prevents cancer. And that vaccine would have the same efficacy rate as measles - approx. 97% success rate in prevention. Would you allow your children to be vaccinated against cancer? Or would you consider that the minimal risk of injury from the vaccine overrides the hundreds of thousands of cancer deaths annually?

We've all seen the devastation that cancers have wrought. I believe the majority of us, including anti-vaxxers, would rush out to get that shot promptly and would line up all of our kids to do so too. In the same vein, if the anti-vaxxers would have first-hand experience on the evils of the measles, polio, etc, this whole anti-vax movement would be non-existent.

There is. It's called the HPV vaccine. Doesn't prevent all cancer, of course, butt it's highly effective on certain types of cancer that often go undetected/untreated.

I'm curious of anti-vaxers also shy away from the HPV vaccine.

etky

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:47 am
Teomima wrote:
There is. It's called the HPV vaccine. Doesn't prevent all cancer, of course, butt it's highly effective on certain types of cancer that often go undetected/untreated.

I'm curious of anti-vaxers also shy away from the HPV vaccine.

The HPV vaccine has other issues.
I'm a vaxer. I've given my kids all vaccines, on schedule, but not this one.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:13 am
amother wrote:
I was fully vaccinated, but when I was pregnant they saw that I wasn't immune to Rubella.
After my baby was born, I had to get the MMR shot again (there is no Rubella shot by itself). It didn't hurt and I had no reactions to it. My kids have all had it to and have been just fine , so please don't be scared of the shot.
Measles is much scarier than the measles vaccine.

Unfortunately, they checked me again and I am still not immune to Rubella which means I am one of those people that the vaccine doesn't work for. Whenever I am pregnant, I am so scared of ch"v catching Rubella because I live in an area where there are many anti-vaxers.

Now if everyone would get the MMR shot, I wouldn't have to be so scared of catching it, but instead those people who do not vaccinate are putting me and my unborn baby in danger and there is nothing I can do about it.

As you see here besides for doing good to you and family you are doing chesed to pregant women. Avoiding cripling defects as defness and blindness to the fetus. Avoiding miscarriages and stillborns. Im embarrased to find out that my close family member who I took her to vacinate sometimes to help mom. So I am witness she vacinated. For some reason her titers showed not immune to measles but either she did not pay attention when her OB said or he bever said that her titers failed. She only found out NOW that the hospital is giving her the MMR. She delivered a healthy baby. Hashem did a huge chesed! She works with kids. And could have caught measles and had such a calenged life with cholila a deaf newborn or blind!!!!! She did not know. Her doctor did not openly tell her like" hey your titers are bad. If you catch measles your baby.....) now her newborn does NOT have the 6 months immunity that he should have had. She will have to use one of the rare good pediatricians who only allow immunized kids go there to avoid exposure ....I hope he will accept her

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 5:19 am
Quote:
Let's say hypothetically a vaccine was invented that prevents cancer.

Israel’s Vaxil develops groundbreaking cancer vaccine
cancer

In a breakthrough development, the Israeli company Vaxil BioTherapeutics has formulated a therapeutic cancer vaccine. Vaxil’s lead product ImMucin is an anti-MUC1 therapeutic vaccine and is currently being evaluated in a Phase I/II clinical trial in Multiple Myeloma patients at Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem. If all goes according to plan, the vaccine could be available to patients in about 6 years, to both help treat cancer as well as to keep the disease from recurring.

The VaxHit vaccine could be applied to 90 percent of all known cancers, including prostate and breast cancer. According to an article in Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs site, “In cancer, the body knows something is not quite right but the immune system doesn’t know how to protect itself against the tumor like it does against an infection or virus. This is because cancer cells are the body’s own cells gone wrong,” says Julian Levy, the company’s CFO. The trick is to activate a compromised immune system to mobilize against the threat.

In parallel, the company is also working on a vaccine that treats tuberculosis, a disease that’s increasing worldwide, including in the developed world, and for which the current vaccine is often ineffective and treatment is problematic.

Based in Ness Ziona, Vaxil was founded in 2006 by Dr. Lior Carmon, a biotechnology entrepreneur with a doctorate in immunology from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HPV is a whole different issue, that has been hashed out in other threads here many times. I like the vaccine in theory, but like many others here, I think it was rushed to market without enough research. The rate of adverse effects, and the severity of them, is too high IMHO.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 6:03 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Quote:
Let's say hypothetically a vaccine was invented that prevents cancer.

Israel’s Vaxil develops groundbreaking cancer vaccine
cancer

In a breakthrough development, the Israeli company Vaxil BioTherapeutics has formulated a therapeutic cancer vaccine. Vaxil’s lead product ImMucin is an anti-MUC1 therapeutic vaccine and is currently being evaluated in a Phase I/II clinical trial in Multiple Myeloma patients at Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem. If all goes according to plan, the vaccine could be available to patients in about 6 years, to both help treat cancer as well as to keep the disease from recurring.

The VaxHit vaccine could be applied to 90 percent of all known cancers, including prostate and breast cancer. According to an article in Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs site, “In cancer, the body knows something is not quite right but the immune system doesn’t know how to protect itself against the tumor like it does against an infection or virus. This is because cancer cells are the body’s own cells gone wrong,” says Julian Levy, the company’s CFO. The trick is to activate a compromised immune system to mobilize against the threat.

In parallel, the company is also working on a vaccine that treats tuberculosis, a disease that’s increasing worldwide, including in the developed world, and for which the current vaccine is often ineffective and treatment is problematic.

Based in Ness Ziona, Vaxil was founded in 2006 by Dr. Lior Carmon, a biotechnology entrepreneur with a doctorate in immunology from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HPV is a whole different issue, that has been hashed out in other threads here many times. I like the vaccine in theory, but like many others here, I think it was rushed to market without enough research. The rate of adverse effects, and the severity of them, is too high IMHO.

If this comes to fruition - it would be an absolutely amazing thing! Thanks for posting!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 6:08 am
amother wrote:
If this comes to fruition - it would be an absolutely amazing thing! Thanks for posting!

I would really, REALLY love to see BDS try to boycott this. Twisted Evil

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 7:37 am
amother wrote:
why 16? is that when you are legally an adult in your state? you got all vaccines and all boosters? how long did it take you to catch up on e/th?

Not OP, When I was growing up medical center I went to...didnt take anyone under 16 without an accompanying adult not even a throat culture & adult needed to sign for tratment.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 5:44 am
Many FFB people say no to HPV and I m FFB and I know their irrational rationalle to do with relations and who their future husband will be, tottaly not because HPV shot was rushed - it makes no sense. Im FFB from williamsburg and give HPV shot
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics