Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Druze Israeli 3 years who speaks english without learning it

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:58 pm
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....d-it/
They believe in "gilgulim." But there must be a normal explanation for this. How does he know English and barely knows Arabic?

violet1

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:27 pm
I watched this on the news in Israel a few months ago and it fascinated me. I'm hoping that they do a follow up story to see how he is progressing at Gan and if anyone had found an explanation.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:08 pm
I watched the video and I believe that the child has been exposed to movies as a baby and that's why he speaks the language fluently he has made several mistakes in English when he was talking
Also it's not a British English it's an American English I do believe that there are some pieces of the puzzle that's missing.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
I watched the video and I believe that the child has been exposed to movies as a baby and that's why he speaks the language fluently he has made several mistakes in English when he was talking
Also it's not a British English it's an American English I do believe that there are some pieces of the puzzle that's missing.

That's what I thought I heard American English too even though on the video (and I only watched part of it), they said British English. I said there's no way he just picked it up. Somewhere he must have heard it, tv or whatever.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 1:33 am
amother wrote:
That's what I thought I heard American English too even though on the video (and I only watched part of it), they said British English. I said there's no way he just picked it up. Somewhere he must have heard it, tv or whatever.

Not only that the video is brought to you by Amnon Levy and he's known to to be a liar or he twists fact around to make people look like idiots.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 7:35 am
I was going to say Druzes (and I) believe in gilgul/reincarnation.
But there could be some rational explanation...

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 8:12 am
amother wrote:
Not only that the video is brought to you by Amnon Levy and he's known to to be a liar or he twists fact around to make people look like idiots.

Have never heard that Amnon Levy is known to be a liar. Not in mainstream Israeli opinion anyway. He's controversial (lots of documentaries about how sephardim face discrimination), but no one has accused his facts of being wrong.

I saw the whole show long ago - there was no explanation. I dont believe the parents saw movies in English (why would they?) and even if they did, how come he doesnt know Arabic?
And if I recall the English was British, words like lorry etc.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
Have never heard that Amnon Levy is known to be a liar. Not in mainstream Israeli opinion anyway. He's controversial (lots of documentaries about how sephardim face discrimination), but no one has accused his facts of being wrong.

I saw the whole show long ago - there was no explanation. I dont believe the parents saw movies in English (why would they?) and even if they did, how come he doesnt know Arabic?
And if I recall the English was British, words like lorry etc.
The accent is American not British. I only listened to the end- a few words so I didn't hear everything he said. Maybe his neighbor played tv loud and he heard it through there.

Learning

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 1:42 pm
I heard something about a neighbor speaking English or playing the tv. Maybe this child is very talented in learning languages

Shuly

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 7:44 pm
I heard a British accent - listen to the way he says tummy and water.
I also thought he was talking about the watering can above.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:12 pm
Shuly wrote:
I heard a British accent - listen to the way he says tummy and water.
I also thought he was talking about the watering can above.
I listened to the whole clip just now. The words that he says with a British accent are the ones that end in R, like dinosaur, water. His other words are with an American accent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics