Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
The Pittsburgh 11 died Al Kiddush Hashem- R Simcha Scholar

Mevater

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 1:14 pm
https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....69904

Rabbi Simcha Scholar
Wake Up Call from Pittsburgh Massacre

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 1:22 pm
Thank you for posting this! I heard it last night and thought I should really post it, but I was too lazy embarrassed . Thanks!

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:54 pm
I haven’t read the article. But I firmly believe that anyone, regardless of religiosity or lack thereof, who is killed for the “crime” of being a Jew dies al kiddush Hashem.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?v=69904

Rabbi Simcha Scholar
Wake Up Call from Pittsburgh Massacre

Did anyone doubt that?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:56 pm
zaq wrote:
I haven’t read the article. But I firmly believe that anyone, regardless of religiosity or lack thereof, who is killed for the “crime” of being a Jew dies al kiddush Hashem.

Indeed.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 7:29 pm
zaq wrote:

That's what he said. He quoted Rabbi Dovid Feinstein, that the people who were killed definitely died al kiddush Hashem.

Mevater

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:44 pm
Heres the way some other Rabbis and prominent people from the Orthodox community saw it (beautiful and senstive).

".....Consider this letter from a Monsey rosh yeshiva, sent out to his wider community: “The tragic besurah [news] we all received this past Motzai Shabbos [Saturday night] was one that none of us were or should be equipped to absorb, process, understand or explain….How do we direct our overwhelming feelings of sadness, love and responsibility that all of us are undoubtedly feeling at this time?”

He went on, “These special, holy Yidden from Pittsburgh have been hatefully and mercilessly killed while they were communicating with Hashem, and killed for one reason and one reason only, because They Were JEWS, Hashem’s children. This type of killing renders each and every one of them as ‘Kedoshim’ [holy ones] dying al kiddush Hashem [sanctification of God’s name], the highest level one can reach.” The clear emphasis on reminding his followers that non-Orthodox Jews are their brethren is, in fact, notable.

Or consider this editorial from Aaron Kotler, the CEO of the premiere ultra-Orthodox Lakewood, NJ yeshiva, Beth Medrash Govoha. Writing in the Aspbury Park Press, he called for civic self-reflection: “Will we let America’s beacon, now nearly 250 years old, be extinguished? For surely we realize, it’s not Jews or blacks or Hispanics or women or Irish or Italians or Catholics or Muslims or some other group who are threatened, it’s America itself. Let us not imagine that the jackboots seek only the most vulnerable, it’s our beloved and so maligned Lady Liberty, now tired and huddled herself, tremulously holding her torch aloft, standing perplexed at her sons, whom they seek.”

Or watch this address of Dr. Zippora Schorr to the modern Orthodox Beth Tfiloh school in Baltimore — in which she read a letter from a nearby Catholic school leader, who expressed her “great sorrow following the massacre over the Tree of Life Synagogue.”

“This is a moment for a serious conversation about…the way we speak to each other, the discourse we have with each other,” Schorr said to her students. “The Beit Hamikdash [Temple] was destroyed because of sinat chinam, just senseless hate. There is only one way to cure senseless hate. Sinat chinam can only be cured by ahavat chinam [unconditional love]. By love, and kindness, and chessed......”

Read more: https://forward.com/life/faith.....-you/

Btw does anyone know which Monsey Rosh Yeshiva is quoted here?

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:07 pm
The Rov of my shul said the same thing today in his speech
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational