Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tiferes Chaya vs. Bnos Penina

mmyy

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:15 pm
I'm an open Chasidish, moving to Lakewood from BP (Bais Yaakov BP) and want a school that will not stand on me if I am with a smartphone or some skirt length ...
I do not know what to do, from each person I hear something else ... I thought between 3 schools:

Kesser Bait Yaakov - Someone told me it was more Yashivish and frum than Tiferes Chaya and someone said it's more modern chasidish (they told me that it is very difficult to get accepted and it is better to give up ...)

Tiferes Chaya - I also heard conflicting information,some say it's more frum and some say it's more open-minded

Bnos Pnina - I like the idea that they have all kinds and it's open, but some have told me I shouldn't send there because ''they accept everyone there ... ''

Also, do you know the academic level in the three schools

Please help ...

sweet

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:24 pm
Im also deciding between these 2 schools..
Have you gone to interviews in these schools yet?

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:31 pm
From your opening post you sound like you would fit into what Bnos Penina has recently become. A school that accepts everyone (your words) is more lenient with the parents, which is what you said in your OP that you want. Kesser and Tiferes Chaya aren't going to accept you if they get the vibes that you need a school that lets parents do whatever they want and thus undermine the school's chinuch.

People need to understand that you can't have both. If you want to send your daughters to a solid school with strong hashkafos but at the same time want to dress or do whatever else you want then you're looking in the wrong place. Dress how you like, but don't expect the school to raise your child with strong hashkafos.

Lakewood really needs a school for people like OP. I discussed this with someone on Shabbos and she mentioned that there are several such schools for non-chassidim (Ateres Tziporah, Tehilas Chaya Sara, etc.) but there really are none for the equivalent chassidish crowd like this that's starting to move to Lakewood/Toms River in droves. OP, if you want to open a school like this I'll help Very Happy.

mmyy

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:36 pm
sweet wrote:
Im also deciding between these 2 schools..
Have you gone to interviews in these schools yet?

No, I just applied...
What did you hear about them meanwhile?

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:42 pm
mmyy wrote:
I'm an open Chasidish, moving to Lakewood from BP (Bais Yaakov BP) and want a school that will not stand on me if I am with a smartphone or some skirt length ...
I do not know what to do, from each person I hear something else ... I thought between 3 schools:

Kesser Bait Yaakov - Someone told me it was more Yashivish and frum than Tiferes Chaya and someone said it's more modern chasidish (they told me that it is very difficult to get accepted and it is better to give up ...)

Tiferes Chaya - I also heard conflicting information,some say it's more frum and some say it's more open-minded

Bnos Pnina - I like the idea that they have all kinds and it's open, but some have told me I shouldn't send there because ''they accept everyone there ... ''

Please help ...

"Any club that will have me as it's member, I want no part of..."
By the way, Bais Yaakov of Boro Park accepts everyone too. I view that as a maaleh.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:45 pm
groisamomma wrote:

Lakewood really needs a school for people like OP. I discussed this with someone on Shabbos and she mentioned that there are several such schools for non-chassidim (Ateres Tziporah, Tehilas Chaya Sara, etc.) but there really are none for the equivalent chassidish crowd like this that's starting to move to Lakewood/Toms River in droves. OP, if you want to open a school like this I'll help Very Happy.

They used to ...

IT WAS CALLED BETZALEL HEBREW DAY SCHOOL...

An excellent school without all the garbage.. Reb Malkiel Kotler went there. We need such a place again

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:48 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
They used to ...

IT WAS CALLED BETZALEL HEBREW DAY SCHOOL...

An excellent school without all the garbage.. Reb Malkiel Kotler went there. We need such a place again

I remember Betzalel, but that's not the kind of school I'm referring to. When Betzalel was around, Lakewood was nowhere near as diverse as it is today, especially with regards to chassidim. We need more schools!!

mmyy

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 11:51 pm
groisamomma wrote:
From your opening post you sound like you would fit into what Bnos Penina has recently become. A school that accepts everyone (your words) is more lenient with the parents, which is what you said in your OP that you want. Kesser and Tiferes Chaya aren't going to accept you if they get the vibes that you need a school that lets parents do whatever they want and thus undermine the school's chinuch.

People need to understand that you can't have both. If you want to send your daughters to a solid school with strong hashkafos but at the same time want to dress or do whatever else you want then you're looking in the wrong place. Dress how you like, but don't expect the school to raise your child with strong hashkafos.

You didn't understand me right, I'm not that open like Ateres Tziporah, Tehilas Chaya Sara, I just don't want the Yeshivish Hashkafos, and the school to stand on every step I do like very Chasidish schools in BP....

Anyway thanks for the Chinuch....

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:13 am
mmyy wrote:

Please help ...

You are asking bout completely different schools in my opinion.
Tiferes chaya is a refined parent body more than 50% dont have smart phones. It's like bais brocha or nesivos in bp.
While bnos penina is a good school too it's just not like tiferes chaya.
Bnos penina did accept everyone a few yrs but they did buckle down the past yr and did sift through as there is a big demand for that school. If you are in BYBP and chassidish with-it type I'd say you fit into to bnos penina.
Tiferes chaya will have more rules etc.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:14 am
mmyy wrote:
You didn't understand me right, I'm not that open like Ateres Tziporah, Tehilas Chaya Sara, I just don't want the Yeshivish Hashkafos, and the school to stand on every step I do like very Chasidish schools in BP....

Anyway thanks for the Chinuch....

Most of the other schools in Lakewood have yeshivish hashkafos. Perhaps you’re not understanding Lakewood right.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:55 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics