Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Flabbergasted! High end logo's on Aliexpress
1  2  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:38 am
I see that Aliexpress sells just logo patches from high end companies to sew onto any clothing. I'm just flabbergasted! Do people really do this???? Are people that shallow & stupid??? Are some so desperate to have designer clothing that they're adding logos to regular stuff?????? Please enlighten me!

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:45 am
Of course people buy them.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:49 am
No I don't do this. But I see no reason to call people shallow and stupid for doing it.
We all "sin" differently.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:54 am
It's not a sin & it does not make someone unshallow. It's just unbelievable. I can't fathom that someone would really sew a Monclair label onto a H&M dress. She's not fooling anyone.

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
It's not a sin. It's just unbelievable. I can't fathom that someone would really sew a Monclair label onto a H&M dress. She's not fooling anyone.

Knock offs usually don't fool anyone who wears high end. But they usually fool a lot of people who don't.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
It's not a sin & it does not make someone unshallow. It's just unbelievable. I can't fathom that someone would really sew a Monclair label onto a H&M dress. She's not fooling anyone.

That's why I put sin in quotation marks. We all do shallow differently

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:57 am
amother wrote:

It's actually stealing so yes it's a sin. Why do you think the knockoffs are illegal and regularly pulled from the market? Because the companies lose money and it's their copyright.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
I see that Aliexpress sells just logo patches from high end companies to sew onto any clothing. I'm just flabbergasted! To people really do this???? Are people that shallow & stupid??? Are some so desperate to have designer clothing that they're adding logos to regular stuf?????? Please enlighten me!

In a certain way, I'm jealous of your obvious integrity and trust in the world!!!

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:18 pm
There are bigger problems in the world than people spending 600$ on a dress and people wanting to appear like they do.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:19 pm
I'm flabbergasted that you are flabbergasted that people do things you wouldn't. People do lots of stuff.

Something to keep in mind, is that in China what they are doing is perfectly legal. It's the importers themselves who are breaking local laws where copyright is upheld.

happyone

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:23 pm
It's illegal to sell them not illegal to buy. I never heard of logos being sold but I can see people who have a need to keep up with their designer friends purchase these. Sad.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:28 pm
When I saw your topic headline, I thought to myself, "Great! Let's get some cheap knockoffs! What are the links?"

I don't have extra money to spend on my clothes or clothes for my kids. But let's face it, I would love to be able to afford brand names. I think it's ridiculous that the top brands charge so much for their stuff.

I know people who spray their heels red to look like Louboutins or wear the "Blueberry" plaid that looks like Burburry. All the power to them!

So, like FF, I too am flabbergasted at your "flabbergastation". It's really not that big a deal.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:06 pm
What do you mean it's not a big deal??? This just shows that whoever is doing this is living for others & lacking self confidence to be who they are. A designer logo won't turn a cheap dress into high end.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
What do you mean it's not a big deal??? This just shows that whoever is doing this is living for others & lacking self confidence to be who they are. A designer logo won't turn a cheap dress into high end.

Good morning America

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:18 pm
It's also a huge business in Asia - think of all of the China Town knockoffs (there are the cheap knockoffs and the really good ones).

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:20 pm
Why do you assume people are buying these clothes for the designer logo? People are buying them for the fashion-same style as the brand name without the expensive price tag.

People recognize that most brand name fashion is also manufactured in China and cheaply made.

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:
Why do you assume people are buying these clothes for the designer logo? People are buying them for the fashion-same style as the brand name without the expensive price tag.

People recognize that most brand name fashion is also manufactured in China and cheaply made.

This is different. I've never seen it before, but it seems they're buying the labels separately and sewing them on the clothing. I agree with OP - it's mind-boggling. But to each their own. I don't understand the sarcastic responses.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:45 pm
Amother lime, they're buying just the logo patches & sewing them on to their clothing. Like they're buying a Gucci logo patch & sewing it on to a Zara dress so the world should see they're wearing gucci.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 5:02 pm
Got it, thought you were referring to the knock-off Monclers that women are wearing. (Not that I would be able to differentiate them from the authentic ones, this is what my teens are telling me is the current trend)
Is there something illegal to these fake logos?Seems like the designers would be happy with this free advertising!

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 5:59 pm
Forget about immoral. Am I the only one that thinks this is very tacky?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics