Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Apying to boys school lakewood

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:06 am
I applied to three boys elementry schools in Lakewood and I have not heard back from any in regards to scheduling an interview. How long does it take for schools to get back to an applicant for an interview. TIA

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
I applied to three boys elementry schools in Lakewood and I have not heard back from any in regards to scheduling an interview. How long does it take for schools to get back to an applicant for an interview. TIA

We applied to four schools and only heard back from one school.... two weeks ago. I don't know if every school has their own schedule of doing things, or it means we shouldn't hold our breath...

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:23 am
Call them and ask them - u don’t want to end up stuck. Ask them if they started any interviews....

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 6:17 pm
I work in a boys school and as far as I heard the schools have all been interviewing for 2-3 weeks already

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:43 pm
My husband called the schools and only one scheduled an interview. What happens at the inteveiw and how should I prepare my son?

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
My husband called the schools and only one scheduled an interview. What happens at the inteveiw and how should I prepare my son?

I don't think there's much to prepare. They asked my son if he recognized some of the Alef beis, some comprehension questions, following directions... nothing we could have prepared him for.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:48 pm
I just got a rejection letter from the only school that gave us an interview. What do I do now?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:08 pm
I guess call them and try to see if you can push yourself in. Also call the schools that have not given u interviews. Sometimes they interview and accept pple, and then see who of those pple will actually send to them. If not all do they may do a 2nd round of interviews.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:09 pm
Welcome to the club:( its crazy!! U have to really put strings after u apply. So try doing that in the other two schools where u also applied

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:09 pm
another question is, did you apply to schools that are relevant to you?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:32 pm
It’s a terrible feeling but Don’t take it as an “end of the road” - if you think this school makes sense for you (or others that didn’t give an interview) and that they don’t have a reason for not accepting other than lack of space, keep working at it. If you’re tired and had enough, you can wait til the vaad helps place somewhere, but If you’re interested/willing to keep working on it, then you should.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children